White Walls or silver foil walls ?

• Thread starter CreekWolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CreekWolf

CreekWolf

Howdy All
What's everyone's thought on wall and floor coverage colour or material as in painted walls or thermo wrap etc ?
Was wondering the same also on the floor. Silver ? White? Grey? Seems most tents are all silver foil but know some people with a flat white room

Cheers

SantaLee

SantaLee

Howdy All
What's everyone's thought on wall and floor coverage colour or material as in painted walls or thermo wrap etc ?
Was wondering the same also on the floor. Silver ? White? Grey? Seems most tents are all silver foil but know some people with a flat white room

Cheers
I have silver reflecting walls and ceiling in my grow room. Seems to work well.

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

I have silver reflecting walls and ceiling in my grow room. Seems to work well.
nice I never thought much of putting silver on ceiling although I did paint mine white
I have reflective thermal lining on walls but still timber floor not sure what to do
what do you have on the floor?

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

The reflectivity of a wall painted with flat, white paint is nearly as reflective as shiny foil. If the foil doesn't lay flat, it can generate some hot spots if a plant ventures close enough to a wall.

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

The reflectivity of a wall painted with flat, white paint is nearly as reflective as shiny foil. If the foil doesn't lay flat, it can generate some hot spots if a plant ventures close enough to a wall.
Good thinking that does sound true with the hotspots
Whatcha reakon about the floor situation?

H

hawkman

Flat White paint works very well and not that expensive - years ago there was reflective wall paint just for grow room - now talking "foil" there are many -want to give you the best one by I can't PM me

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Howdy All

Cheers
I use the panda plastic to make frames out of. With the frames I can resize my room as needed. I've make 4 panels 2 panels with hinges on to use like a wardrobe shield.. It does get old and brittle after a few grows so new stuff is needed. I just stuck 2 panels on the wall and I'm framing in a led light in a new location..easy move with panels.I'm not done yet I have to square it all up and drop the light some but this is a start.

100 6647
Ponky

Ponky

Timber floors need protection. Drop clothes and kiddie pools. Foam boards. Something. Some wood slats and kiddie pools are cheap and easy. Keep the floor from being destroyed.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
TPO,
TPO roofing is a relatively inexpensive rubber roofing material that's most often used on commercial buildings. TPO stands for Thermoplastic Polyolefin; it's made primarily from recycled rubber, and sold in rolls that are held together by seams that are “glued” together using heat.

Floors, walls, ceiling and roof.
Outdoors it has 15-25 year life depending on its thickness.
Indoors it will last indefinitely.
I have used it for years in my grow rooms.
Never has failed. Has the most reflectivity on the market besides PVC.

PVC,
PVC is a high quality, durable option for commercial roofs. ... Made from polyvinyl chloride (or in layman's terms, plastic), PVC is a great single-ply roofing solution. It's made from a lower percentage of oil and petroleum than thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) or ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM)

PVC is a much more superior product to TPO
But with the shortages we are seeing at this point the cost difference has made tpo just as expensive at pvc.

the pics below are TPO installation,
PVC would be the exact same installation but PVC is a heavier product.
6CA0CB47 2358 4797 9A93 0C6D174E9576
2B3D8A3C 15C2 4344 BCD8 B52BBACC1D5B
BD2F381A D188 47AC 9D87 4259B52CF55D
ED0C2E6C 282F 4228 8F91 9BF09EBDD223
9C444D2B 4735 4F9F AF8B 61886DE5E1EB
58D2CDB3 F378 4B03 8D1B DD1A755CBC02

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

Flat White paint works very well and not that expensive - years ago there was reflective wall paint just for grow room - now talking "foil" there are many -want to give you the best one by I can't PM me
Thanks for reply
Yeah I had started off with just flat white walls and ceilings but added in a silver thermo lining sort of around the perimeter of the grow as thought a bit of reflection may help

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

I use the panda plastic to make frames out of. With the frames I can resize my room as needed. I've make 4 panels 2 panels with hinges on to use like a wardrobe shield.. It does get old and brittle after a few grows so new stuff is needed. I just stuck 2 panels on the wall and I'm framing in a led light in a new location..easy move with panels.I'm not done yet I have to square it all up and drop the light some but this is a start.
Thanks for reply mate
That don't look like too bad of an idea , how does that setup go controlling environment ? I'm guessing that room you have that in is all sealed up? Looks nice and big!

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

Mylar guy myself, I replace every couple years.
Thanks Chem I'll have to check that stuff out
Timber floors need protection. Drop clothes and kiddie pools. Foam boards. Something. Some wood slats and kiddie pools are cheap and easy. Keep the floor from being destroyed.
I've used marine ply which is on a 6" frame sitting over concrete slab. So you mean paint it or cover it with something?
Cheers
TPO,
TPO roofing is a relatively inexpensive rubber roofing material that's most often used on commercial buildings. TPO stands for Thermoplastic Polyolefin; it's made primarily from recycled rubber, and sold in rolls that are held together by seams that are “glued” together using heat.

Floors, walls, ceiling and roof.
Outdoors it has 15-25 year life depending on its thickness.
Indoors it will last indefinitely.
I have used it for years in my grow rooms.
Never has failed. Has the most reflectivity on the market besides PVC.

PVC,
PVC is a high quality, durable option for commercial roofs. ... Made from polyvinyl chloride (or in layman's terms, plastic), PVC is a great single-ply roofing solution. It's made from a lower percentage of oil and petroleum than thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) or ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM)

PVC is a much more superior product to TPO
But with the shortages we are seeing at this point the cost difference has made tpo just as expensive at pvc.

the pics below are TPO installation,
PVC would be the exact same installation but PVC is a heavier product.View attachment 1207218View attachment 1207219View attachment 1207220View attachment 1207221View attachment 1207222View attachment 1207223
Thanks for all that great info mate, the top looks great I will have to check that stuff out and report back. Looks nice on the floor! And wow mate that room is killer huge. Jealous haha

Ponky

Ponky

Thanks Chem I'll have to check that stuff out

I've used marine ply which is on a 6" frame sitting over concrete slab. So you mean paint it or cover it with something?
Cheers

Thanks for all that great info mate, the top looks great I will have to check that stuff out and report back. Looks nice on the floor! And wow mate that room is killer huge. Jealous haha
I thought you had to protect hardwood floors. If you made the floors for growing you can use anything you want.

Top Bottom