White widow suprise.

• Thread starter Cartoon Head
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cartoon Head

So I`ve had 3ww on flower for 4weeks and I`ve noticed one of them has 3way branching and is smaller and more compact than the other 2.I`d like to harness these desirable traits so was wondering if I could put her back on 18/6 to make clones and future mother from?I know it`s generally considered possible but varies from strain to strain.Has anyone done this with white widow before?She`s such a smart little plant I`d love a grow room full of clones from her.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
try a few cuttings from the lowest point on the plant - will take longer to root but its possible - if that dont work you can reveg her after harvest

deacon1503

deacon1503

I think cuttings taken during flower will eventually work themselves out with a few single and 3 bladed leaves to start with. If it roots. Good luck.

I have also noticed short and tall white widow phenos.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ and the shorties have always been the best ones IME

C

Cartoon Head

Thanks for the input folks,I`ve never taken clones from flowering plants before coz I thought they would just die.Your words encourage me so I`m gonna take a punt on this one and see how it goes.I`ll post up how it went sometime later on...: ) cheers CH

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

doing it myself right now
actually rooted faster than my non flowering clones

any tips on stimualting new growth? the wait is killing me lol

P

Pond_smoker

try a few cuttings from the lowest point on the plant - will take longer to root but its possible - if that dont work you can reveg her after harvest

Yep, and I've found that Oasis cubes are the bees knees for quick rooting. I have 2 White Widows and 8 Double Berry I flipped back 3 weeks into flower with 18/6 light and Oasis cubes on the go right now. Had them flowering, picked the pheno I liked best and cloned them. Going to save one of each for mothers.

C

Cartoon Head

I took 7 cuttings in all 3xA 2XB 2XC. doner B is the most important coz it`s the compact,tri-form branching one. It`s been 22days and 5 are showing roots.The leaves are going yellow and droopy,there`s 2 plants that still look ok,B1+C1.I was thinking of potting up the 5 showing roots today.The flowers have turned brown and their appears to be no new leaf growth yet,should I wait untill they start to grow some leaf before I pot up? The doner plants are looking ok,got about 2-3week till the chop:harvest:

R

ReDLuBE

I would take some scissors and cut the very top of the bud, this will encourage it to grow lower shoots faster, once you have a few shoots you like, trim the rest of the bud/shoots off.

C

Cartoon Head

@ReDLuBE-- thanks for the advice,I`ll do that.I potted 5 up today and they got decent roots.

C

Cartoon Head

I`ve got another question..when do you think I can put them under 125w cfl? They`re under a 7w aquarium hood now.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
clone.... clone! and then clone again

when i start from seed and they dont sex before 12/12 when im lollypoping them i take two off each one before 12/12 if their male toss'em if their mommys im in there
EVERYBODY GROW EVERWHERE!! :harvest:

Top Bottom