White widow auto flower 4x4

• Thread starter NairnM16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NairnM16

NairnM16

I recently received white widow auto flowers as a gift, and I’ve never ran autos before, I know to start them in there final pot (5gal) and to apply the correct training, should I avoid topping?
and how many plants should I run in a 4x4
I’d love some advice from some experienced auto growers before I just jump in

Moochie1966

Moochie1966

Nairn,
I'm at the end of my first autoflower grow, and i have a 4x4 tent.
I have 6 plants in 5 gallon pots, using promix (light weight soil medium). I topped my plants, and they really bushed out nicely. But they all came out really short. Ranging in height from only 10 to 21 inches. I think the reason they were so short is because I transplanted from tiny starter pot, to 2 gallon pot, and then 5 gal bucket. If they're feminized seeds, just put them straight into a big bucket and watch them take off! Autoflowers are on a very limited time to veg, so give them every opportunity to get as big as they can before they start flowering.
I've already decided, on my next grow, I'll go with 4 plants, and try to veg them bigger to fill the tent, and hopefully get approximately the same yield.
Now that they're almost done, and the fan leaves have pretty much died/trimmed off, theres better light penetration to the lower buds.
I dont regret growing the 6, but I'll do 4 next time.
Good luck
Mooch

NairnM16

NairnM16

Nairn,
I'm at the end of my first autoflower grow, and i have a 4x4 tent.
I have 6 plants in 5 gallon pots, using promix (light weight soil medium). I topped my plants, and they really bushed out nicely. But they all came out really short. Ranging in height from only 10 to 21 inches. I think the reason they were so short is because I transplanted from tiny starter pot, to 2 gallon pot, and then 5 gal bucket. If they're feminized seeds, just put them straight into a big bucket and watch them take off! Autoflowers are on a very limited time to veg, so give them every opportunity to get as big as they can before they start flowering.
I've already decided, on my next grow, I'll go with 4 plants, and try to veg them bigger to fill the tent, and hopefully get approximately the same yield.
Now that they're almost done, and the fan leaves have pretty much died/trimmed off, theres better light penetration to the lower buds.
I dont regret growing the 6, but I'll do 4 next time.
Good luck
Mooch
I was stuck between 4 or 9
Was gonna avoid the top to Lower stress just do lst and scrog I was hoping to fill out my tent wall to wall, I’ve ran photos before nd I just took my time either 1 massive plant or 4 small ones but the were like 4 month veg
I’m gonna go back to photos after this but exited to see how autos work

Moochie1966

Moochie1966

Myself, I wont go back to photos, because these autos were 4 months start-to-finish, and on 18hours of light the whole time to grow lotsa big buds!

NairnM16

NairnM16

Myself, I wont go back to photos, because these autos were 4 months start-to-finish, and on 18hours of light the whole time to grow lotsa big buds!
I just like the flexibility of photos can really take your time nd learn the plant nd it’s problems once I find a strain I like run a mother for a bit, nd follow the journey I use coco so I’m in the garden every day keeping on top of ph and training, the fact autos only gave me 4 weeks to learn the plant nd push it to its limits always threw me off, but you never know this auto run might change my mind

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I recently received white widow auto flowers as a gift, and I’ve never ran autos before, I know to start them in there final pot (5gal) and to apply the correct training, should I avoid topping?
I wouldn’t top I would just bend over and do a lot of LST. Here’s a pic of my white widow autoflower and I just did a lot of trainin. Topping is high stress and can stunt growth. I’m a new grower and I’ve ran photoperiod and autos and I’m impressed with the results of just training and not topping. Good luck!
C7CFE432 DCE6 4CEA 8999 02888E6C286F

NairnM16

NairnM16

How much wattage do u recommend for autos
I wouldn’t top I would just bend over and do a lot of LST. Here’s a pic of my white widow autoflower and I just did a lot of trainin. Topping is high stress and can stunt growth. I’m a new grower and I’ve ran photoperiod and autos and I’m impressed with the results of just training and not topping. Good luck!View attachment 1150656
this is what I had in mind is that a 2x2?
Plant looks amazing
What light do you have

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
How much wattage do u recommend for autos

this is what I had in mind is that a 2x2?
Plant looks amazing
What light do you have
Yes it’s a 2x2 tent rocking only 100 watts!! The viparspectra p1000. I’m Forsure gonna pull over 2 oz on that plant maybe 2 1/2… that’s my cheap set up for my girl and I got my money’s worth! Only a little fan blowing air around and that was it I left the tent unzipped most the time bc of heat or humidity and those are the results. Here’s a close up of the nugs. So use atleast 100 watts and a good quality light like spider farmer or Mars just to name a couple.
3227E577 45D2 4E1E 8A14 072A174546C2

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I should rephrase… use atleast 100 watts for the 2x2 space. If I had my way I would go for 200 watts but do what you can afford. If I did run a 200 watt fixture she would’ve produced even more… good luck I’m here if you need any other questions answered ✌️

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Personally I say no to topping, recovery time too long. I’ve done about 14 auto grows used LST at about day 18 to 20.
It’s a lot of Repetitive work to keep them trained, but as the other posters have said u get a lot of Dominant Colas trying to reach for the sun…what fun.

i’d average about nine plants in my 3 x 3 tent & 16 in my 5 x 5, just bought a 4 x 4 but have not used it yet-go figure !
((Looking at my averages I’d say 12 to 14 plants no problem properly train

Very very light nutrients 1/2 normal dose, but I had exceptions just make sure they stay green… as far as lighting I kept my lights no closer than 15 inches 4 x 4 tent running about 45 W of true power per square foot, Not blurpal rated power
IE: LED Mars Hydro 300 W (133W actual)
( had some plants different Phenos bleach out a little bit at the top leaves had to group them and raise light up over 20 inches)!!!
Time spent for one average grow of 9 to 16 plants about 50 to 60 hours over 80 days. Not including Soil Purchased and the set up plus drying and curing time ! Taking a break right now…
(my harvest average is between 72 and 85 days, some tops were taken first and lowers matured another week or so).
My favorite plant training wire was the liter green plant wire at the local garden store (not the heavy 16 gauge stuff).
3 gallon Cloth bags, I just recently switched to 4 gallon square cloth bags I love them They fit right in with the spacing arrangement…
Keep 5/8th inch wide scotch tape on hand that’s your Band-Aid when you snap a branch or a bud what happened to me on every grow
& I never last one :)
Sorry for writing a book, but I always found Other experience growers information useful…to some degree
Have a MO. medical legal friend growing strawberry banana Auto by Fast Buds currently, week eight with no training and they all look like little Christmas trees
~20-28” tall 3 gal pots using plurples

Below is some LST trained autos pic one is Pineapple Express (my favorite smoke), pic 2 Gorilla glue (low yield, but whacky weed),
pic 3
My biggest grow girl scout cookies
By garden of green-potent nice buzz Great to smell.

2C288BB5 9CA7 4506 8768 F38303079A15
C8596DA5 1ED1 4B94 BBB2 C61B075BFDF6
75A4F52C 98B5 4CFF 90F7 BF55CEF8E591
40D07829 5420 43E2 922B C6B94CE59C4D

088DF33C ED62 4F88 8D04 788FF52E8B6B
NairnM16

NairnM16

Personally I say no to topping, recovery time too long. I’ve done about 14 auto grows used LST at about day 18 to 20.
It’s a lot of Repetitive work to keep them trained, but as the other posters have said u get a lot of Dominant Colas trying to reach for the sun…what fun.

i’d average about nine plants in my 3 x 3 tent & 16 in my 5 x 5, just bought a 4 x 4 but have not used it yet-go figure !
((Looking at my averages I’d say 12 to 14 plants no problem properly train

Very very light nutrients 1/2 normal dose, but I had exceptions just make sure they stay green… as far as lighting I kept my lights no closer than 15 inches 4 x 4 tent running about 45 W of true power per square foot, Not blurpal rated power
IE: LED Mars Hydro 300 W (133W actual)
( had some plants different Phenos bleach out a little bit at the top leaves had to group them and raise light up over 20 inches)!!!
Time spent for one average grow of 9 to 16 plants about 50 to 60 hours over 80 days. Not including Soil Purchased and the set up plus drying and curing time ! Taking a break right now…
(my harvest average is between 72 and 85 days, some tops were taken first and lowers matured another week or so).
My favorite plant training wire was the liter green plant wire at the local garden store (not the heavy 16 gauge stuff).
3 gallon Cloth bags, I just recently switched to 4 gallon square cloth bags I love them They fit right in with the spacing arrangement…
Keep 5/8th inch wide scotch tape on hand that’s your Band-Aid when you snap a branch or a bud what happened to me on every grow
& I never last one :)
Sorry for writing a book, but I always found Other experience growers information useful…to some degree
Have a MO. medical legal friend growing strawberry banana Auto by Fast Buds currently, week eight with no training and they all look like little Christmas trees
~20-28” tall 3 gal pots using plurples

Below is some LST trained autos pic one is Pineapple Express (my favorite smoke), pic 2 Gorilla glue (low yield, but whacky weed),
pic 3
My biggest grow girl scout cookies
By garden of green-potent nice buzz Great to smell.

View attachment 1150751View attachment 1150752View attachment 1150756View attachment 1150757
Plants look amazing, thanks for all the help I’m gonna wait till I get paid in a few days and gonna order the lumiteck 600w pro or 2.9 pro

I normally run hps in my 2.4m x 2.4m but gonna dial everything down for this 1.2m x 1.2m auto run,
Thanks for all the info I’m gonna order my coco and pots in few days just testing my room temps and setup at the moment

I have 2 t5s nd a couple blurples for veg
Hopefully that can take me through the start of the auto run then can upgrade my light come flower
I’m probably gonna go with 6 x 5 gall pots
Lst and Scroged

I use advanced nutrients like around 700-800 ppm start of veg raised to 1000-1500 end of veg depending on feedback from the strain

I like to run co2 in flower to maximise/ increase photosensitivity so the plants take in more light nd deal with any heat problems that come from my hps

Im making the switch to a good led to increase quality nd lower heat stress

I’ll keep everyone posted when the seeds go down should be a good run to follow

NairnM16

NairnM16

Prep done for the autos going down everything is clean and hooked up
Coco comes tomorrow with some soil ph/ moisture testers
I’ve went with 6 5gal fabric pots as one of use mentioned
Thanks for all the help keep everyone updated

Top Bottom