White Widow X Big Bud Leaf Problems In Flowering

• Thread starter Taorootsdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Taorootsdoc

Taorootsdoc

This is my first grow, and having problems with only this one plant. Its a Female Seeds co. White Widow x Big Bud, that is about 5 weeks into flowering and was doing great till a few days ago.

Growing in fox farm soil. Using distilled water, 5ml/gallon botanicare cal mag, and 6ml/gallon botanicare bloom around 6.5pH (i use the general hydroponic drops to check pH. This is happening mostly with the upper growth of the plant, more noticeable on the top leaves. Its around 40% humidity currently, and 78 degrees this morning when the lights came on. I have a CFL with 2 added LED strips. Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance

Photo 3 31jpg
Photo 2 72jpg
Photo 1 68jpg
Last edited:
Natural

Natural

you're seriously like the 7th or 8th person to post nearly identical symptoms with this particular strain in the past couple of years. Unless you're using distilled with sodium added..(don't ask me how I know about that mistake..which in turn could lock out some Mag) ...I'd say this plant most likely needs a bit more Mag than Cal. Maybe add a pinch of epsom salts. Best guess only though..could be she just wants her PH a lil lower so early on too, to get those micros.

hermit186

hermit186

You a little short with cal/mag WW likes a little extra but WW usually turns the fringes of the leafs yellow. Crossed with big bud I am not up on that strain but I started with Northern Lights and white widow. I would bet on a PH lock out.

Last edited:
hermit186

hermit186

If your going to use distilled water add 10 to 12% more cal-mag when you start bloom cycle. Once then go to your normal amount and if your watching the exit water PH you will see it.

Afghi

Afghi

If you are interested in getting a ph meter sometime i stead of using the drop's i recently purchased one for only $35 and it works awesome. It is a hannah brand model hi99104. It won best meter in a test of meters, some were priced much higher but they still chose this cheap one. I have no issues with mine, it work's quickly and seem's to stay very accurate and is easy to calibrate.

hermit186

hermit186

I was re-reading this script and looked out in my greenhouse I have White Widow with the same leaf coloring I agree with Natural. This is strain related I added extra cal- mag everthing in the bed is wonderful Elderado, Madusa, bubblegum is the only other showing signs of yellow discoloration.
Somewhere back in time at this site I read why just the very tips show signs of the beginning of canoeing. Its some trace mineral I use M.O.S.T from Jacks you only add it in the middle toward the end of veg and we are talking about 2 to 5 grams dissolved in the reservoir for 25 gal only once. I mention this because I had problems with this in White Widow and where its the dominate strain. Seamadian was a big help a lot of my problem was heat is very hot here in summer. I mentioned it to the gal from Jacks in an e-mail this was what she recomemded. I still have some spoting but very little. I was told at another site that part of why White Widow will produce strange water leafs. Where did you get the seeds? Mine came from nirvana there seed quality has gone to the dogs and there seed to grow ratio is about half on there older strains.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom