White Widow Af Height Question.

• Thread starter Irishmick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Irishmick

Hello all, very new here and to growing. First off let me start by saying hi, I hope everyone is doing well.
Ok on to my question. This is my first grow ever so please keep that in mind.
I’m growing indoors with a 4x4x6.5 tent, 600W hps/mh light, organic soil with worm castings, 3 gallon pots.
I’m growing 4 WWAF, and most everything i’ve read says they grow to around 20-24 inches tall.
My girls look very very healthy and BIG, very big!! My girls are in the 8th week from seed, and I’m seeing preflowers forming all over. My girls are now 42 inches tall.
Thats my question,,, if everything i’ve read says 20-24 inches, should I be worried that my girls are 42 inches??
I can post pics if it’ll help. One last thing also, should I switch my light over to MH now that I’m seeing bud starting???
Sorry so long, and thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it very much. :)

I

Irishmick

Ok cool. I’ll post some pics here within the hour, and then let me know about switching the light over.
Thanks bud.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If they are regular photoperiod plants meaning they aren’t autoflowering then they’ll continue to grow until you switch them to flowering. To flower they need at least 10 hours of uninterrupted darkness.

Many prefer using HPS lights to flower but you can use MH it’s up to you. The important factor is the amount of darkness per day.

The difference in hps and mh is mostly color spectrum. Hps tends to have more red and mh tends to have more blue. Most like to veg them under mh and then switch to hps for flowering.

N

nicefellow

Hello all, very new here and to growing. First off let me start by saying hi, I hope everyone is doing well.
Ok on to my question. This is my first grow ever so please keep that in mind.
I’m growing indoors with a 4x4x6.5 tent, 600W hps/mh light, organic soil with worm castings, 3 gallon pots.
I’m growing 4 WWAF, and most everything i’ve read says they grow to around 20-24 inches tall.
My girls look very very healthy and BIG, very big!! My girls are in the 8th week from seed, and I’m seeing preflowers forming all over. My girls are now 42 inches tall.
Thats my question,,, if everything i’ve read says 20-24 inches, should I be worried that my girls are 42 inches??
I can post pics if it’ll help. One last thing also, should I switch my light over to MH now that I’m seeing bud starting???
Sorry so long, and thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it very much. :)

Yes use hps light, if you had mixed it with your metal halide in veg it would make internode spacing closer and a shorter plant.

I

Irishmick

Hey all. Sorry it’s been awhile since my last post.
These plants are huge. I’m really wondering if I got photos instead of autos.
Just to be safe I’ve switched my lighting to 12/12 to induce flowering just incase they are photo. I measured them the other day and they came in at a height of 45” inches,lol.
I’ll keep y’all posted and get some upto date pics on here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom