WHO has the OFFICIAL GSC? IS IT YOU?

• Thread starter Gamrstwin36
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Cookie esque? Hmm. I'd say the cookie esque terpene profile is a rather vague and oversimplified description of the material. The slight hint of mint like whatever is driven by the Durban. What Durban? I've sourced an old cut from a shop that is in the pocket. Subdued licorice/ anise notes. The only strain that I have that comes close as far as odor is ATF a. It's a junipery catpissy odor that has notes that coincide with the GSC. The ATF is at the earthy end of the spectrum opposite the GSC on the sweet end. It's a chemically sort of sweet with a mint like musky almost sweet catpissy hint. The mint is never clearly defined in the bouquet, merely suggested. Sort of a synergistic interplay of opposing odors.

So the four I would use is GSC, GDP ,Durban and ATF a. Barring use of the GSC I would start with Durban x ATF a for a p1. P2 would be a GDP xATF a. My past work with GDP and ATF a hybrids suggest that a dash of Durban would be all the finishing flourish needed to approximate the GSC terpene profile and structural characteristics. Of course GSC is good but anyone that's gone down the rabbit hole of selection involving these cuts will find much more appealing material, at least from my very subjective perspective.

true grit

true grit

IMHO the closest or possibly legit GSC is the OGKB cut. Smokewise, its definitely the best but not by far if you can nail the animal or forum cut. For the extra hype- forum is just fine and animal is better production wise and smoke is on par.

The reality- cookies carries over in heavy in the crosses i popped. id say get on some cookies crosses and find something better. Ive found some improved aspects and so have others in the crosses. i was very please with white x gsc already and got some others on deck. the white pretty much removed the light sensitivity and added some creaminess.

@gam- try to keep it on topic, your sub questions will just derail a thread thats already redundant. much appreciated.

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
I know right where that cut is, Actually where 50000 watts of that strain is. And all about there new pollen chucking marketing idea, lets just say its real, OTOH wheres this male from? STS? GA? Also know one has been gifted that cut but maybe 5 people, its crazy how small this world is! you'd shit if you knew where the cookie family is rocking. whos involved and what the future plans are. Gonna get really interesting, but yeah IMHO its all smoke n mirrors!!!!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just a thought: If the Jigga/burner cookie crew has not leaked the REAL GSC, and only pounds that they produce are the only REAL cookies getting smoked than lets be real; 99% of the GSC out there would be fake. So, if nobody has IT but these rappers what's the point of this thread?

green punk

green punk

My gut thought is that the REAL cut got leaked a while back and maybe the Forum GSC isn't it but a hybrid with it or an S1 of it, I dunno. But, this: "nobody has it thing" seems like marketing IMO

And its doubtful that they are even getting to smoke the "other" cookies out there. Shit some of them may be better than theirs...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah this gsc is really just a bunch of bullshit . I do love the animal cookies as it's sour flavor is unique and the plat because of the og that's in there but really in all honesty, when I first got legit plat cookies my homie told me that og is better, he was right

M

Mitygrows

I dont no about nobody having the real deal. But a few years ago.a friend worked at fruitridge wellness he sold me to cuts he told me they are the real deal.and he told me to never give them out.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

And its doubtful that they are even getting to smoke the "other" cookies out there. Shit some of them may be better than theirs...
Nah, I'm pretty sure they can get all the cuts out there. They're based in the Bay, nothing is out of reach there.

Side note: I was thinking about the time I was interested in gsc and remembered something interesting. When I was on icmag (under a different tag) one of the first guys to have that cut was spreading it to members behind the scenes and he offered it to me and told me his source. I'll speak on it now, because I forget his name and deleted my account, and don't remember the exact name of the dispensary. What I do remember is the dispensary was _____RX in the Bay???...it's been so long since I had interest in growing it that I really forget the details. I wanna say the dispensary was based out of San Jose, but it has been too long for me to remember. I wasn't interested in the cut; I wanted the seeds (which many people on icmag speculated didn't exist at the time, but I knew other wise because I had just went to the Bay and the guy I bought a unit from and three 3 damn middle men I had to go through to get it said so). Anyway, as far as that dispensary goes I think they mostly did deliveries or at least that's what I found out when I searched google and weedmaps after the dude told me where he got his from...I'm not originally from the Bay, but I'm pretty sure those who are more familiar with the dispensaries there possibly have heard of it or know what I'm talking about. I'm just speculating and offering my experiences. I don't know if that was really where HE sourced the cut from or what, but that's just what I was told in a pm. Dude was really cool though and wanted to put the info out there (quitely) about what ended up developing into the forum cut. Like I said, it has been awhile, but if someone can dig up the very first gsc thread on icmag then I'll be able to identify the dude. I remember his setup lol.

green punk

green punk

Nah, I'm pretty sure they can get all the cuts out there. They're based in the Bay, nothing is out of reach there.

Side note: I was thinking about the time I was interested in gsc and remembered something interesting. When I was on icmag (under a different tag) one of the first guys to have that cut was spreading it to members behind the scenes and he offered it to me and told me his source. I'll speak on it now, because I forget his name and deleted my account, and don't remember the exact name of the dispensary. What I do remember is the dispensary was _____RX in the Bay???...it's been so long since I had interest in growing it that I really forget the details. I wanna say the dispensary was based out of San Jose, but it has been too long for me to remember. I wasn't interested in the cut; I wanted the seeds (which many people on icmag speculated didn't exist at the time, but I knew other wise because I had just went to the Bay and the guy I bought a unit from and three 3 damn middle men I had to go through to get it said so). Anyway, as far as that dispensary goes I think they mostly did deliveries or at least that's what I found out when I searched google and weedmaps after the dude told me where he got his from...I'm not originally from the Bay, but I'm pretty sure those who are more familiar with the dispensaries there possibly have heard of it or know what I'm talking about. I'm just speculating and offering my experiences. I don't know if that was really where HE sourced the cut from or what, but that's just what I was told in a pm. Dude was really cool though and wanted to put the info out there (quitely) about what ended up developing into the forum cut. Like I said, it has been awhile, but if someone can dig up the very first gsc thread on icmag then I'll be able to identify the dude. I remember his setup lol.

Bullshit. I ll tell you what is out of reach, its the phenos I find in the seeds I crack.

There is no weed circle that is more elite than any other one. We are all in this together. If hoarding and exclusion is what one is about then let their egos roll. Every community has a sought after strain. Its just weed nerds on the net that even know what cookies are. In most places that are non-med or rec states, weed is weed. If it's good people buy it. In most places flavor and smell etc don't mean shit bag appeal maybe. Its all about the buzz, not hype. I laugh at this HT story. They didn't blind fold him for starters, they be real serious about their secrecy.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

Bullshit. I ll tell you what is out of reach, its the phenos I find in the seeds I crack.

indeed.

and how the chem bag seed / dead show story has lasted is just crazy. 10 seeds in a bag of " something " & three turn into " global elites " , and he found another later in a few more beans. :peeking: from an unworked line ? really .... lol

takes hundreds / thousands of seeds to find the total package, special phenols are rare for any seed popper .... & on top of that it became the foundation for og's , bubba ect ..... :wideyed: ( try the influx of b.o.e.l genetics / landrace / thai / haze in the 70's, cali - oregon. )

could you imagine the mother of these special seeds, spitting out global elites by the oz ....., if only seeds / genetics / randomness worked that way

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

There is no weed circle that is more elite than any other one. We are all in this together. If hoarding and exclusion is what one is about then let their egos roll. Every community has a sought after strain. Its just weed nerds on the net that even know what cookies are. In most places that are non-med or rec states, weed is weed. If it's good people buy it. In most places flavor and smell etc don't mean shit bag appeal maybe. Its all about the buzz, not hype. I laugh at this HT story. They didn't blind fold him for starters, they be real serious about their secrecy.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're calling bs on??? I do agree that hoarding is lame, but I understand the business side of it...I'm indifferent. I also agree that finding a unique pheno in a pack has the potential to yield a superior end product to any "hyped cut." I disagree that it's just weed nerds on the net who know about cookies and you assertion that most people don't care about the quality of herb they get. I travel a lot and witnessed my hometown (a metropolitan area) transform in the late '90's from maybe 80% mexi-brick, 15% mid-grade, 5% high-grade to 50% mid-grade, 30% high-grade, 20% mexi-brick to 80-90% high grade now. There is no mid-grade market in the two states that border my home state. I have family all throught the east coast and mid west and those that smoke very much so care about the quality of their herb. People understand weed is not weed and they have strain talk...it is infused into pop culture at this point. On the flipside some people are scared to consume high grade, but the those rural and non med non rec states aren't ignorant.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

The Real Deal...
IMG 20140422 172845
IMG 20140422 171413

Latest posts

Top Bottom