White residue on leaves

• Thread starter Dizzy88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Looking for some help from any of the squad over here willing to offer any insight please ..

This plant is 11 days old from seed. I am noticing white residue on the leaves. Is that from water touching the plant when I go to hand water ?

thinking I should avoid doing that ... not sure what it is though !!

White residue on leaves
White residue on leaves 2
Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Side note the right leaf is just wet from recently hand watering. That leave doesn’t look as bad as pic shows with the light glare

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Could be residue. Make sure you don't get it on the leaves. If you have to lift them out of the way.

Do you have a fan that is very very lightly blowing over the top? It will push the humidity away. In RDWC that a very humid area.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Hi aqua
Yes I have two fans one going over the top , and one oscillating the room. I tried the wiping with paper towel and milk spray I read about online so let’s see if that helps ... it did get humid in there last two days I had to turn humidifier off

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

The milk spray seemed to have stained the leaves.... either that or it exposed all the white powder on the leaves lol FML!!! 🤦🏽‍♂️. I will take some pics after work but honestly my humidity I never let it get over 60. Temps have been high lately becus of this damn heat wave. Hope these are milk stains and not WPM.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Are you on untreated (hard) well water? Could be calcium or minerals.
What about dust? You wouldn't happen to be drywalling a room eh? That would leave water spots. So would tree pollen. Ash and Poplar pollen here is at peak and putting my allergies in high gear. Run your hand or finger on a flat surface in the room. If you pickup a bunch of dust/pollen, that's probably the culprit.

This is a little bit of a stretch, but it could be Grey mold. If it is, the petiole is gray-white with a water stain shape, the tissue softens to rot, the surface has grey mold IF you have high humidity. Check the petiole.
Petiole botany

Personally, I think Aqua Man has it. Even if the room is dry, next to the clay, it's humid.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Are you on untreated (hard) well water? Could be calcium or minerals.
What about dust? You wouldn't happen to be drywalling a room eh? That would leave water spots. So would tree pollen. Ash and Poplar pollen here is at peak and putting my allergies in high gear. Run your hand or finger on a flat surface in the room. If you pickup a bunch of dust/pollen, that's probably the culprit.

This is a little bit of a stretch, but it could be Grey mold. If it is, the petiole is gray-white with a water stain shape, the tissue softens to rot, the surface has grey mold IF you have high humidity. Check the petiole.
View attachment 991837

Personally, I think Aqua Man has it. Even if the room is dry, next to the clay, it's humid.

Hey Tycho... thanks for insight. I am using tap water To top up for my Rez in both buckets ... our tap water here comes out at about 7 on the ph scale

my grow tent is in my garage ... garage is still not insulated fully or dry walled so it can be dust from surroundings but haven’t done any work there recently. I wouldn’t rule that out though ... but I got the tent sealed in pretty tight. I will check petihole after Work n post pics

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Ok that's absolutely perfect water for hydro. Can use your tap water 100%
Phew 😅 that’s good to know I was going by opinion of several local grower friends they said tap water in our area has worked wonders for them.

should be off work in few hours hopefully what I got going on these leaves is just a milk stain Lol!! I think I jumped the gun a bit with the milk spray ... fell for the google curse

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Phew 😅 that’s good to know I was going by opinion of several local grower friends they said tap water in our area has worked wonders for them.

should be off work in few hours hopefully what I got going on these leaves is just a milk stain Lol!! I think I jumped the gun a bit with the milk spray ... fell for the google curse
Google's has killed more plants than helped 😜

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Don't think it's your problem by any stretch but have you heard of spittle bugs? Those suckers (literally they eat the sap from plants) are something else. They leave a residue that is similar. Basically on one of my plants I was watching a arc of water coming out of the top of it. Little thin stream. It was one of those what in the actual... moments. And there's this bug pissing away in a high arc... out of the plant. They are easy to get off of them. Just flick the stem and they fly away. Anyway...

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Don't think it's your problem by any stretch but have you heard of spittle bugs? Those suckers (literally they eat the sap from plants) are something else. They leave a residue that is similar. Basically on one of my plants I was watching a arc of water coming out of the top of it. Little thin stream. It was one of those what in the actual... moments. And there's this bug pissing away in a high arc... out of the plant. They are easy to get off of them. Just flick the stem and they fly away. Anyway...
Am going to be watching the babies tonight closely. I can see how that would be a what the eff moment !!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Am going to be watching the babies tonight closely. I can see how that would be a what the eff moment !!

Man I was TRIIIIIIIIIIIPING. I've never talked "publicly" about growing before this. It was always one of those "you don't even tell your momma" kind of things. Been going at it since the mid 90's. I do outdoor during the day and inside at night. I can hold more, less lights. It works for me. But THESE BUGS? Never saw them before this year. I grow from a week after the last frost through the first frost for the year for my wife and I. Then the momma plants come inside and we nurse them through the winter. Start putting down seeds and cloning a few weeks before the projected last frost and do it all over again. Can definitely learn something new every day :)

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Man I was TRIIIIIIIIIIIPING. I've never talked "publicly" about growing before this. It was always one of those "you don't even tell your momma" kind of things. Been going at it since the mid 90's. I do outdoor during the day and inside at night. I can hold more, less lights. It works for me. But THESE BUGS? Never saw them before this year. I grow from a week after the last frost through the first frost for the year for my wife and I. Then the momma plants come inside and we nurse them through the winter. Start putting down seeds and cloning a few weeks before the projected last frost and do it all over again. Can definitely learn something new every day :)
Oh yeah !!! Cycle and go my man ! This is my First indoor grow and first hydro grow at that so I am keeping an open mind and trying to learn as much as I can ! This white residue is a first for me though 🤔

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Update :

my uneducated opinion / wishful thinking is saying it is milk stains on the leaves Now because a little gentle wiping with wet paper towel was getting most of it off. Didn’t want to overdo it and stress the ladies out so will do some more tomorrow and try to get them mint clean.

pics attached. I checked pH and Ppm ...nothing out of Wack ...and still running 55-60 humidity. Is there a foliar spray anyone recommends to avoid potential WPM ? I checked the petiola nothing seems off

or worse so... does this look like WPM?

B82CD728 3C30 48C2 9C56 FDBFB7807E34
983A69B3 97AA 40AB 9894 6D97C595AE0A
63C4902F 5D4C 41D9 B1D1 3247340C3FCF
135B44E9 DB63 42BC 8BC8 B3173401F470
E7D6CB31 E830 4195 B424 7FC8B86E2123

Latest posts

Top Bottom