White Powder Mildew...it's Everywhere!

• Thread starter ArcticOrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I believe people are killing it with organics but personally I haven't seen it. The way I can usually tell organic bud is that it is subpar in every aspect , flavor, smell, density, appearance and potency it's gotten so bad over the years that when someone tells me they have organic bud I already assume a sub standard product before I see it. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing organics just the many organic farmers in my area. I appreciate the offer for help but first step for me to take a run with organics is for someone to impress me with the goods. I don't want you organic tea brewers to be offended like I said I know top shelf can be produced by your methods. I had thrips once back in 98 don't know where they came from had mites briefly in 08 and 2012 from clones, and pm for a week in 2011 from farm cuts I recieved. I think if you start with clean plants, keep your area clean and enviroment good there is not much to worry about.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Th
Even lower. I see it almost annually on various plants (bull thistle, for example, or Cucurbits) at 30% and below.

When and how it presents depends as much on the particular strain you're growing as environmental parameters. ;)

That's interesting, I had WPM crop up a few times indoors and just dropped rh below 40 and no more WPM within a couple days.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

I believe people are killing it with organics but personally I haven't seen it. The way I can usually tell organic bud is that it is subpar in every aspect , flavor, smell, density, appearance and potency it's gotten so bad over the years that when someone tells me they have organic bud I already assume a sub standard product before I see it. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing organics just the many organic farmers in my area. I appreciate the offer for help but first step for me to take a run with organics is for someone to impress me with the goods. I don't want you organic tea brewers to be offended like I said I know top shelf can be produced by your methods. I had thrips once back in 98 don't know where they came from had mites briefly in 08 and 2012 from clones, and pm for a week in 2011 from farm cuts I recieved. I think if you start with clean plants, keep your area clean and enviroment good there is not much to worry about.

Well I'm always down to let someone sample some good organic bud :) let me get some shots of something I've grown. Of course pics won't do much justice lol.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

@mittenmedgrow I hope somebody proves you wrong (in a good way!) One day and can blow you away with their organic buds. I've seen great organic grows and terrible ones just like I've seen great hydro runs and terrible ones. They exist brother!

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I know they exists the farms full of great organic farmers that are a lot smarter than I am and would love to learn from someone who has mastered their methods but unfortunately where I live is full of garbage growers both organic and non. For some reason organics, teas and Benny's seem very complicated too me, so many different recipes and methods it's hard for me to wrap my head around it. Someday I'll take a run at it for sure

shemshemet

shemshemet

Trying to stay away from the organic debate because that's not what this is about!

Botyritis (gray mold) is literally everywhere!

Powdery mildew needs live plants to reproduce. So you are not going to find spores everywhere. You can, but much less likely than botrytis which can feed and reproduce off of dead tissue. So you can have a source of gray mold hiding inside your building or even room.

Botrytis is much more touchy than powdery mildew.

Once powdery mildew IS in your room, you have to take caution and fast.

But people who don't have powdery mildew spores in their room are NOT at immediate risk.

Long as your intake from outside is filtered or your intake is from inside your building, you really should not encounter the disease.

Again I praise prevention.....if you have powdery mildew, you most likely brought the spores in from infected material. Or you visited an infected garden and then went in to your garden.

mancdank

mancdank

Due tell.... What is the proper climate for them to be active?
I've read somewhere that it attacks when the rh of the room is higher that the rh of the root mass and thinking back when I have had it in the past its been with noobies who think when I say don't over water think they only need a thimble full so maybe there's something in what I read what ever it is I rarely get any issues like that I'm a over thinker who likes prevention better than cure lol

cannabeans

cannabeans

How I have managed to keep it away from me is by keeping night and daytime temps just about equal. 85 daytime 80 night time...Humidity 60 percent. I dont spray any preventatives.

mancdank

mancdank

How I have managed to keep it away from me is by keeping night and daytime temps just about equal. 85 daytime 80 night time...I dont spray any preventatives.
I don't spray anything for that either what I meant by prevention is keeping everything clean and tidy and never put off untill tomorrow what can be done today :)

shemshemet

shemshemet

When I say prevention I mean don't let spores enter your room. Cleanliness is great, but spores don't pop out of nowhere. If your room opens directly to the outdoors or you vent directly from outside, then this is your problem area. This is where you need prevention. Powdery mildew spores don't typically exist indoors.

Store your soil outdoors? Maybe not the best idea...

Top Bottom