White Widow a great looking strain

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
This is the white widow photoperiod I recently picked up, what an exceptional looking vegetative state, I can't wait to see it flower. I really like the leaf morphology on this one, fat looking fans.

White widow a great looking strain
White widow a great looking strain 2
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thanks for the pics guys, looks like the leaves possibly get a bit longer and thinner as it matures (this seems normal) Although, with that last picture, I can see that same wide leaf morphology, looks really cool to me.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That ones a trifoliate.

Yea, I've seen that before also. I think this might be a bit induced, as I've got a bunch that are just flowering and I set this seedling off to the side of them, so they've not been getting the optimum amount of light/attention (light isn't dialed down on them hard) as I usually would, so I think it might be a little sunlight deprived. If I look real closely, the first set of leaves are tri's (which happen often for me) the second node set has 5, although 2 of them are very tiny, and it looks like the third node is trying for 7 leaves.

I've got some of the photoperiods a little on the peripheral, since there not timeline dependent.

Much of the ATF I've come across here is trifolate more than I've seen on average, plus a lot of the genetics that I got from seed king appear this way. I'm wondering if it's a northern phenomenon, caused by "overcast" lighting.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, I've seen that before also. I think this might be a bit induced, as I've got a bunch that are just flowering and I set this seedling off to the side of them, so they've not been getting the optimum amount of light/attention (light isn't dialed down on them hard) as I usually would, so I think it might be a little sunlight deprived. If I look real closely, the first set of leaves are tri's (which happen often for me) the second node set has 5, although 2 of them are very tiny, and it looks like the third node is trying for 7 leaves.

I've got some of the photoperiods a little on the peripheral, since there not timeline dependent.

Much of the ATF I've come across here is trifolate more than I've seen on average, plus a lot of the genetics that I got from seed king appear this way. I'm wondering if it's a northern phenomenon, caused by "overcast" lighting.

No it grows 3 sets of leaves off the main stem instead of just a pair. Its a genetic anomoly. I have seen it once in hundreds of plants. Its not the amount of leaf “fingers” but the amount of new branch nodes.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No it grows 3 sets of leaves off the main stem instead of just a pair. Its a genetic anomoly. I have seen it once in hundreds of plants. Its not the amount of leaf “fingers” but the amount of new branch nodes.
FUCK@! VERY COOL, you think this is a once over? or it might be more like this in the bunch? Hmm, must be a genome recessive.

Exacty, now I see it. It's part of the morphology that I was admiring, but hadn't clicked in my head, thanks for that bit of info. So this is something you'll see on just a few specific strains, isn't GSC like this also?

These must be prolific budders, and wide plants, I wonder if I can transfer this trait to my autoflowers, very interesting...

Nice to learn something new every once in awhile, I wonder if there is a list somewhere of morpology differences of cannabis, or do you know of any other genetic differences that are similar to this?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It is actually called Whorled Phylotaxi (sp?)

Says it is a more common anomoly and more info is in article.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Alright, didn't realize she was so special. I've got lot's of competing priorities right now, vying for the good spots.

I'm so glad you responded on this thread, this is a good discovery, I'll be watching for in the future, for sure. This is the type of plant that would make a wonderful cloner female, but I'm going to use her for seed stock, in all likelyhood. I need to do some reading on this subject.

I moved her into a bigger pot, I have been neglecting her, because she wasn't one of the bigger/faster of the bunch. I've got about 5 or 6 strains I'm trying to juggle right now. I knew that she was a photo, so time is not of the essence at the moment.

IMG 20200825 223405
IMG 20200825 223414
IMG 20200825 223417
IMG 20200825 223426
IMG 20200825 223431
IMG 20200825 223434
IMG 20200825 223439
IMG 20200825 223442
IMG 20200825 223446
IMG 20200825 223449
IMG 20200825 223453
IMG 20200825 223502
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Where talking probably only 1 or maybe a run of three condons to produce something like this. it's probably just a single condon. This reminds me of Sicle Cell actually. The gene defect is a single nucleotide mutation (GAG codon changing to GTG) of the β-globin gene, which results in glutamic acid being substituted by valine at position 6 (E6V substitution)

This could also be a polyploidity.

This is a very simple structrural mutation, I wonder if I can isolate it, it might throw 50%, I donno, so I would need to breed a bunch of offspring.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Excellent read for sure, many things to consider.

I never new variegation (albino buds) were a good thing, I've always thought it was bad, and actually cut/threw it away in the past., LOL

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here she is again. Been kinda crunched for space lately, and I want to keep a couple of these exceptional photoperiods. She will eventually take center stage, right now there just hanging in along the perimeter. Anyhow, she's a great looking plant, would be really cool if I could pass along this trait into seed stocks, I need another, or perhaps breed it into itself, and see what happens...

Feminized trifolate White Widow photo-period? Would people be interested I wonder? Sounds interesting to say the least, and the leaf size on this plant in pretty nice. I think that's the Sour Apple GSC growing out the side there, LOL, I had no other place to put it. Probably needs to grow together from here on out, I've got 2 small auto's I did this too as well.

IMG 20200915 003648

IMG 20200915 003610
IMG 20200915 003619
IMG 20200915 003624
IMG 20200915 003630
IMG 20200915 003638
IMG 20200915 003641
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Excellent read for sure, many things to consider.

I never new variegation (albino buds) were a good thing, I've always thought it was bad, and actually cut/threw it away in the past., LOL

Chemdog D and Sharon Widow are the 2 I know that do it.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Few more photo's of this plant, I really like this one, glad it was pointed out to me.

IMG 20200917 191328
IMG 20200917 191337
IMG 20200917 191342
IMG 20200917 191350
IMG 20200917 191431
LucasMR

LucasMR

Few more photo's of this plant, I really like this one, glad it was pointed out to me.
The white widow leaves are really beautiful. I got the same strain, it takes a little over a week, it's really small. I am a novice in cultivation, it is the first time that I do it, I wanted to ask you if you are applying some type of training to get more out of this beautiful strain, do you think you could help me? Sorry if I had typos, I don't speak English

Melmiller

Melmiller

This is the white widow photoperiod I recently picked up, what an exceptional looking vegetative state, I can't wait to see it flower. I really like the leaf morphology on this one, fat looking fans.
I had 1 very similar to this, it was the only kind I didn't knw what it was lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
White Widow Whorled phyllotaxy
White Widow Whorled phyllotaxy
White Widow Whorled phyllotaxy🤯

IMG 20201003 000847
Top Bottom