Who has elicent AND canfan

• Thread starter SkyHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SkyHi

is the elicent THAT much qieter. From what i hear elicent is really quite. Is it a extreme difference?

Im torn between 6" HO canfan and 6" elicent both about the same price the only thing is i like the canfan better becuaser of the color lmao!!!!!!

M

Mr Green

if you want to get some info on how elicent work and how silent they are,,, hit greenthumbdanny up on that cause he has 2 of them and i am pretty sure loves them...

O

Oaksterman

Yeah Elicents are pretty quiet compared to other fans for the same size...usually because they move less air. After using Vortex, Can and Elicent I usually now go exclusively with Elicent.

B

B.C. BIG BRY

I own an 4 Elicent and have been more than happy withem low maintnence and stealth..

S

shwagsplashin

if you want quiet just oversize your fan and run it slower using a speed controller. a 6" inline fan running full blast is really annoying and a lot louder than say an 8"/10"/12" on a speed controller.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
is the elicent THAT much qieter. From what i hear elicent is really quite. Is it a extreme difference?

Im torn between 6" HO canfan and 6" elicent both about the same price the only thing is i like the canfan better becuaser of the color lmao!!!!!!

If noise is not a concern go with any brand of inline:) For complete stealth and silence elicent is where its at. Slap on some insulated ducting and its whisper quiet:)
I have a speed controller on my intake turned down a smidgen so my blowing isn't more than my sucking:giggle

Yep very good choice skihi
:passingjoint:

GTD

D

dogsnob

man dont no how you fellas reckon elicents are quiet my 8 inch sounds like a jet engine the aussie westaflex is much quieter forsure

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
:giggle Na no jet engine on the elicent brother.. I ran 2 12 inch elicents in my 4k room. With rigid insulated ducting I cant stress to you enough how quiet it is. Are you using insulated ducting?? You must of got a bung hole one.. Good thing they take care of there customers. Also any reputable grow shop will take care of there customers. I know mine does:) Take that shit back for a new one if you are having noise issues.

:passingjoint:

GTD

O

Old Yeller

I use 3 S&P's & they make my 2 Vortex's sound like wind tunnel turbines. I love the built in 2 speed feature along with the ability to pop out the motor housing for cleaning without disconnecting all the ducting.
But all this is water under the bridge if you already bought the Elicient. Live & learn...

P

Pistil Pete

I've been wondering about those S&P's. Thanks alot for the info, Old Yeller.

L

Liberty_Seed

when you say S&P do you mean these

or something else in this link ? I'm looking to purchase fans for my 56x56 x6 1/2 tall tent w/ 1000 hps it has a couple of 6 inch holes and 4 & 5 inch holes. I just want the best bang for the buck and props were given to the S&P for quiteness.

Would a 6 inch S&P from the First link be a good choice to hook up to a carbon filter for that size tent?

And one 4" fan for fresh air located at the bottom sucking room air into the tent?

Elicent or S&P ? :whew I plan on unless advised differntly: having the 6"INCH fan sitting ontop to the scrubber outside of the tent sucking vented hot air from the reflector. Will most 6" scrubbers fit these fans or does there need some addtional fittings.

D

dogsnob

my elicent fan anit as quiet as the westaflex fellas got the elicent berand new its got some power forsure

O

Old Yeller

LS - I'm running a 6" S&P from HVACquick with my 4x4x6 Sunhut (1,100 Watts) on high speed (300cfm) with a 4" ActiveAire carbon scrubber - a nice combo that works for me. It's about 8' from the tent with a 36" diy muffler on the end & i'm just using the tents passave intakes.
I run mine like this - carbon filter inside tent - to a/c hood - exit the tent to 6" S&P, then to the muffler. You don't want to push air through a filter - it will clog them up from the inside & render them useless in 1/2 the time.

H

hemdigler

i went with the vortex fan line... cant mess with the 10 year warrenty. 6 year if ran 24 hours... not exactly silent but i put a muffler on it and i have my tent next to my bed and i sleep like a baby to the nice little humm.

Top Bottom