Who decided "10" was the right number???

• Thread starter dank.frank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dank.frank

I was just curious...how is it that all (ok, before you say anything...not all, but MOST... I know NGS seeds offers in 12, and MNS offers in 15) breeders offer their seeds in packs of 10?

How did 10 become the right or appropriate number of seeds to give? Why is it when new growers/breeders come along they follow this precedent? Hmmm...who started this and why is it "law"?

K

kill-9

I don't think anyone has an answer to this. nearly impossible to find out who started 10 seeds but recommend it to hightimes, treating yourself for an investigative piece.

S

sweetleaf

I was just curious...how is it that all (ok, before you say anything...not all, but MOST... I know NGS seeds offers in 12, and MNS offers in 15) breeders offer their seeds in packs of 10?

How did 10 become the right or appropriate number of seeds to give? Why is it when new growers/breeders come along they follow this precedent? Hmmm...who started this and why is it "law"?

Shit man, they only had ten fingers to count with.

D

dank.frank

no but seriously...I would love to hear more theory or suggestions as to why only 10 seeds...

I wonder if there is any other seed on the planet as costly as cannabis seeds?

K

kill-9

I agree with the costly part, but that's because it's prohibited. Cannacopia Seeds here on THCF, Sanniesshop, MotaRebel seeds, SOME packs from bidzbay, Pure Afghan from DNA genetics, Columbian varieties and Mexican Sativa are the ones -$50. Even if you do buy other packs over 50 dollars here on THCF, you get a free pack to go with it. 2 for 1, can't beat that. Grow these out, smoke it, and with all the money you'ved saved. Buy the genetics you want.

T

Time

Mine come in 12 packs. Not that I'm a "breeder" or anything but you know....:banana:

D

dank.frank

I understand where to buy, and what the prices are, and who has cheaper vs. quality. I just want to know who said let there be 10, and it was so...I guess that would require the research to find who/where the first vendor was.

Seems like if someone REALLY wanted to insure everyone buys their gear, they would offer a 20 pack....and I know of a few that come in 20, and I haven't bought them yet...so maybe it doesn't matter or help...but at the same time, I think if I were ever to vend seeds, I'd offer at least 15...

P

ProGroWannabe

I don't know for sure either but I have two guesses....
1. It started out that vendors gave 12, just because it's an even dozen and then they decided to go to 10 packs and kept the price the same to make more money...or

2. The majority of vendors do 10 because if they give you too many, then you won't need to re-order as soon as the first crop is harvested, cuz you'll already have enough for a second run. The only way that this one would make sense is if one knew whether the majority of growers grew only a few plants at a time......

I agree with kill-9 about submitting it to be researched by one of the magazines. Maybe they can shed some light on it?

Top Bottom