White slime in my uc!

• Thread starter northman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
northman

northman

I am running my 12 site 8 gallon uc system for the first time. I used a aeroflo 2o for my pre-veg and tranferred my girls into the uc when they reached 12 inches on top and bottom. My room temp is 70 degrees and thanks to my water chiller my water temps stay at a constant 65 degrees. I have covered all the exposed pipes and buckets with reflective insulation. There is zero light getting through to any water. I have only had the girls in the uc system for 50 hours and there is already white slime on the roots! I am using Dyna bloom at 4ml/GL and Cal mag at 3ml/GL with H2o2 at 1ml/GL. What could be causing this slime and what it the best course of action to take? I have read that this slime cant take hold if you keep your water temps down and you have plenty of oxygen to aerate your system. Please lend some knowledge to the new guy.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Hit them with Zone from Dutchmaster or H2O2 and do it now. Follow the label on the Zone and use the max amounts. If you go with H2O2 buy the strong stuff and mix it down to 3% and than add 3ml per liter to start if no improvement in 24 hr, hit them with 4ml per liter and repeat in 3 days. That should do it. I run a tight ship also but this stuff happens. I have run at 62 and got slimed..

northman

northman

Hit them with Zone from Dutchmaster or H2O2 and do it now. Follow the label on the Zone and use the max amounts. If you go with H2O2 buy the strong stuff and mix it down to 3% and than add 3ml per liter to start if no improvement in 24 hr, hit them with 4ml per liter and repeat in 3 days. That should do it. I run a tight ship also but this stuff happens. I have run at 62 and got slimed..
Many thanks for the help! I am headed out the door to see if my local shop caries zone. If they don't I will go ahead and hit them with the 33%H2o2 that I have. What water temps are you running now? Should I adjust my chiller to a lower temp?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

65 is fine don't go any lower it slows uptake, I use to run lower thinking the more DO was available, but further research showed that root function slowed in the lower 60"s and 68 was ideal, I measure temp at two points the epicenter and the last bucket., so running in the res at 65 is a safe bet. Mix your 33% down to the desired percentage than add to water. Some times I do drop the temp in the last 3 days and this will make my colors show in strains that have color, purple and black.

Soo Hazee

Soo Hazee

I'm also a new guy with an uc system, and it might sound crazy but I just have to ask "what is the formula to mix the 33% h2o2 down to 3% ?" Just for future reference...

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I had the same issue I'm first run in the UC I also ran 4ml/gal dynabloom I made a couple of calls to CC and they told me to rise the roots with tepid water and gently rub the slim off and dilute the strength of your nutes down to about 150ppm and gradually increase every week but but you increase make sure your plants start to grow but adding more and than go up by 10%. This method work for me great my plant removed also one other note make sure your RH is at 60% or more to help they will love it.

Kushlvr

Kushlvr

That white slime is a Cyanobacteria & it loves oxygen also thrives in dark places. I'm still unsure where exactly it comes from but my guess is my water source. I use a big boy RO with the big boy uv sterilizer & it still likes to show up so the only thing I've found that keeps it at bay is a microbe tea. I currently am using CS A&B & bud booster with some cal mag. When the slime appears I brew a 10gl batch of tea & add 8 gl into my 200 gallon system. The other 2 gallons I top feed directly onto the net pots. When first starting to brew tea I followed Heisenberg's brew witch is 15ml of Aqua shield per gallon,1/4-1/2 scoop of Zho,1-2 handfuls of ancient forest that I put into nylon pantyhose tied off & suspend into the water then add about 10ml of unsulfured molasses this is all per gallon of dechlorinated water. Use a large air pump & stone run under the ancient forest & let brew for 48hrs. It works! I've tried zone & H2o2 it helped but the bacteria always came back. After introducing this tea to the system your roots will turn a dark color,don't trip the tea is working within a few days you will see fuzzy new white shoots everywhere. Also if you feel the side of the epicenter it will be slimy if the bacteria is present once the tea takes hold no more slimyness. You must add new batch of tea every 3 days but only using a cup or two per module. I currently have been making my teas with caps bennies or triple helix brewing key to fungi & key to microbes with success. I hope this helps. I know it sounds scary adding organics into the UC system but it was the only thing I found that works my plants have never been as healthy.

T

tipper619sd

That white slime is a Cyanobacteria & it loves oxygen also thrives in dark places. I'm still unsure where exactly it comes from but my guess is my water source. I use a big boy RO with the big boy uv sterilizer & it still likes to show up so the only thing I've found that keeps it at bay is a microbe tea. I currently am using CS A&B & bud booster with some cal mag. When the slime appears I brew a 10gl batch of tea & add 8 gl into my 200 gallon system. The other 2 gallons I top feed directly onto the net pots. When first starting to brew tea I followed Heisenberg's brew witch is 15ml of Aqua shield per gallon,1/4-1/2 scoop of Zho,1-2 handfuls of ancient forest that I put into nylon pantyhose tied off & suspend into the water then add about 10ml of unsulfured molasses this is all per gallon of dechlorinated water. Use a large air pump & stone run under the ancient forest & let brew for 48hrs. It works! I've tried zone & H2o2 it helped but the bacteria always came back. After introducing this tea to the system your roots will turn a dark color,don't trip the tea is working within a few days you will see fuzzy new white shoots everywhere. Also if you feel the side of the epicenter it will be slimy if the bacteria is present once the tea takes hold no more slimyness. You must add new batch of tea every 3 days but only using a cup or two per module. I currently have been making my teas with caps bennies or triple helix brewing key to fungi & key to microbes with success. I hope this helps. I know it sounds scary adding organics into the UC system but it was the only thing I found that works my plants have never been as healthy.

I really wanted to try a run of living rez . From the looks of it it seems u like it ? I would like to find out a few basics about it before running it. I have heard a few farmers say they have ran living rezs . If u could point me in the right direction pm me i would love to chat more about this.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Capulators tea is the way to go.. pm him here on the farm. The site for his tea is http://www.ogbiowar.com/. He's the man for tea here on the farm, great stuff..

quote="tipper619sd, post: 1016977, member: 29133"]I really wanted to try a run of living rez . From the looks of it it seems u like it ? I would like to find out a few basics about it before running it. I have heard a few farmers say they have ran living rezs . If u could point me in the right direction pm me i would love to chat more about this.[/quote]

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have been running undercurrent style RDWC systems for years now. The only way I have been able to beat the slime was to inoculate the whole system with Bennies. The way I continually inoculate my systems is to run chow mix in net puts above the water, and a top feed irrigation system using the rdwc water drizzles water through the coco/hydroton. As the excess water drops back into the rdwc it brings beneficial bacteria with it. I believe this helps keep pathogens at bay and I have no problems... except trying to figure out what to do with all the yield, lol.

Camnibus

Camnibus

What media are your girls in? After I switched from hydroton to grow rocks, the slime went away.

Kushlvr

Kushlvr

I am running my 12 site 8 gallon uc system for the first time. I used a aeroflo 2o for my pre-veg and tranferred my girls into the uc when they reached 12 inches on top and bottom. My room temp is 70 degrees and thanks to my water chiller my water temps stay at a constant 65 degrees. I have covered all the exposed pipes and buckets with reflective insulation. There is zero light getting through to any water. I have only had the girls in the uc system for 50 hours and there is already white slime on the roots! I am using Dyna bloom at 4ml/GL and Cal mag at 3ml/GL with H2o2 at 1ml/GL. What could be causing this slime and what it the best course of action to take? I have read that this slime cant take hold if you keep your water temps down and you have plenty of oxygen to aerate your system. Please lend some knowledge to the new guy.
Did you get rid of the white slime? If so how did you go about it & did you figure out where that stuff comes from. I had a brand new system (complete w/ everything)& was even using a UV sterilizer before adding the water into the system & it still shows up. I'm wondering where this bacteria is coming from? The one good thing is with properly brewed teas that slime has no chance of living.

Latest posts

Top Bottom