White Powder from Fogger Humidifer

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Running Under Current 13 gal modules, 4 rooms, growing trees.

I'm planning to add a couple fogger humidifiers to my system to get my R/H up to maximize my CO2.

I don't have R/O water, I have filtered tap. It comes out around 350-380 ppm.

Do I need to worry about getting a white powder film all over my trees from the humidifier? I've read about non-R/O water creating this dust from the high levels of cal/mag...

N

noone88

Even with RO water, you'll get some dust residue (most likely calcium) from your fogger. It sucks. I couldn't figure a way to fix it.

N

noone88

I want to say no. But you'll have to remember to wipe off your bulbs/reflector glass. It also shortened the life of my 12" fan

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, it's not bad for plants, but you may want to do the occasional washing off if you feel photosynthesis has been compromised. I actually use a product called Surround (super-fine kaolin clay) for plants that are prone to scorch when the weather gets very hot, like it was a few days ago.

Vinegar will do a great job of removing any carbonate material that builds up from unfiltered water.

sixstring

sixstring

for you guys running foggers,how often do you have to clean your bulbs or hood glass?

Latest posts

Top Bottom