White Widow,Blue Widow & LLLLLLemon skunk 400w

• Thread starter devilh212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Devil, with plants of that size, why do you still have the humidity dome on them?

devilh212

devilh212

Devil, with plants of that size, why do you still have the humidity dome on them?

well good question. mainly because of some shit advice from someone many years my senior telling me they still needed 80% humidity. didnt agree with them but its one of those situations where its better not to offend. at least this was now i know it aint happening again.

gonna give them a few more days to soak up all the goodness in the gtround n give em a boost in the nutes in a few days. more pics to come soon. progess rele starting to speed up now.
fixed the heat issues after a bit of fan tweaking, both 6 inch now blowing str8 at the cool tube - one from the back left one from the back right, temps dont go higher than 77 all day now :D.

the burning on that bottom set of leaves on the blue has got a tiny bit worse and noticed a wee fly in the coco this morning. im guessing it may have something to do with this little fucker as it was hanging by the blue alot, 5 minutes later the coco is now completely covered by at least an inch of pebbles allll over so fingers crossed thos little buggers wont be making another appearance for a while. more pics to come soon guys - i promise. thanks for taking some notice :D

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

At that size, they can probably stand a bit higher humidity, but my rule is once there are roots there does not need to be a humidity dome. I don't usually start seeds under a humidity dome as they develop roots before they develop leaves, at which point the roots will take up water and keep the plant healthy. I wonder if some of that crinkle is the plant being deprived of CO2 or even Oxygen at the leaves.

devilh212

devilh212

At that size, they can probably stand a bit higher humidity, but my rule is once there are roots there does not need to be a humidity dome. I don't usually start seeds under a humidity dome as they develop roots before they develop leaves, at which point the roots will take up water and keep the plant healthy. I wonder if some of that crinkle is the plant being deprived of CO2 or even Oxygen at the leaves.
good call man thanks for the heads up. got some minor yellowing at the tips of the first 2 leaves, the new growth is fine. might just be cos they are in coco and on a very very weak nute solution atm, but will whack em with something a bit more appropriate tomorrow morning when they wake up. looking pretty saggy too, well the blue widow is anyway. the others look good, but oddly the blue is noticeably growing quicker, even with the obvious issue. I think the leaves are only drooping because they are pretty big relative size to the plant and im sure its a bit of a ball ache to support them.

devilh212

devilh212

Argh. pirate noise. didnt get a chance to feed the gals this morning, will have to be tomorrow, pretty early most likely too as prior commitments encroach upon most mornings. they are looking fine, and the coco is still pretty moist so its got water if it needs it for now, probably up the solution a bit too. will check in with some pics tomorrow night

devilh212

devilh212

sorry for the delay guys had a rele hectic week. grrrrrr
here are some update pics, blue the lemon then widow. enjoy
IMAG0264
IMAG0265
IMAG0266
IMAG0267

:D im happy anywayz :D

devilh212

devilh212

we looking good, second sets of 5 blades are up and away, pics in soon, small amount of burngin on tips of blue widow. not sure why but will keep an eye out.

devilh212

devilh212

for reasons i cant discuss i am considering turning the lights to 16/8. any advice from anyone?
anyone tried it before with success.

found this - http://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/71067-do-roots-really-grow-dark.html

To simplify things, lets use an analogy. Try to think of a plant as a building… one constantly under construction. The plant needs raw materials, (fertilizers and water), and energy (light) in order to “build itself”. The raw materials are the “bricks and mortar” of the building. The energy is the workers, vehicles and power tools used to assemble the building.

The Plant is capable of storing some raw materials and some energy for use later, but the amount is limited...think of a warehouse and a battery.

* During the day, (Lights ON) the plant is collecting and storing light energy, and is using and storing raw materials. The plant is stockpiling raw material, and is charging it’s batteries… it is ALSO using raw materials and using the energy it is collecting. It’s building itself, literally putting itself together.

During the day however, the plant is not as efficient at building itself, as it is at night (lights OFF.) It can build itself, but not as quickly.

* While the lights are OFF, the plant is using energy and raw materials to build itself…. the plant is more efficiently using the raw materials that it stored during the day. The plant is better at transporting and assembling the raw materials.

The bad news: since there is no light energy, the plant must rely on energy it stored while the lights were ON (its stored energy). (Essentially, the plant is running on batteries, and using raw material from the warehouse.)

There is no light energy to collect. Since the plant needs energy to absorb more raw materials, it is easier for the plant to use raw materials that it stored during the day than it is to absorb raw materials through its roots.

* Although the plant IS capable of “doing it all” with the lights on, (Collect, store and use energy & raw materials) it does a better job of actually doing the work (using the energy and raw material) while the lights are out. During the dark however, it relies solely on its limited supply of stored energy and stored raw material."

that bits the interesting bit ii think. from my deductions, old watson old chum, i reckons ill be a safe bet. any input would be appreciate but i think ive made up my mind.

devilh212

devilh212

... shiiit. just had a check on the gals and we got burnage occurring of the nute variety. shiiit

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

For veg I always run and recommend running the lights 18 on and 6 off. Plants need rest, just like people; think about what you are like after not sleeping. Plants also have a wholly different cycle in the dark than they do in the light, and that cycle and processes are just as important to the plants health as the lights on cycle.

devilh212

devilh212

yh just i cant, untill i can get the thing properly light proofed, i rele cant risk it for reasons i wont mention here. the days are so short now....

devilh212

devilh212

no camera till saturday night, so will post pics sunday when i gets it back. im gone for a day so see u on the other side

devilh212

devilh212

got some stronger grow nutes today since realising the brown pits was a nitrogen def. looking better already. ive heard everywhere that the lemon goes a bit stretchy as flip, so started lst'ing that now to help keep that stretch down.

devilh212

devilh212

right quick update

first ww. looking really really good.
IMAG0465

next the lemon
IMAG0467

IMAG0466

aaand the blue widow.
IMAG0468

IMAG0469

seeding

the lemon has been bent half it ssize and looking good for it. the other two got tied down the early hours of this morning and seem to be doing fine. willl be playing the topping game soon, probably only one of the lemon but definately two or more on the next lot.

IMAG0470
devilh212

devilh212

new updates. first net has been added into the equation. plants will not be woven in on this level, mearly directed where i think the branches will end up going. plus ill be using bendz to help with this also.
first ww
IMAG0471
then our lemon skunk

IMAG0472

the blue widow - just fimmed.

IMAG0474

aaand all together. proably looking at at least another 2 or 3 (possibly 4) weeks of veg to get them where i want them to be. (minimum 4 oz each)

IMAG0475

devilh212

devilh212

well update time, im not going to lie ive given the gals a bit of a battering - when i bend em i like to bend them. all of them have recovered well from topping - the white widow especially so.raised the net up a bit and bent them back further all of them - suffered a bit of damage to a few of the fan leaves on the ww so have untied that - the break in the stem is keeping it down and it is healing up nicely. i like to kind of do a mix of supercropping lst and topping and then let them fill the screen out as they all branch up. all of them are looking to have some good side branches on them, and anything significant got supercropped very gently last night. i think it helps them get a lot hencher during veg early on.
will update with some pictures when i get some good growth going back on in a few days time. peace

devilh212

devilh212

just a quuick update heres some quick pics, changed my mind as to the original plan, sticking with the one net and growing them up to it, probably flipping sometime soon looking forward to it. the lemon has some monster side braches on it, i will get some real pictures of them 360 when i take them out of the closet for a cleaning out inside but the pinching in between the nodes has produced some monster branching. big up for the bendz too, great product very useful, well worth a tenner for 50 or so that it cost me.

IMAG0494
IMAG0495
IMAG0496
IMAG0497
IMAG0500
IMAG0499
IMAG0498

devilh212

devilh212

the blue is very picky with the nute i think. ridiculously dense growth, had to remove some of the larger fan leaves because they were suffocating everything. not sure if ill do it again, hopefully it will be more manageable from clone.

devilh212

devilh212

so.... was pretty baked and didnt really notice the funny fish smell of burning plug, turns out we have overloaded our socket and the thing was on fire. no big deal though, just means to make life easier, the issue will be sorted tomorrow, and the girls will come onto their flowering cycle. i dont want to run the risk of over stressing by fucking the light cycle around too much and them being dark for 24 hours then back to veg cycle. they have been going several weeks now and are just showing signs of maturity and alternating nodes. screw it, everything gets much more interesting during the next few weeks now :D

N

NewBudz

I'm tuned in for the Lemon Skunk! Been looking to pick up some beans, I wasn't even considering GH cause I have heard mixed reviews on their genetics but then I saw a user on here with a GH Lemon Skunk plant that looked suuuuper dank. Curious to see how yours comes out.

Top Bottom