White Romulan?

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Just what is the lineage of the "White Romulan"? I got my cut a couple years ago in Eugene. Slow grower, not a big stretcher. Short little Indica that yielded about 5 oz out of the box with no attention. Resinous and dense sage smelling flowers. After a couple months of curing the herby sage taste developes into a strong licorice taste. Strong high and fairly smooth too. What is it? Widow or the white crossed to romulan? Whoever knows has good taste because this unique little cut is above average.

zeke

zeke

Really? Damn. I hate it when I like a fem. Thats why I don't buy em. If I like them I still won't breed with them based on my own preconceived notions of what could happen. A prisoner of my own ethical principles. Damn me and my lofty ideals....

soserthc1

soserthc1

Really? Damn. I hate it when I like a fem. Thats why I don't buy em. If I like them I still won't breed with them based on my own preconceived notions of what could happen. A prisoner of my own ethical principles. Damn me and my lofty ideals....
This is a fem exception as the white is one of the most famous plants there is Org 's fem gear is better than most . Its actually a sweet plant you have and his fem's are stable never had or heard of any issue's

zeke

zeke

I know and chems too. I realize some unique strains originated as bagseed or random hermo. I accept the fact and deal with it. This strain is good, not great. I like it and its kind of an unique terpene profile. It is not however good enough to make me wanna work the line or anything. Of course all this depends on me and my tastes, its a fine plant don't get me wrong. I'm just into traditional male to female breedings. Not that self love and fem on fem isn't cool, I'm just not into generating parentals through these methods.

zeke

zeke

I concur, Mr. White. Fem of a self of a self. That's just not right. I wonder where the herby licorice taste comes from? White or romulan? I hope the romulan. I'll run some and see. If it is I'll cross it with another licorice strain and make a bunch of regular seeds. Then I'll select for licorice flavor along with a few other traits like resin, yield, mold resistance and high calyx to leaf ratios. Boring I know, but with a little time I will have a lot of healthy plants and seed exhibiting the selected traits. Why whoever made this cross didn't follow usual breeding protocol is beyond me. Why back yourself into a corner genetically speaking?

beaker

beaker

^^^^ lol.........yeah, I luv when people make claims about certain "breeding" ideals when it's painfully obvious they've never taken a science class before or know anything about genetics or breeding.

You should just toss all those seeds out man, S1 of an S1 = Garbage........ right?

It's isn't "backing your self into a corner genetically speaking"...........Seriously man, quit throwing words and terms around you don't understand.

There's some very good reasons to S1 a plant..............or you'd think all these people that are doing it (and alot of them are more knowledgable and experienced than you are) wouldn't be...........genetically speaking.

Beaker

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Yeah, he didn't pick up on the sarcasm. Thought I was laying it on pretty thick.

zeke

zeke

I have enough college education to understand the relatively simple terms and techniques we are talking about here guys. Didn't get a fancy degree. Sorry. Seemed more profitable to read books and grow tons of pot. Throw in lots of smart and kind friends and a bit of travel and I consider myself passable for human. I can read and comprehend quite well. So with that in mind, bear with me O' wise and powerful wizards. It is definetly not rocket surgery. Release thine panties from thou buttcrackeths kind sirs.

Selfing has its uses. Nothing will tell you more about a plants potential than selfing. More still selfing a self. More combinations over the initial genes involved recombined. Throws of the dice. A very limited genepool with less and less diversity present due to the lack of new genetic material being introduced.

Now if I select two different parents that are not related but exhibit similar terpene profiles and cross them, the resulting progeny will now have two different copies of genes that express the same wanted trait. That will increase my odds of getting the taste and/or smell that I'm after while at the same time imparting hybrid vigor and insuring that my chosen line has a lot more genetic combinations possible. By that I mean more genes available to search for positive traits. I prefer to select from as many individuals as possible through out all phases of work.

zeke

zeke

@ Walter White: thanks for the relevant info regarding the origins of white romulan. Now I know more about it and you were helpful. If you are interested in making your extremely hilarious brand of "sarcasm" more effective then I suggest that you set it up with a tad more context.

@ beaker: wow. You are certainly an aggressive contributor to this thread. You feel very strongly about your own preconceived knowledge about my lack of intelligence. If I try to use my own feeble mental prowess to understand why you have reached these conclusions I am at a loss. Nothing written above by me indicates any lack of understanding of the basic "terms and words" involved. I hate to waste your apparently invaluable time. If you find it in your heart to descend from your ivory tower and illuminate this poor wretched peasant's view of reality then I would be forever in your debt. My liege. I'll open my kimono and unsheath my katana and await your words. As soon as it is deemed honorable I will proceed to commit hari-kari.

That, boys is sarcasm. Or whatever your sexes are. You incorrectly assumed I am a dude, not that it matters in the least. Oh yeah, I got me some tig 'ol bitties!

Latest posts

Top Bottom