Whitexclouds first journal...

• Thread starter whitexcloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Hello everyone. The first thing I would like to say is this is my first journal, however I have done 1x outdoor and 2x indoor cycle before.

In the past I used 600w then 2x600w of MH/HPS for my grows, in coco coir with autopots for indoors and soil for outdoors.

For this grow I have completely changed my setup. I will not have autopots this time which is unfortunate but they are simply out of stock
so I will have to manually water them. Here are my specifications:
Tent: 1.2x1.2x2.0m or 4x4ft
Lights: 2x Kingbrite QB272 240w Samsung LM301H with CREE XPE2 660nm and LG UV chips using a meanwell driver.
Centrifugal Fans: 2x EP Ezi Air FM2 100mm/4" with 270m3h/159 CFM
Pole Fans: 2x hydroaxis oscillating pole fans (9")

I will be using 70% coco coir and 30% pumice for this grow and just have coco a/b for now.
I do not have enough measurement tools for ph/ec etc right now, I am stuck with a simple temp gauge until I can get a proper hydrometer.
I will be doing 5 plants per 1.2sqm of space, hand watered and nuted, and I will try to do scrogging/netting. I have not done this before but
after seeing how lovely the scrog grows look im interested to try out.

I am looking at buying the following shortly to increase my space:
2x 240w LM301H 4000K
3x 240w LM301H 3000K with Epistar 660nm
1x 1.2x2.2x4m/4x8ft tent
2x 250mm/10" Fan (do i need this much?)

Possibly 1 120w LM301H 4000k for a seperate clone tent
Possibly 1 Clone tent

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

This is the setup right now. I have a few last power boards/cords to sort aswell as getting some babys.

I do intend to be growing 5x Incredible Bulk (dr krippling) 5x Critical (royal queen seeds) and 5x Critical Kush (royal queen seeds)
however the seeds are stuck in transit because of this flu pandemic, so I will get some clones (hopefully a known strain) and start
with the intention that I will replace these with the previously mentioned seeds in the next journal.

my aim is 0.5g/w with these LED's. that would mean 240g this go and 840g with my next tent/light setup that I said I wanted to buy soon.
Is that reasonable and what is anyone elses experiences with LM301B/H chips for gpw?
IMG 20200505 2200301 cleaned
IMG 20200505 2200581 cleaned
IMG 20200505 2200401 cleaned
IMG 20200505 2200171 cleaned

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Tidied up the wiring and automated all the air intake / exhaust depending on temperature.

Put timers on the lights for 18/6 operation.

Cleaned 2
Cleaned 3
Cleaned 4
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Here are my babies.

They are white widow.

Not really a fan of this strain and I've had some serious issues with them, mostly due to laziness.

Right now im trying to diagnose the multiple deficiencies within my crop, what do these look like to you pros?

Cleaned 1
Cleaned 5
Cleaned 6
Cleaned 7
Artist

Artist

Here are my babies.

They are white widow.

Not really a fan of this strain and I've had some serious issues with them, mostly due to laziness.

Right now im trying to diagnose the multiple deficiencies within my crop, what do these look like to you pros?
Neglecting your baby’s 🤦‍♂️ work or being busy I understand but lazy some grow with passion some grow only to smoke looks savable soon other growers will let you know exactly what going with your grow

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

If you are using local water try bottled (big jugs) if you have the option. Water makes a BIG difference. Start by overwatering (flushing) with the new water and use the new water for a while.

Some cal mag if you aren't using it, lighten up a lot on nutes if you are using them (your post includes almost no background other than pics).

Coco with autopots is a sweet set up when they finally become available and your tent set up looks good. You have put effort into this and it shows. In a 4x4 tent you should probably be growing 4 plants. In your original post you were looking at more. That would only work if they were tiny.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

I cleaned all the plants of there damaged leaves and they look alot better!

Plants are using nutrifield coco a+b only currently.

Coco / pumice 70/30 mix approx.
(there was no perlite locally at the time)

I have noticed some roots are coming out of the holes on the bottom sides of the pots. should i tape these over so that the only drainage is below the pot?

These are all white widow. Could I start LSTing now?

G 1
G 2
G 3
G 4
G 5
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I have noticed some roots are coming out of the holes on the bottom sides of the pots. should i tape these over so that the only drainage is below the pot?

These are all white widow. Could I start LSTing now?

I wouldn't worry about roots out the holes. You've got a healthy system going.

LST on. If this is your first try be gentle. Go for opening up the center of the plant to light.

The ladies are looking much better ! You are doing something they like.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

What is the best way to lst them with those pots and what method do i want? I want an even canopy tbh.

My seeds are almost here, couple more days and hopefully I have all original genetics.

They have grown a bit since ive last put up photos. I would update the photos more regularly but I have to transfer from my phone then strip meta-data which makes it a bit of a chore.

I have been trying to feed them 800ml of coca a/b solution every day or two and flushing them once a week. I need to get a R.O water supply but its quite expensive.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

I have been giving them the nuted water and they seem to be consistently improving. my light is very far away, what is the recommended light for veg?

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Here's an update from today.

I've provided the current/min/max temperatures.

I've also provided my nutrient information.

I'm really annoyed with my fans right now and need to add something to the tent to properly mount them,
they were supposed to work but they aren't the right design imo. would have preferred a clip fan I think.

How do they look? they are white widows.

Also received the following since last post:
The Incredible Bulk x5
Critical Kush x5
Critical x4
White Strawberries x1
Giant Skittlez x1
Blue Widow x1.

Will be making a second tent for all these and getting autopots and airstones for that setup.

Three 1
Three 3
Three 4
Three 5
Three 6
Three 7
Three 8
Three 9
Three 10
Three 11
Three 12
Three 13
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Here's an update from today.

Will be making a second tent for all these and getting autopots and airstones for that setup.

The ladies are looking great.

You'll really like the autopots. They make the water so easy to get right. I put an inch of promix on top which doesn't get wet. It really keeps bugs away because the coco is wet if you don't cover it. In the picture below the reservoir is on the left. It gets a pail of water every 3 days or so. The weakest link is the line on the res. It falls off easily. I picked up both sizes of buckets.

DSC01962a
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

The ladies are looking great.

You'll really like the autopots. They make the water so easy to get right. I put an inch of promix on top which doesn't get wet. It really keeps bugs away because the coco is wet if you don't cover it. In the picture below the reservoir is on the left. It gets a pail of water every 3 days or so. The weakest link is the line on the res. It falls off easily. I picked up both sizes of buckets.

I've used autopots in the past and absolutely loved them!

Unfortunately they were out of stock in my local store due to flu etc. for this lot.

My problem for the next lot though is that I'm getting a 4x8 "flower tent" and I have 17 seeds to put in it.

I was thinking 1x 50l res with 8x pots, or perhaps 2 and running 2 strains and then outfit my other tent which currently has the widows in and running 4x in there.

or perhaps I will do 12 / 6. Need to get the sizes right for the tents. wanted to do a LST SCRoG but idk how exactly to work that with autopots..

would 18 / 9 15l pots work in these spaces ( 4x8/4x4 ) respectively?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I was thinking 1x 50l res with 8x pots, or perhaps 2 and running 2 strains and then outfit my other tent which currently has the widows in and running 4x in there.

would 18 / 9 15l pots work in these spaces ( 4x8/4x4 ) respectively?

Running more res's gives more flexibility on multiple set ups on nutes. It depends on whether you expect you'll want in the future.

I had some plants in flower at the same time as I was vegging new ones. 2 res's required, one for veg and another for flower. It all depends on what you'll want in the future, how often you're willing to fill up the res's, how much you want to spend on the set up.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

I just did 21 clones today and scrog netting.

Tops of plants are at approx 550-650mm

Scrog net is at 550mm
Lights are at approx 1400mm

What should my distances be?

Is this how scrog should look?

Enquired about the autopots. its going to cost quite alot for 2x 47l kits + 4 addons ( for 8x4 and 4x4 respectively )

any opinions or recommendations? used clonex + scratched the bottoms of the clones. then sprayed with the rest of the rooting gel mixed in water.

Scrog 1
Scrog 2
Scrog 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @whitexcloud I have moved your thread to the grow diary section as requested. Thank for letting me know

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice recovery @whitexcloud whats you feed/water schedule light bro?

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Nice recovery @whitexcloud whats you feed/water schedule light bro?

I've been hand feeding every day or two, I was using 800ml with the recommended veg cycle before but now ive started upping it to 2ltrs per water.

I just noticed some clawing on some leaves since I've changed over and I'm unsure of the reason. I will be keeping a close eye on the plants and try to keep them
at a uniform height under the scrog net and add another one after.

I'm unsure if Its light burn or perhaps an over water. In addition to that I will be working on figuring out what heigh I desire before I switch cycle.

Light cycle was 18/6 but because I don't have a separate cloning area I have switched to 24 hours to clone at the same time. Hopefully the extra u/mol will
help with my veg too until I can get adequate equipment to separate off the tents.

I will fabricate a wooden stand that I will ziptie to the back of the tent tomorrow to mount my clip fans to so I can have two tiered oscillating fan
zones. I think 250mm ( root / lollipop zone ) and another at approx 1000mm to circulate air. I will refine this tomorrow when I review my plans.
I'm planning to use excess decking timber, screw it together, put some holes in it for the zip ties and a few screws to mount the fans and then
spray paint it all flat white.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you can water 2x maybe even 3 times a day with about 700-800 ppm.

Clones can be at 18/6. Infact clones need very little light. You don't want to drive growth until they have roots. So 18/6 and low intensity is good

Coco should stay saturated.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

The coco typically does retain its water content quite well but I will have a look.

the 24 hour cycle also helps me keep the temps in the correct range so thats part of the reason,
atleast until i get a heater to put in there.

I'm gonna be honest, ive been a slack cunt and neither got a ec nor ph meter and my water is town supply.
this really pisses me off as my last water was from a underground spring. I am looking into a R.O. system
to fix this but they are fucking expensive.

I suppose I should get these when I return to using autopots. god damn why are autopots so expensive, its
almost just as cheap to go rwdc lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom