White powder residue on floor in grow room

• Thread starter StalkerAF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Hello all,

I have noticed a very fluffy white powder residue that seems to only be developing on the concrete floor around the edges of the room. I am not finding any residue on the plant or anywhere else that I can see so far.

My first guess would probably be coming from the humidifier but I only use distilled water because I have had issues in the past with a white powder residue that clogged my vent filter. When that happen I noticed white powder all over the room. This is not the case this time.

Any thought on this? Plant seems healthy going on 3 weeks flower.

White powder residue on floor in grow room
White powder residue on floor in grow room 2
White powder residue on floor in grow room 3
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

mold due to higher rh near the ground and the wall.

concrete easily retain some dust and water, and dust can contain mold spore.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i think you can't do much about it, it will probaly come back periodically depending the rh, that due to room shape and ventilation, rh might be ideal for mold devellopment on some specific location inside the room, like where the floor meet the wall it seem

and concrete tend to retain humidity to some degree.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
You can seal the floor and the bottom 2feet of the wall. Flex seal works great, or marine paint.

Z

Zab

This may not be the problem, but it happened at a friends place where the outside soil was alkiline, plus it was springtime so a lot of moisture coming up from ground freeze and high humidity.

Is this the first occurace you have noticed, if so this may not be the problem then.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

This may not be the problem, but it happened at a friends place where the outside soil was alkiline, plus it was springtime so a lot of moisture coming up from ground freeze and high humidity.

Is this the first occurace you have noticed, if so this may not be the problem then.
3rd grow in this room and have not noticed it before.

I do live in the mountains and we are entering spring time conditions. There is no other moisture content entering the area I can speak of. Grow room is a sealed setup.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
What won’t flex seal do haha!
“that’s a lot of damage”
Glass boat to the front 👊🏻

On the real thoug, that shit is money.
My race car trailers roof has a proprietary coating at all times hahahaha.
Def works good on weeping walls just have to reapply every other year or so.

P

Putthataway

I can’t say if it’s mold or not but look into concrete sulfate attack.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Thank you.

I did vacuum it up, any other recommendations?
Just clean the floor with some chlorine or something
Just dialute it in some water and was the floor should kill the bacteria
Any cleaning product should workk

Top Bottom