Who has studies on drying?

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We have been drying in the tent while the remainder finishes in the grow. I just heard that you are supposed to dry in dark.
I've never heard that. Does anyone have any studies on this? I just read a study that showed that storing your bud in light proof containers will preserve it longer.
What about drying? Light or Dark? Why? Give evidence please.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Leave a bud lay in the sun and put one in the dark. You will have all the evidence you need in a week. Light UV especially degrades. Mainly it preserves the color but I believe the thc breaks down in the light and slowly oxidizes. Bro science no evidence other than what I’ve seen personally. Lol.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I did find this by Ed Rosenthal;

In here He says the dry room should be lit in green, but that was before we knew that green also affected the plants. So that would seem to indicate that dark is better for drying and curing as well as storage.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

100% just look at a leaf in the sun and one in the shade. Both break down the sun just accelerates the process. Even weed stored properly degrades over time. It’s all about slowing the process you can’t stop it. I’ve never froze anything but I’ve had stuff vacuum sealed in a black tote and it still turned a funny color and lost its smell after a few years.

Ponky

Ponky

I mean we used to put it on racks in a well lit room and turn the heater on and bag it in 24 hours. So maybe the new 2021 science is different.
The verdict I've heard is vacuum sublimation. Using freezing and curing and bagging all in 24 hours. And no drying or curing time. To me. It's voodoo. But apparently it tastes great. If you like sativas and hybrids and pepper and pencil shavings and ridiculous names. Apparently I'm "out of touch" and "a crazy old man". I likes a kush cured in the dark and bag farted a few times. Some nice dank chewy gassy punch you in the dick kush.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have a hanging drying net that is hung in my laundry room. It's the coolest room in the house (basement) especially during the winter. We turn the light on when we go in there but it's dark otherwise. It stays cool in there even on laundry days with the dryer in use.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo I have found and science seems to support the temp is the thing we really want to concentrate on.. second humidity. And for preventing infection airflow and a slow water movement from inside to outside.

You dont want to create a scenario where the moisture from the air is being drawn back into the bud. This is a prime scenario for pathogens.

souf69

souf69

Cold not freezing, Dark as possible,no humidity,go for as long as you can go without smoking it all. Think wine cellar, clean.
I have cured for up to a year. Cement is best on as many sides of the room as possible. Plants hanging upside down trimmed not bucked. Humidity and UV fuck it all up. And to hell with the jar, leave it in a box if you must.
When your ready to smoke pull your stash and let it sit for fifteen or so. It will soak up a little moisture from the air and then roll up.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Someone I know took a tour at a curaleaf growing site lab or whatever they call it, they do the cold, air flow controlled, vault sealed drying no humdity no light 3-5 days then taken out and placed into sealing packages. Seems to be a new popular method or practice.

karolanne

karolanne

We have been drying in the tent while the remainder finishes in the grow. I just heard that you are supposed to dry in dark.
I've never heard that. Does anyone have any studies on this? I just read a study that showed that storing your bud in light proof containers will preserve it longer.
What about drying? Light or Dark? Why? Give evidence please.
Hey. Sorry, I thought you were attacking me in private message... I'm ultra sensitive. Very sorry.

Ponky

Ponky

When I need to dry 7 pounds or less I set up a 2x4 tent. I hang a drying rack in it. And install a 4" blower fan. I let it draw in air conditioned air. And let it slowly dry for about a week. Before bagging and burping. I have one permanently set up for my personal grows. Works well.

growsince79

growsince79

When I need to dry 7 pounds or less I set up a 2x4 tent. I hang a drying rack in it. And install a 4" blower fan. I let it draw in air conditioned air. And let it slowly dry for about a week. Before bagging and burping. I have one permanently set up for my personal grows. Works well.
trying to visualize 7lb drying in a 2 x 4. is it 15' tall?

Top Bottom