Whiteflies, out door, 35 days into flower.

• Thread starter CardinalPuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CardinalPuff

CardinalPuff

I've never had to deal with whiteflies before. Neighbor planted a bunch of foot tall clones just the other side of our commen fence last week and today I have whiteflies.

Been searching for info but haven't come across any discussion about a solution this deep into flower. Have one plant that looks like it will be ripe in about 20 days or so. Would rather not poison my buds.

Gonna hose them with Green Clean, just because I have some. Will this help, or will I just be waiting it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SpiderK

SpiderK

I had them this year & use neem a few times per week. I use it 4 -5 ..... foliar spray.

When they first showed up, i sprayed neem & then put diaotmaceous earth on them. sprinkled in my hand then rubbed down each fan leaf front and back, then the main stem. then sprinkle it on the surface around the main stem on top of the soil. repeat after a rain ....

then pass it over the fence 2 your bud' ..... problem gone.

CardinalPuff

CardinalPuff

Thanks @SpiderK will give it a try.
What ever I do, he will have to do it to. I'm pretty sure they came from him. New neighbor moves in, plants a bunch of clones and suddenly I've got a new bug in my garden. I've been growing in the same spot for many years and never saw one before today.

SpiderK

SpiderK

I never had them either. But in the midwest, the humidity in my areas been over 65% most of the spring & summer so the bugs are crazy this year.

We make out own soil mix so not sure how they showed up. cook 90 % then added ocean forest ..... but it works. i still notice a few but no more damage ....

CardinalPuff

CardinalPuff

Went to a local hydro store and to a nursery, both places gave the same recommendation as you @SpiderK ...thanks again.

mr roboto

mr roboto

I've never had to deal with whiteflies before. Neighbor planted a bunch of foot tall clones just the other side of our commen fence last week and today I have whiteflies.

Been searching for info but haven't come across any discussion about a solution this deep into flower. Have one plant that looks like it will be ripe in about 20 days or so. Would rather not poison my buds.

Gonna hose them with Green Clean, just because I have some. Will this help, or will I just be waiting it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm battling white flies on my small mandarin orange trees outside and I've hit them with everything (sc Conserve, triple action neem, mighty wash, and a few others and they just reappear a few hours after the plant dries. I gave up and just hose them off or shake the trees.In your situation I would just hose it off with water and not risk making the buds taste funny with any sprays. Most likely a bunch of your surrounding neighbors ornamental bushes are infested with them which are easily identified by all the black soot blanketing the leaves of any highly infested plant.
BTW those bastards are some powdery mofos

Top Bottom