White widow has snapped suddenly

• Thread starter Zenpaii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zenpaii

Zenpaii

I had planted a white widow auto 5 days ago and checked the tent before I went out and it was fine came back a couple hours later and it had snapped.

This one was planted the same time as my Taison auto which is doing very well however I noticed the white widow was very slow growing and the leaves kept aiming up like praying hands and now it has snapped.

I think it has no chance coming back which is fine but I just want to know what would have caused it to avoid it again how did it just snap like that it didn't even droop?
White widow has snapped suddenly

The seeds are in a Coco coir perlite mix and had been fed small amount of calcium and seaweed extract in RO and ph was checked at around 6.2

Light is a maxibright 300w and was at 60cm high

Habosabin

Habosabin

OK. When plants pray they are trying to reduce the light hitting their leaves. Wasn't sure if your watts were at max. Did she dry out somehow?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Seedlings can go a couple weeks without supplements. She may have been overwhelmed.

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

Seedlings can go a couple weeks without supplements. She may have been overwhelmed.
Yeah I have a feeling this may be the case of both the light and feeding I will have to be careful next time but so odd because the Taison auto is growing so well and they are roughly the same age but I must also note that the with widow is the only one in a plastic pot not a fabric one like my others maybe it wasn't getting enough air when I watered also

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When you say it "snapped," did the stem get very long and then flop over?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Snapped? It broke? How strong is the fan you have on them to make the stems grow stronger? It might be too strong.
If the plant simply bent over, it's still growing, just give it time. Train it to circle the pot.

NO food for at least the first 2 weeks.

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

When you say it "snapped," did the stem get very long and then flop over?
Yeah it definately snapped
img_20210702_194017-jpg.1141964

Snapped? It broke? How strong is the fan you have on them to make the stems grow stronger? It might be too strong.
If the plant simply bent over, it's still growing, just give it time. Train it to circle the pot.

NO food for at least the first 2 weeks.
it was a few days old I around 5 days I was misting for a few days but then did feed Cal mag and seaweed it probably was due to feeding but I've done the same with the other four and they did fine I definitely messed up on this even potted it late and no fabric pots I have a feeling it didn't have enough oxygen as the water wasn't able to drain properly

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Force was applied to that little gal.

We need to get a forensics team on this, right away.

Now where do you claim you were when this occurred? Any alibis? Did the plant have an ex boyfriend we need to talk to?

Latest posts

Top Bottom