White widow breeders ?

• Thread starter gmcjr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmerjohn

Did we drop in on an ongoing debate?

I replied because I am not knowledgeable on the subject, but do want to learn. I have hopes of expanding beyond the clones & other guys seeds stage of growing & begin my own infant breeding program. gmcjr graciously PMed me to explain. Thanks 4 that jr, much appreciated.

What better place to "go to school" than right here. So please be tolerant of my lack of knowledge & please allow me to absorb some of your information. Thanks in advance.

devious d

devious d

a did a run of fem white widow, i was gifted two seedlings grew mothers then cuttings in my flood and drain system, outstanding,!! at least 6-9oz a plant and proper white dusting of trichs, it did throw some weird budlike strings of false seed pods but no seeds and only were id packled them in tight in small pots 20 on a tray. just bought a white widow and blue widow from dina-fem going to ibiza in couple of weeks cant wait to crack them on my return.
053.jpg

F

fink

get some killing fields fems from sannie

they will be loads better than most reg seeds

PROPER DANK!!

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

LOL.....Alwayz had that feelin you were a hater JJ and now your true colors are showing!..Its all good bro, lets me know I'm doin something right when other breeders start hating on me..
Not hating on you at all. LOL Just telling it like I see it. I wish you all the success in the world. You have been more successful than others in doing the selfing thing. Maybe because you out cross most of your pollen. But it sounds like you still have to cull out a lot of plants due to whatever reason. My point is even if you buy femmed seeds it doesn't mean you're gonna get all true females, like many people expect and why they buy them. So what's the difference if you have to cull out fems seeds or you have to kill off males in regular seeds? Fems seeds may be good for short term genetics. But what's the breeding fallout in future generations?

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

LOL.....Alwayz had that feelin you were a hater JJ and now your true colors are showing!..Its all good bro, lets me know I'm doin something right when other breeders start hating on me....I put that up becuz theres always a slight chance that some nanners could pop up at some point and I wouldnt want someone to miss some and end up seeding there buds...Now with the Fems i made there is a small percentage of plants that can show nanners at some point maybe like 5% or less but it can happen. Just like with standard seeds. Alot better in my opinion than taking a chance on getting 90% males from standard seeds... Go ahead and browse my helpdesk JJ (I'm sure you already do)
and you will see all my happy customers growin out my fems.. Several keepers from each pack from these fems. I have never deleted any threads in my helpdesk so the proof is all there..go ahead take a look and tell me what you think. Dont be mad homie. proof is in the pudding.

...~ogr

Fem seeds are easily 50%-150% more expensive then regular seeds, yet you say the chances of getting a hermie are the same as with the much cheaper regular seeds. 5% hermies is more then enough to ruin your whole room. As a conumer, I would rather pay the average extra 100% (double for non mathematically inclined) to have less chances of hermies. If I pay $400 for 40 regular seeds and $400 for 20 fem seeds, I usually get more get more females from the regular seeds and slightly less hermies. I have gotten up to 35 females from 40 regular beans and never less then 50%. I also get the choice of saving some pollen from the males if I choose. Anybody that says they don't have room for regular seeds, how much more space does 4 styrofoam cups take then 2? Rambling cut short, I wish some breeders would focus more on hermie proof beans then fems that will hermie. You get some beans that are hermie proof, I bet people would pay even more then they do for fems.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Not hating on you at all. LOL Just telling it like I see it. I wish you all the success in the world. You have been more successful than others in doing the selfing thing. Maybe because you out cross most of your pollen. But it sounds like you still have to cull out a lot of plants due to whatever reason. My point is even if you buy femmed seeds it doesn't mean you're gonna get all true females, like many people expect and why they buy them. So what's the difference if you have to cull out fems seeds or you have to kill off males in regular seeds? Fems seeds may be good for short term genetics. But what's the breeding fallout in future generations?

You both have valid arguments that should be discussed civily and not angrily. So far the best argument I have heard for femmed seeds is, "I only have a small cabinet or closet and I only have room for 2 plants and can't start 4". 4 plants will easily show sex in a spot where 2 plants have room to flower. As for me, I would rather have a full-fledged male shouting I'm a male then the sheep in wolf's clothing hiding in the corner with a couple of evil hidden balls waiting to destroy my whole crop.

S

SSHZ

I'm a feminized bean lover......... I think I was temporarily banned from here once for suggesting to Logic that he carry a more extensive line of feminized items. I grow them mearly for the convenience of having to start fewer plants and saving space/supplies. My best experiences have been with Paradise fem's. I've grown many of them and really enjoyed Opium, Ice Cream, Sensi Star and Nubula. They are all high quality and never had a hermie. I've also had great success with some of the Dinafem varieties. I'm currently growing 24 Sannie Hericules and they are doing wonderfully too- 1 month into flowering. For space challenged growers, it's a no brainer. Feminized is a perfectly fine option.......

O

ograskal

Yeah its all good JJ bro. I never had to cull a single plant from all the fem seeds i ran. I have 5 White Masters and 3 White Fires from seed at 8+ weeks flower and not a single nanner on any of them and they all look like keepers so far. pics to come soon. I agree that fems arent for everyone but they have their place...~ogr

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

White widow?

reveg what u have...and try a few diff from the growers here at the farm.

I got a clone from a buddy called blue venom..

Dabney blueberry x White Widow...hhmmm real bushy..mabie I ll post some pics.

LOVE CANNABIS....:rasta:

F

farmerjohn

Yes. this is good information to know. I did not realize the pros & cons of femmed seeds. All I knew was they are available & I am interested, having not had a chance to actually run any, up to this point. Hermies ARE more dangerous than a known male! I have a male in my flower room right now! It's a 10 week old, that is in a pot with a big female (also 10 weeks) that I wanted to flower out, as an experiment to find out how such a young seed female would react. I check him daily for signs of pollen sacks. The idea is to take cuttings from him, but not let him mature & reign havoc on the over 50 femmes in with him. I have only seen 2 pollen sacks on him, in 32 days of 12/12. I topped him to remove them & tried to clone, but it died. Now he is putting up shoots, as if he were in full veg. I am about to take them for cuttings. As soon as one roots, I will cut him out of the pot. I feel I am running a risk here, but desperately want to retain the line in male pollen form.

hubcap

hubcap

farmer gmcjr, not to detract from the conversation going on, but, i've had great luck with white widow from nirvana, believe it or not, and exquisite results with the black widow from shanti/mr nice.

both were:
-worth the money.
-easy grows
-good, stable yielders
-good final product.

a while back, we got a hold of some white widow, from "the white widow web" but, im not certain theyre still in existance. theres was the one to beat back in the day. maybe a few still hold a cut?

-cap

devious d

devious d

I can see the pro,s and cons for and against fem seeds, 10 yrs ago my growing partner insisted upon fem blueberry ,hermied,dutch passion, then tried again serious seeds blueberry hermied months down the drain, i said then never again fem seeds, but was gifted fem church greenhouse seeds tuned out all 100% fem indoors ,outdoors, both have there place in our big growing family

C

CanadianClassic

Femmed seeds suck in my opinion i got my white widow seeds im growing now from Seedsman and i got 7 females out of 10 beans,half way through week 4 at the moment and looking real nice,just buy new beans(non fem) and bud those other ones out under 12/12 and atleast get your money back next time around make a mother too then you wont have to worry about this happening again!

Good luck with the ladies!!!

Top Bottom