White Widow X Big Bud

• Thread starter Cal9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cal9

Im in week 1 of vegging in soil and just wondering if anyone has any good info or knowledge on this hybrid grow, be it yeilds, veg or flower time or even certain nuits!

10 WW x BB seeds
1 Critical Jack(auto flower)
1 Random extra seed in bag

2 600 watt HPS lights
ducted and cooling fan equipped
temp steady at 71-78
Ocean Forest soil
Also have lots of nuits for flowering and vegging stages

I appreciate any and help/tips!

----Thanks!

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I did some ww x bb afew years back, it was pritty dank. Seeds came from female seeds x like of some stuff like that. Cant realy say much more about it then that, it was super frosty for being outdoor.

P

paulycali

I would say short flowering with nice yields for sure

Not much stretch if you ask me. Veg accordingly

C

Cal9

ok so whats up fellas...im in week 5 of flowering and as soon as the ladies woke up one of the best ones shows this.....
does anyone have any ideas what this discoloration in the leaves could be???...i really dont think its nute burn, im thinkin it might be a lil worse....
any help is very appreciative....
WW x BB

Natural

Natural

Looks like a Magnesium deficiency...add 2-3 Tablespoons of Epsom Salts per 5 gallon feed and lay off the Calcium. Big Bud IME is easy to lock out Mag..BB needs minimal Calcium and more Magnesium. You are probably feeding Tap(hard) water with a CalMag additive when the Tap has plenty already. Too much Cal locks out Mag and gives you a salt build up.
On the other hand OG's and Chems can take a shit ton of Cal. If you wanna keep the BB and dial her..consider RO water and a more Organic Living Soil approach with beneficials...or if that isn't feasible, just lay off the Cal and keep up with the Epsom Salts(Mag). I bet BB would need Mag even with RO Organics BTW.

C

Cal9

ok well thanks for ur input, but we are using RO water and not tap water. But i appreciate the advice bro

Natural

Natural

RO or tap..my advice still stands. Am I correct in thinking she is the WWxBB..cause she looks BB dominate?
Next up you'll start seeing leaves dry up and drop off..doesn't take long, maybe 3 days or so. I would lower nutes for a bit with added ES...she'll bounce back in a week.
good luck

Reactions: Tbc
C

Cal9

ok then kool...will do, good look!!..theres already been some leaves that got dry n fell off....

and shes definetly a cross ww x bb heres a better pic.....
Ww x bb 2

Natural

Natural

They look nice Cal..everyone that smoked my BB loved her..nice earthy taste with berry hints. It was about 4 years ago I was running some in hempy's and switched up to soil. Learned the hard way that this is a strain specific problem..or in your case pheno specific problem related to BB. She can be a picky one...but don't blame your skillz cause the other ones look great.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't think there is enough Ca in tap water, my tap is under 100 ppm total and most of the Ca in it is not usable for the plants. If someone has tap water with a very high EC, then they should use RO or a filter to bring the ppm below 150. I don't think anybody should use tap water as a complete source of Ca, it just doesn't work that good.

Its very hard to tell what deficiency that is because of the HPS light. As plants progress through flower, they need less Ca and more Mg, regardless of strain, so it could be Mg deficiency.

Natural

Natural

I don't think there is enough Ca in tap water, my tap is under 100 ppm total and most of the Ca in it is not usable for the plants. If someone has tap water with a very high EC, then they should use RO or a filter to bring the ppm below 150. I don't think anybody should use tap water as a complete source of Ca, it just doesn't work that good.

Its very hard to tell what deficiency that is because of the HPS light. As plants progress through flower, they need less Ca and more Mg, regardless of strain, so it could be Mg deficiency.

I agree..except certain phenos of BB are Cal sensitive and need more Mg. This problem had me stumped for awhile...but it is a strain trait...definitely.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I agree..except certain phenos of BB are Cal sensitive and need more Mg. This problem had me stumped for awhile...but it is a strain trait...definitely.

I never grew Big Bud, but its true, certain strains are more sensitive then others when it comes to nutes and/or specific nutes.

Natural

Natural

not bad at all Cal..fwiw the BB I ran didn't like the heat near her mature date..they ended up prettier with more frost if I raised the lights up for the last week.

burn4me

burn4me

@Cal9 how'd this one end up? Im about to pop my ww x bb so i was wondering how many germed and how many phenos(spelling) you noticed

Top Bottom