Who has a HLG 600 Scorpion Rspec

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

I hung one today. I’m impressed by the output and have a couple questions. HLG recommends a much closer height for vegetative than I have it set at. I’m probably about 30”. My PAR is 550, DLI is 35, and Lux averages 30 - 35 K depending what plant site I measure. I have the power at less than 50%.

For those experienced with this light should I move the light closer for better light penetration and turn the power down more. I started LST yesterday and with the light switch today from a 1000W MH I don’t want to do much more on these autos and over stress them. Any thoughts? Just leave them as I have it set and let it rip or?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I hung one today. I’m impressed by the output and have a couple questions. HLG recommends a much closer height for vegetative than I have it set at. I’m probably about 30”. My PAR is 550, DLI is 35, and Lux averages 30 - 35 K depending what plant site I measure. I have the power at less than 50%.

For those experienced with this light should I move the light closer for better light penetration and turn the power down more. I started LST yesterday and with the light switch today from a 1000W MH I don’t want to do much more on these autos and over stress them. Any thoughts? Just leave them as I have it set and let it rip or?
Penetration is spectrum related mostly. Adjust height for spread and power for intensity... I also own one of these.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Go buy the plant... thats on the higher side but numbers mean nothing. A healthy plant can handle way more light so it all depends on genetics and health of the plant. Do you have pictures?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Plants up front are 4 weeks. The two in back are 6 days behind them.

A0FB1220 11AE 44B5 A25A B0136CCB7DE2
growsince79

growsince79

Go buy the plant... thats on the higher side but numbers mean nothing. A healthy plant can handle way more light so it all depends on genetics and health of the plant. Do you have pictures?
Agree. Also depends on the water and nutes availability. Hydro can work well will smaller roots. Organic soil grows need bigger roots/ container size to be able to handle more light.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Agree. Also depends on the water and nutes availability. Hydro can work well will smaller roots. Organic soil grows need bigger roots/ container size to be able to handle more light.

They are in SOHUM living soil in 5 gal pots.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

5 Gallons is plenty. Any recent pics of the girls?

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Wow! I've never seen an auto-flower grow with LST and crazy good growth like that. Great work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom