White Pollen?

• Thread starter TheNEBeanery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

I've been breeding for a few years now and have seen quite a few males but all of them had yellow pollen. I have this male right now what some would call a "true male" he came from a feminized run of BC bud Gsc X WOS strawberry blue. I call it strawberry blonde. He has never throw a preflower or a pistol. He will only show if you flower him. The first rum was not successful I must have screwed up the flowering phase at the end caused he didn't produce anything. Now he's dropping pollen that's pure white! The sacks are small but abundant and have very little pollen in them. Also the pollen is stuck inside of the bell and has absolutely no pollen on the outside of the bell. I have to slightly squeeze the bell to get anything out and its literally like 1/16 of a dash on a measuring spoon !
has anyone come across pure white pollen before our any other color then yellow? Can I reveg this male too. I didn't take a cut .

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

yeah let me get a few pics. Not sure how good they will come out!

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

WP 20160909 003
WP 20160909 006
WP 20160909 009

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

there are about 3 good clone sized branches that I could take that have not developed any balls yet. Think I will do that as well as reveg the original. So anyone seen white pollen before? Is he a gold mine? Is he a keeper? I'm gonna be saving the pollen and crossing him to a sister from the same batch. The females show the trait of anything less then 20 hr of light in veg triggers flowering! I put a female outside in may ( northeast here) and she had buds already the size an empty toilet paper roll before flowering season began here. Unfortunately due to an error of no holes in the bucket she drowned and turned to hay before I could harvest her most likely around the 20th of September and her buds would have been dripping and abundant. Around here thts what we call a wicked good strain! Anything you can harvest before October thts not dinky is a wanted product. It will surely help the people here in new England have a plentful harvest without worry of loosing good medicine to pm or frost!

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

When selecting a male it has to be progeny tested bred to see what he is capable of with stable females and well known so you can see the off spring characteristics or what the male side passed this is the only way knowing if the male is special or anything
The problem with regular m/f seed breeding is that many times the male of the cross will not be tested. It only get chosen because it may have a heavy funk, lots of trics on the stalks, or be more vigorous than it's siblings

on closing note have seen lime green, yellow bluish whte pollen etc until you test the male to a well known female it can be a dude or even a stud

Have fun learn and enjoy it can take 30,000 seeds to find that one unique MALE
and contrary to popular belief Males are more valuable then females

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

thanks folks! Blue pollen would luv to see that! Got a 600 in a 3x3 that I'm setting up right now. Gonna do a breeding run with it first off but I've only got about a week where I can veg them after they are stable. Got about 15 seeds left of the strawberry blonde so hopefully I will find the frosty girl to cross him with! Gonna take cuts tomorrow hopefully he survives!

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

thanks folks! Blue pollen would luv to see that! Got a 600 in a 3x3 that I'm setting up right now. Gonna do a breeding run with it first off but I've only got about a week where I can veg them after they are stable. Got about 15 seeds left of the strawberry blonde so hopefully I will find the frosty girl to cross him with! Gonna take cuts tomorrow hopefully he survives!
Tuned in. Stay blessed.

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

supposed to have a heat wave here for the next month. So when temps go down ill breed the blonde. I pollinated a cherry pie and my strawberry blonde s1 with some pollen yesterday so we will see if she took or not!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Yoyo- it's been my experience that white/pale pollen is usually weaker/sterile and it's very very hard to get seeds from it. I literally had to put a male (reversed plant) in a 5 gal pot through a fan to get him to juice enough to pollenate a 4x8'.

The best pollen goes beyond a yellow/gold color- it's this crazy mustard color, almost looks like there's some reddish orange in it. Every plant I've seen with that glowing mustard pollen produces LOTS of vigorous and quality offspring.

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

he's nit sterile ! Yeah! This is a tester bean I put out next to him cause I just didn't have the room and voila she's preggers. I will update with more pictures once the seeds start to form on the cherry pie and the strawberry blonde s1

WP 20160920 007
WP 20160920 006

Latest posts

Top Bottom