White Widow Max Girls

• Thread starter Hey Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hey Bud

Hey Bud

After two months of veg (from seed), I put my girls under flowering lights. this was 86 days ago. They are three plants in their own 18 gallon DWC reservoirs under two 1000w HPS lamps. I'm doing SCROG. They fill up a 4'x8' screen. Twelve days ago, I drained them and started giving them only RO water with Bontanicare Clearex. I thought I would be harvesting them by now. I know they are close. Most pistils are orange. Occasionally there's a new white pair here and there. The calyxes are swelling more and more. I'm not sure if they are maxed out. A couple weeks ago, I chopped two buds that seemed to have a bit of rot. It hasn't spread. I'm watching very carefully for that. Yesterday, I chopped an entire branch because the bud atop it had a nanner and I understand they don't even need to open to pollinate themselves. (My last grow was 21 years ago in soil under a single 430w HPS in soil, so lots of new techniques but the fundamentals seem the same. However, I don't know what strains I was growing at the time.) I think I had a bit of light/heat stress a while back or some Calcium issues as some of the top fan leaves and bud leaves got brown splotches. Many are now gone and I trimmed some of them so lower buds could get more light.

I think it's been going well, all told. Had a touch of white spot on a couple leaves a month or so ago. I took those off and treated with garlic/vegetable oil mix and saw no recurrence. I'm happy, but am worried that I let them veg too long and it's dragging out the flowering too long as a result. Is this possible? I'll put photos in a comment.

Hey Bud

Hey Bud

It does? Dang... I still have a fair number of clear trichomes. I'd been waiting for all milky. Past ready? *groan*

william76

william76

Yea,sometimes they pop the odd nanner when there quite ripe as well.76

Top Bottom