Who Grows In Coco, Anybody?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Did @Thejoeybrown ever give his opinion on coco vs the gnome mix?

I think hes still runnin his first row in the gnome mix....got a cpl wks still but i asked em and he ses hes lovin it. However i didnt ask em specifically whether he thought it was better than plain coco. Id b interested to see how he answers....from where im sittin it looks like hes having his best rip so far...

2toughtony

2toughtony

I personally like the g mix for flowering and dirt for some small bonsi moms in veg . but I also veg in solo cups in straight coco when I gotta get em big fast. The g mix is better for flowering because it doent need to stay moist like coco and the growth rates are up there with coco but I feel like I get a better stack with g mix and a better flavor than straight coco

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I think hes still runnin his first row in the gnome mix....got a cpl wks still but i asked em and he ses hes lovin it. However i didnt ask em specifically whether he thought it was better than plain coco. Id b interested to see how he answers....from where im sittin it looks like hes having his best rip so far...
Ya I actually really like the Gnome mix for some of the same reasons Tony said. It’s actually airier than straight coco so it can treated like coco in the sense you can frequently feed it does not require wet dry cycles BUT it’s not necessary to keep it 100% moist. A little more play room. Also makes for a good environment for bennies to live and thrive imo.
I didn’t do tru side by sides and I also played with my nutrient ratios and pushing them harder so it’s not scientific but definitely as far as overall growth and bud to vegetation ratios goes I’m having better results for sure. I will be sticking with it for a while.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Lots of info on this classic thread still pertinent.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...f-ing-small-pots-big-buds.71145/#post-1417122
Wasn't there a whole section on coco in forums before?

Ya know what i think there was....
No I think it was always a sub-forum in the general indoor section. Just like the autoflower one was before heis made a real section. Nobody sees it.
Maybe we should have a front page section for coco. This forum has probably more coco growers than anything and it would drive traffic

G gnome

G gnome

No I think it was always a sub-forum in the general indoor section. Just like the autoflower one was before heis made a real section. Nobody sees it.
Maybe we should have a front page section for coco. This forum has probably more coco growers than anything and it would drive traffic
Not for long....gonna be more gnome mix growers haha...gonna need a section for that!!!

G gnome

G gnome

Side note on the coco. I've been saving some used coco and freezing some fruit and veggie scraps thinking I'll start a little worm bin for free castings. I read somewhere that the coco makes a great media for them.

Gnome mix would probably be great for that too.

It is!! I have been makin my own Castings for yrs and usin it for tea for my plants.

Store bought castings dont hold a candle to homemade. Not in the same league. U shud go for it!!

Farmer P

Farmer P

It is!! I have been makin my own Castings for yrs and usin it for tea for my plants.

Store bought castings dont hold a candle to homemade. Not in the same league. U shud go for it!!

Nice I think I paid about 10 bucks for 7 lbs at home depot last time, and I was wondering if they do something to them that would make them different than fresh homemade ones. Even just packaging, shipping, and storing them probably kills a lot of the microbes.

G gnome

G gnome

Side note on the coco. I've been saving some used coco and freezing some fruit and veggie scraps thinking I'll start a little worm bin for free castings. I read somewhere that the coco makes a great media for them.

Check out uncle jims worm farm

If i may make a suggestion....instead of freezing ur food scraps just start a compost bin now...mix food scraps 1:1 w shredded news paper. Once u get the worms goin u can feed the composted material to the worms or use it as is

G gnome

G gnome

Nice I think I paid about 10 bucks for 7 lbs at home depot last time, and I was wondering if they do something to them that would make them different than fresh homemade ones. Even just packaging, shipping, and storing them probably kills a lot of the microbes.

Well, commercially produced castings for the most part are made w only one thing...manure. Not exactly diverse. When u make ur own ur adding banana peels(potassium) egg shells (calcium) etc...so the stuff u make has a buncha different goodies. And like u sed....the freshness. My casting smell so sweet and fresh ifs unreal!!!

Farmer P

Farmer P

Check out uncle jims worm farm

If i may make a suggestion....instead of freezing ur food scraps just start a compost bin now...mix food scraps 1:1 w shredded news paper. Once u get the worms goin u can feed the composted material to the worms or use it as is
Thanks I'll check it out.
Gotta get back to work taking down all these racks. Doing some renovating. Happy Friday the 13th.

2toughtony

2toughtony

Hard to say...gallons per light...?
I use #3 pots filled 3/4 of the way. 9 under each light. Water once a day
I'm doing about the same 9 ish per light 3 gals and I water about every other day . my legend needs to be more dry and she does best in g mix because i can reallyblet her dry likr she needs

Top Bottom