White Spots And More. 1st Time Grow.

• Thread starter No.Name
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

No.Name

Hello everyone. New to the forum here and been on several times reading during my 1st grow. I now seem to have an issue.

So I started my plants indoors back on April 20th under 4-8 CFL lights (varied on plant sizes). First week of July I decided to move 3 of the 5 plants outside. Changed the light schedule from 18-6 to 15-9 over the course of just over 1 week

Anyhow I'm trying to grow in a simple manner since this my first time I have been keeping to a 2 watering (4-5 days) (PH'd to 6.0/6.5) and 1 watering with 1tsp Maxi bloom. 4 liters of water per plant in the 5gal bucket.

Anyhow I started noticing the white spots on the leafs and some "dead" leaf ends. Now I zoomed in with my phone and I don't see any eggs, spider mites or webbing. Also the dots don't look like mold because they don't seem powdery. The dots don't scrape off. I know it's probably 1 of the 2 thing. Do you think it can be from water on the leafs with the nutes? I don't seem to have this issue with my 2 indoor plants. Also some of the tips look dead.

Also when I put my plants outdoors they seem to have stretched a bit. The outdoor plants range from 27" to 30" while the indoors were about 24" since my last measurement. I do see leaves forming where they stretched.

One last thing, I decided to "top" the plants outside due to the rapid height and I don't want them to be more then 5ft tall. So I did what I read by cutting the top middle leaf off just above the 1st nodes. They seem a little brown on top is this normal? It's been 2 days

Any help would be appreciated. I have included pictures of each outdoor plants as well.

White spots and more 1st time grow
White spots and more 1st time grow 2
White spots and more 1st time grow 3
White spots and more 1st time grow 4
White spots and more 1st time grow 5
White spots and more 1st time grow 6
White spots and more 1st time grow 7
White spots and more 1st time grow 8
White spots and more 1st time grow 9
White spots and more 1st time grow 10
N

No.Name

Only a few leaves affected. The smaller plants doesn't look to be as bad

Also grow medium is ProMix HP with mycorrhizae

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I'd top that big single down to the size of the rest of the plant

Madbud

Madbud

Got a lot going on there, first i’d hose it off to get rid of any pollen. Burnt tips are probably a nute burn, nitrogen is a guess. Last, check under the leaves for any critters. Good luck

N

No.Name

Upon further inspection today I believe I may have spider mites. Stone Stacker I believe you are right after looking at that picture I do think I see the little spider mite on the lower left

Being in Canada my options for pesticides is limited local stores have safer's tomato pesticide soap or bug B Gone soap for tomato plants I'm going to give them a shot but which one?

N

No.Name

I believe I might have even seen an egg I'll be ordering a microscope so I get closer looks Plus for the trichomes when they're ready

N

No.Name

Here is my 2 indoor plants. They seem to be doing great. I few leaves have nute burn it seems but only 3-4 on the each plant. Only thing I see is that in the last few days they haven't really grown much in height (but seem to have filled up with lots of nodes and fan leaves) . They have been sitting at 20" in height and they were planted on April 20th and I went from solo cup to 1.5gal pot then yo the 5gal bucket. It seems after the move to the bucket the indoors have stay around the same height where as the outdoor ones have grown up.

I'm thinking of changing to the soft white lights and putting them into flowering mode. Do you guys recommend this? Would you recommend a 36-48hr dark cycle before doing the 12/12 cycle? (For the indoors obviously)

Also the outdoors seem to be growing a lot more nodes and leaves in the stretched out areas. So I think I should refrain from cutting them down like the 1 poster suggested. What do you think?

Thanks for the help first time grower just learning. I feel for my first time they seem to be doing pretty good minus the suspected spider mites which I have no clue where those came from.

Next year I plan on getting a grow tent and doing all my plants indoors with all the better equipment like lights, fans etc.. money permitting.

20180614 054431
20180614 054440
20180614 054435
20180614 054446
Last edited:
D

dirkdaddy

Maybe some minor ph issues. Plant looks a nice shade of green, healthy, and strong. I wouldn't worry about it especially with your first grow. Throw that thing into flower asap though.

Top Bottom