White rhino 2 phenos?????

• Thread starter seedx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

seedx

Hi folks!!! I am currently growing two White Rhino mothers.The problem is that the two plants are not going together.One is flowering very quick and the other is at least a week or two behind.Note that they are switched 12/12 at the same time.I think that the problem is in pheno types.Is it possible that the slow plant is the Sativa pheno???Dudes it is flowering sooo slow.I've been treating the two mothers the same way from seed.Here are some photos of the two tops:First is the normal growing plant and the second is the slower(sativa pheno i suppose)PLZZZ HELP
Bud1.JPG
bud21.JPG

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter
????

....so u said they were your mothers, now your flowering both of them out? How old are they from when u first popped the seeds? u were taking about the same amount of cuts off of both of them and they're bout the same size?....it could be alot of things, did u transplant b4 12/12 flip? if so how'd the root masses look compared to one another? IF one plant was more established, it may have came out of gates faster flowering after transplant. pheno type def depends on speed of flowering. Do the fingers look alot diffrent on the 2 moms, from the pics they didnt look too diffrent, a bit but not like not 1 moma with fatty indi dom fingers, and the other with skinny Sat. dom fingers, they look relatively alike to me...THE condition/size of the mothers could affect the speed of flower(like if u hit one harder taking more cuts and it took a while to rebound once flipped to 12/12....location relative to light of course makes a diffrence(if 1 is getting wayyy more light, the other may not be gettin the lumens for it to chunk up.....could be a bunch of things, as long as your not seeing any problems with em(nute lockup, preme fade ect. ) jus give em another week or two and see where things are at with em.....GOOD LUCK WIT THE GROW tho....

S

seedx

Thanks for reply dude.I've used the wrong word for my girls.They've never been mother plants.They are about month and a half vegging and around 20 days flowering(counting from the first signs of sex).I am using two CFL on the tops and one HPS 70W projector down under the flowers(u can see the bright yellow light on the pic)
two.JPG
.They were seeded at the same time.While they were vegging the good one was growing faster.It was the first from the two to form side branches.I dont understand why are they growing so different.Here are pics of the good and the slow ones
good1.JPG

bad.JPG

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter
....well....

....thats the way she goes when poppin seeds.....some of em gonna be the super fire keepers, some of em are gonna be ok, while some of em might just be junk....the name of the game with poppin seeds is take cuts from every seed....grow out your seeds, see which ones look like the keepers. finish your flower cycle, cure the smoke....get puffed, see what floats ya boat.....then plant the sh_t out of that particular cut...alot of people will even run cuts from ALL the seeds, not jus the champ lookin ones, cuz clones can grow way diffrent from the original seed...if u dont feel like or dont hav the time, do some selecting on cuts from the getgo.....ALWAYS take multiple cuts of everything, cuz it sucks loosing the keeper pheno out of a pack of beans cuz your clones didnt root(and it definitely happens)....like i said, jus keep on doin what u doin, DONT OVERFEED 'em...see what comes....since it was jus 2 seeds u planted its totally possible, 1 seed jus has "the juice", and the other is not gonna be a keeper pheno... i've seen fatty lil grows with jus floro's, so GOOD LUCK...and only bein 20 days in, looks like your on yer way to some homegrown kind.....Qwon

S

seedx

Man do u think that the light under the plants looking up the tops from bellow will do any good.Some folks here said that there is no use of light shining under the leaf.They say it has to shine above the leaf which i thing is right but i dont have the space to put my HPS projector above.So it is laying down next to the pots.Shining upwards the lower and middle flowers.I already can tell that this is not so bad alternative , because right now the lowest buds are forming very well and new and new are forming just few inches from the soil.And i am shure these wont be just small popcorns.

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

.....try putting that 70w on the side of the plant and moving it around every day or 2....maybe only like 3 of the sides(back, right, left), then repeat, if space is limited. I know ppl that have put t5's(even tho they dont have the penetration of an HPS/MH) on the sides of plants to get the plant to fill out down the sides...ya know, like a vert light hybrid sorta....your floro's on top and since u dont got room up top for the HPS put around the sides and move it around to get the plant to fill out evenly, the extra bit of light'll help them bottoms fill in a bit..keep it close, but make sure not to burn your plants with the heat(have a lil ocilating fan moving the air around).....idk, justa thought....keep it up, i'll check in ina week or 2 and see what u up to.....GOOD LUCK MAN.....Qwon

S

seedx

The problem right now is space.So for now i have to stick with that bottom set up!No space for side movin and shit.But i think that this is better than not using the projector at all.Atleast it gives an extra light even if it comes from below!

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

....hows things going for u man.....

S

seedx

Tnx for that interest!!! So far only one(the better lookin strain)is going as it has to(so many raisins and fast flower production).The other is like "paused".Verry crapy!I am so disapointed with it.I've found some black buggers under the leaves of both.I think that they are mites but after research i think that these BLack mites are no that dangerous like the red ones.In fact they might be spider mites destroyers or something.Have u heard them?Is that correct?

S

seedx

Thats my girl around day 45 but not qute shure
DSC035541.JPG

DSC035551.JPG

That is pic at day 51 from switching 12/12
DSC03583.JPG

I think to let i flower 4-5 days more and i am cuttin it.It will be around 8 week.In the GHS video thay've cutted it at week 9 but i think that 9 weeks will be too much THC degradation.Any SUGGESTIONS????????

Latest posts

Top Bottom