Who grows SOUR DIESEL? I Have a question!

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

What about the opposite? Nitrogen toxicity effect aroma?

uh oh! did ya overdo the nitrogen now? As far as I know N toxicity won't affect smell - but it will DEFINITELY affect your taste if it doesn't go away before week 7 or 8. I just realized you said you were going heavy with sugars - that would cause an N deficiency. Plants use lots of nitrogen to metabolize basic sugars into polysaccharides. That's the main reason I don't mind a slight N deficiency (into light green - nothing yellow) - it tells me the plants are metabolizing all their sugars :)

Does your cut smoke like sour? if it tastes good chances are the smell is there too, it's just missing something. Sour is the only strain i've come across that's finicky like that - I've run the same cut and had it come out smelling so incredibly different each time..i'm having heat issues right now and these guys are reeking harder @ day 26 than they do when they're harvested, and the first batch that came down didn't start stinkin til week 6 and then the smell completely changed in the cure.

have you tried using any magnesium-based sweeteners? extra Mg in combination with excessive sugars has always put the smell on for me when it's been lacking.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

uh oh! did ya overdo the nitrogen now? As far as I know N toxicity won't affect smell - but it will DEFINITELY affect your taste if it doesn't go away before week 7 or 8. I just realized you said you were going heavy with sugars - that would cause an N deficiency. Plants use lots of nitrogen to metabolize basic sugars into polysaccharides. That's the main reason I don't mind a slight N deficiency (into light green - nothing yellow) - it tells me the plants are metabolizing all their sugars :)

Does your cut smoke like sour? if it tastes good chances are the smell is there too, it's just missing something. Sour is the only strain i've come across that's finicky like that - I've run the same cut and had it come out smelling so incredibly different each time..i'm having heat issues right now and these guys are reeking harder @ day 26 than they do when they're harvested, and the first batch that came down didn't start stinkin til week 6 and then the smell completely changed in the cure.

have you tried using any magnesium-based sweeteners? extra Mg in combination with excessive sugars has always put the smell on for me when it's been lacking.

Ya stuff smokes great...Could I just hit with extra epsom salt? The room that went 12 weeks was hit heavy with sugar (molasses and banana mana) and had a pretty serious N def. I also had an aphid problem early on... I split the harvest into 3 sections and the last stuff pulled is the smelliest....It sat in 60-75 degree temps for 2-3 weeks..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

.i'm having heat issues right now and these guys are reeking harder @ day 26 than they do when they're harvested, and the first batch that came down didn't start stinkin til week 6 and then the smell completely changed in the cure.

Yep this is one thing I found out last year! Sour likes it hot!!!!! She will stink like no other in that heat, and will really pack on the crystal too. Now everyone has their own nutrient regimen, and I will never knock anything that works for anyone else (cept maybe leds :)) but for me I have a really simple sour recipe in the nute department:

veg: age old grow, super thrive, liquid karma

flower: age old grow 1/4 strength til week 3, Botanicare PBP, super thrive, liquid karma, and Advanced "Mother Earth" Tea.

You will want to stay away from sweet unless you are using the citrus kind. Grape and original berry really mess with the flavor, ime.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

You will want to stay away from sweet unless you are using the citrus kind. Grape and original berry really mess with the flavor, ime.

ya man they're stinky and frosted out as hell, definitely stressing though, my leaves have been light green from the get go instead of that sexy dark green. all good - they're producing like mad so the only thing i'm gonna try and change is get 2x more air circulation under my hoods (new bulbs doesn't help either)

and sorry to stray the thread - I agree grape SUCKS and berry only works for a few strains, I like the original and everything i've used the citrus on came out bomb. Sugar Daddy by technaflora is a better product though IMO, if somethin ain't stankin a full dose of sugar daddy fixes it.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

ya man they're stinky and frosted out as hell, definitely stressing though, my leaves have been light green from the get go instead of that sexy dark green. all good - they're producing like mad so the only thing i'm gonna try and change is get 2x more air circulation under my hoods (new bulbs doesn't help either)

and sorry to stray the thread - I agree grape SUCKS and berry only works for a few strains, I like the original and everything i've used the citrus on came out bomb. Sugar Daddy by technaflora is a better product though IMO, if somethin ain't stankin a full dose of sugar daddy fixes it.

Just pulled down the second run following my NON-smelly harvest and the quality has increased dramatically. I cut out CO2, ran higher temps as mentioned and bumped up my Nitrogen feedings and the odor is coming out of these girls big time now. It's nice to determine the problems with these ladies and not just walk away from the strain. I have a little bit more tweeking to do but this cut of Sour Diesel is fire.
Sour d

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

soooo sexy! I wish I could let mine finish out as far as yours went. Mine come down monday - having some herm issues with her, hopefully it's not a genetic trait and it's just stress from having my cooling system fail multiple times (it got almost 100 six times in two weeks - then I had a power outage)

here they are a few days ago - they're like, day 62 here they'll harvest at day 70.

IMG 0096

IMG 0125

around 80% cloudy...wish I could have taken her longer than 10 weeks!

IMG 0116

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

soooo sexy! I wish I could let mine finish out as far as yours went. Mine come down monday - having some herm issues with her, hopefully it's not a genetic trait and it's just stress from having my cooling system fail multiple times (it got almost 100 six times in two weeks - then I had a power outage)

here they are a few days ago - they're like, day 62 here they'll harvest at day 70.

View attachment 283266

View attachment 283267

around 80% cloudy...wish I could have taken her longer than 10 weeks!

View attachment 283268

That's her! Looks good! With proper veg this bitch really yields. I finished trimming my older batch, it lacks odor but I pulled 15.5 elbows from 6000w! I've NEVER done numbers like that...

This cut of mine pops nanners constantly but I've had them showing as early as day 30 and have not seen a seed yet..

Question....Your buds don't seem to be crowning at all, do you use any growth enhancers? I used Mr. Nodes once on a room and it's the only time I could get the buds to stay together.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

That's her! Looks good! With proper veg this bitch really yields. I finished trimming my older batch, it lacks odor but I pulled 15.5 elbows from 6000w! I've NEVER done numbers like that...

This cut of mine pops nanners constantly but I've had them showing as early as day 30 and have not seen a seed yet..

Question....Your buds don't seem to be crowning at all, do you use any growth enhancers? I used Mr. Nodes once on a room and it's the only time I could get the buds to stay together.

yeah man sour can really stack when you let it go! Mine is all botanicare with sea green, I pumped molasses through the flush and they really started chunking out. I also pulled the lights up as high as I could for the last few weeks - I think that helped alot with the crowning. I get alot of crowning too when I don't turn my c02 off at the end of the cycle, but this time i let the c02 run at 800 ppm and raised the lights and they came out nice and dense! Everything else out of this room has been incredible smoke even without a cure, definitely some stuff going into the cannabis cup this year ;)

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

yeah man sour can really stack when you let it go! Mine is all botanicare with sea green, I pumped molasses through the flush and they really started chunking out. I also pulled the lights up as high as I could for the last few weeks - I think that helped alot with the crowning. I get alot of crowning too when I don't turn my c02 off at the end of the cycle, but this time i let the c02 run at 800 ppm and raised the lights and they came out nice and dense! Everything else out of this room has been incredible smoke even without a cure, definitely some stuff going into the cannabis cup this year ;)

Hey WS, are you still running that cut of SD?

I scrapped the one mentioned above and am getting another that's got some great feedback already.

Any new info you found while working with your girl? Still feeding PBP?

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

hey i know this thread is from almost 4 years ago, do you guys cut the co2 all the way from week 1? or do you use it until a certain week during flower?

Latest posts

Top Bottom