White Widow. first grow! Flower is in full swing!

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Translation: He would like more bud pics please
Hahaha okay , lights just came on, time to water and bask in their glory Haha. snapped some pics. this is now day 43 or 44 for these ladies.. i cant seem to see any amber trichomes yet. i sure dont mind waiting though, theyre getting thicker by the day!
20190824 121858
20190824 121905
20190824 121858
20190824 121905
20190824 122010
20190824 122255
20190824 122318
20190824 122337
20190824 122350
20190824 122357
20190824 122414
20190824 122423
20190824 122442
20190824 122450
20190824 122501
20190824 122537
20190824 122601
20190824 122609

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

sorry for any doubles lol! how much longer do you think they have based on these pics? or is that a stupid question as you cannot properly tell without examining the trichs? not seeing any amber yet, but i will get in there and do some more looking today.

heres my 4th white widow i have in veg, she is going to get the whole 4x4 and all the lights to herself when these 3 finish up,, gonna tie her back in all directions and watch it blow up under all the light. probably give it two weeks in veg in the 4x4 before flipping,, i expect it to be absolutely massive.
20190824 123149
20190824 123157

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

sorry for any doubles lol! how much longer do you think they have based on these pics? or is that a stupid question as you cannot properly tell without examining the trichs? not seeing any amber yet, but i will get in there and do some more looking today.

heres my 4th white widow i have in veg, she is going to get the whole 4x4 and all the lights to herself when these 3 finish up,, gonna tie her back in all directions and watch it blow up under all the light. probably give it two weeks in veg in the 4x4 before flipping,, i expect it to be absolutely massive.View attachment 890560View attachment 890561

We cant know how long and the flowers are still growing. No need to check trichs until most of those white pistils have turned orange/brown and died back. And when you do check. Look at the calyx directly not the bud leaves. They tend to go cloudy then amber first before ripe.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

We cant know how long and the flowers are still growing. No need to check trichs until most of those white pistils have turned orange/brown and died back. And when you do check. Look at the calyx directly not the bud leaves. They tend to go cloudy then amber first before ripe.
Okay, probably got atleast another few weeks then ! I'm really excited to see what kind of yield I get Haha, I have no idea what to expect really.. I am hoping for close to a gram per watt.. I know that is probably considered somewhat of a lackluster number, but for my first grow I would be pleased with that. If that is the case I would be pulling about a pound from this 4x4 . Perhaps I'm dreaming though haha.. gonna be nice to have my first point of reference in terms of yield and what are realistic expectations for me to have.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Okay, probably got atleast another few weeks then ! I'm really excited to see what kind of yield I get Haha, I have no idea what to expect really.. I am hoping for close to a gram per watt.. I know that is probably considered somewhat of a lackluster number, but for my first grow I would be pleased with that. If that is the case I would be pulling about a pound from this 4x4 . Perhaps I'm dreaming though haha.. gonna be nice to have my first point of reference in terms of yield and what are realistic expectations for me to have.

i agree with ā€œa few weeksā€. And i bet you get your pound easy. Beautiful grow!

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

i agree with ā€œa few weeksā€. And i bet you get your pound easy. Beautiful grow!
thanks man, i hope so ! i will post some more pics in a few days when they progress a bit more! one final question if i may, what are your thoughts on any sort of late flower trimming ?could it be beneficial ? or should i just leave them be.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

thanks man, i hope so ! i will post some more pics in a few days when they progress a bit more! one final question if i may, what are your thoughts on any sort of late flower trimming ?could it be beneficial ? or should i just leave them be.

I leave most every leaf and branch. But i leave space around my plants so they get plenty of air and light all over.

Removing leaves is only needed if the plants are crowded.

Or if they are half or more dead.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Might want to start bending branches and tying them down now if you can, to get as many potential bud sites as possible reaching up to the light and keep the canopy even on your 4th plant. With 3 weeks left before you flip, it should bush out very nicely.

I have no problem with trimming a leaf if it's blocking a bud site. Just don't go nuts lol. Err on the side of caution.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Might want to start bending branches and tying them down now if you can, to get as many potential bud sites as possible reaching up to the light and keep the canopy even on your 4th plant. With 3 weeks left before you flip, it should bush out very nicely.

I have no problem with trimming a leaf if it's blocking a bud site. Just don't go nuts lol. Err on the side of caution.
Yes sir ! You're right I should, and I actually just pulled the main back last night before I went to bed to let some of the lower branches catch back up .. I can really only tie her from left to right in the tent as it is a measly 2x3 at best that's why I cant wait to get it in the 4x4 with some actual room to work with. this thing is spilling out the door.i cant believe how many bud sites this thing has already produced without any training.. the side branching is unreal.! But I sure do have some work to do making the canopy even before I flip her as you said I've been just letting it go wild. I'm sure i will be able to achieve the shape I desire in the two week period I have to work with in the 4x4 though ! Gonna get it all spread out and tied down, perhaps remove some of the less promising stuff around the bottom as well ! I'm pretty excited about transitioning right into another grow
.going to try and keep it perpetual for the next while and get as much experience as I can. I love this shit Haha

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Lolll, okay so it's funny to post this after realizing my last post mentioned my buds getting a bit heavy for their branches and being at risk of snapping off.. so today that very thing happened while i was at the lake and my brother in law watered my plants for me.. he decided to move the pot and she came unglued and two stems snapped and a bunch were gone totally horizontal lol. I taped them, and strung all of my colas up to the roof lol..lesson learned for the next time around... these things need support Haha...
20190825 161657
20190825 170321

ahemait

ahemait

Great work! Flowers look beautiful.

One tip though. Dont go by breeders flower times. Have lots of patience. They are done when they are done.

Seriously expect at least a week or two past quote.

When the white pistils have died back and the flowers have fully expanded and stopped growing is when to look for as close to 100% cloudy trichomes as possible. When you start seeing a lot of amber/ brown and dented, degrading trichs then its getting too long.

Plenty of disappointed growers that cut early but never hear growers complaining they went too long. Patience equals potency.

Really fantastic first grow. :)
^^^ this guy knows.

Pixie

Pixie

hey all, so my very first grow is finally winding down, i made it to day 37 of flower with minimal issues lol. and my girls are really starting to reward me for my efforts. they are white widow , which I ordered from crop king seeds. however i have recently heard a few unfavorable things about them ripping off other peoples genetics and such,.. for my next grow i have already ordered some shishkaberry from barneys farm on true north seed bank which came with a free white widow fem from canuk seeds, interested to do a side by side with that seed and my one remaining widow bean from crop king... anyways i suppose i will get on with the pictures, im a pretty proud dad lately lol. i cant wait to see how much more weight these girls are gonna put on,, i hear they can really bulk up at the end.. just picked up a carbo supplement ( honey chome) from emerald harvest.. hope it helps out a bit in the last few weeks. please let me know what you all think :) View attachment 889331View attachment 889330View attachment 889329View attachment 889328View attachment 889327View attachment 889326View attachment 889325View attachment 889324
Stunning ! šŸ¤˜

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Sooo I think one of my girls may be ready.. I got as many decent pictures of some of the buds on it as I could ! I'm a bit worried if it is ready though because I just started to flush.. how long does it generally take to flush well enough to cut?? I hope i dont miss my optimal harvest window on this girl .. or does it look like I still got some time.. I'm seeing some amber on the calyx's unless my eyes are deceiving me lol.. and even more on the little bud leaves.
PSX 20190831 231927
PSX 20190831 232425
PSX 20190831 231859
PSX 20190831 231449
PSX 20190831 231151
20190831 223534

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Close but looks like they could go another week or so, maybe more. Lots of different opinions on flushing but personally I like to give water only the last 10-14 days or so before chop. That's using promix.
Your leaves are still very green, I'd be looking for some fade personally.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree. Still a lot of white pistils means new calyx are still growing with new trichomes.

Even though i dont switch to water only at the end unless needed those plants are a but to dark green for me too. I like to taper off the nutrient strength as they expand and ripen.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Thanks for the replies guys.. I appreciate it . And I was really thinking I was going to have more time than I did with this girl.. it's only day 51. I figured I would have ample time for a good flush. The last 20 litres of feed I mixed a few days ago was going to be my last before I started fo gradually ramp down to flushing level PPM's.. but if you think only one more week max , straight water is my best bet , to try and get her to use up some of the stored nutrients in the leaves? What is the minimal time I should flush in this case ? Any tricks to accelerate the process ? Like we have all concluded this girl was over fed.. the runoff ppm was starting around 1600 when I did a good flush with distilled.went down to around 1200 towards end of stream

Top Bottom