Who Is Hiring In The Rec/med Industry-need A New Job

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trixxi

Trixxi

Tell everyone you know in the industry to refuse to sign any noncompete agreements. Something I am learning about the hard way. Hard to get a straight job after working in cannabis and the noncompete forces me out of cannabis altogether.

Skunked

Skunked

Tell everyone you know in the industry to refuse to sign any noncompete agreements. Something I am learning about the hard way. Hard to get a straight job after working in cannabis and the noncompete forces me out of cannabis altogether.
What do you mean, sorry? Were you working for someone else and signed a paper saying you wouldn't work against competition? Was it a cannabis job you held before?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Were you a high (lol) ranking or otherwise unique employee? I would guess you could lawyer your way out of it, many of those non compete contracts are not legally valid. It is kind of like the Jimmy Johns case...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Were you a high (lol) ranking or otherwise unique employee? I would guess you could lawyer your way out of it, many of those non compete contracts are not legally valid. It is kind of like the Jimmy Johns case...
boom goes the dynamite

Trixxi

Trixxi

I was not a high ranking employee but definitely a starry eyed new employee who thought that I could go for years with this company only to realize about 6 months later that the company is not a right fit for me.

Trixxi

Trixxi

What do you mean, sorry? Were you working for someone else and signed a paper saying you wouldn't work against competition? Was it a cannabis job you held before?
Yes right after hiring me they had me sign these noncompete forms about not working for any other cannabis employers or sharing trade secrets. What I can say after working at this company is that they are not the best growers, not the most honest people, and have thoroughly disrespected me to the core. But I don't need to dwell on that online, just want to warn others that you could simply refuse to sign these forms.

Skunked

Skunked

Yes right after hiring me they had me sign these noncompete forms about not working for any other cannabis employers or sharing trade secrets. What I can say after working at this company is that they are not the best growers, not the most honest people, and have thoroughly disrespected me to the core. But I don't need to dwell on that online, just want to warn others that you could simply refuse to sign these forms.
Word I getchu, stand by what you believe for sure and up for yourself as well :) sucks they don't practice the best growing techniques...are you having trouble finding another job because of so? They really see those agreements?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I feel you pain. I as you went legal in hopes of finding a gig that would lead me to Nirvana LOL What I saw as their master grower was, I wasnt allowed to develop my own protocol. I took orders from a Production Mgr. Their ethics were opposed to mine concerning use of PGR's and systemic pesticides late into flower, lack of an IPM and harvesting early by weeks at times with little to no proper dry and cure. The list goes on. I walked after about a month.

However, I refused to sign a NC agreement right up front and they hired me anyway in spite of it cause they were hard up to get someone on board after the previous MG walked. I should have seen this as a warning sign.

robomont

robomont

non compete is bs.a contract signed under duress is invalid.its a con on you.imho.
technically you dont compete against them anyways,you compete against the other employees at your new job.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

non compete is bs.a contract signed under duress is invalid.its a con on you.imho.
technically you dont compete against them anyways,you compete against the other employees at your new job.
Technically you probably haven't signed such an agreement. Can you please explain to me how you can sign a non-compete 'under duress'?

Trixxi, in my experience with MMC's and employers in general, my opinion is that most of these agreements are put in place to prevent negative press, I assume things like improper IPM protocols, METRC compliance, and if you know stuff you shouldn't, like where the bodies are buried. However, there are members here in the ownership side of the industry that might be able to provide more info about why they do non-competes. Second and more importantly, non-competes are notoriously difficult to enforce, as your old employer would have to be able to prove you stole trade secrets or IP or otherwise violated the agreement. Remember they have to spend money and resources to enforce the document you signed, and I assume your new employer probably isn't interested in discussing how you may or may not have violated a non-compete with a prior employer and competitor.

Most non-compete issues in this state are in the medical field, for example preventing a doctor from moving to a different practice taking clients with them. That would be a reason to require a non-compete.

I wouldn't be concerned if I were you, but I have no idea what your risk profile is, and obviously IANAL.

NON-COMPETE, NON-DISCLOSURE,
AND NON-SOLICITATION CLAUSES
IN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS
"In general, a covenant not to compete may exist either as a separate contract or as a
provision in a more comprehensive employment contract. Covenants not to compete typically
seek to prohibit employees from working in related and competing businesses for a certain length
of time after leaving their employer. Non-competition provisions may also seek to prevent past
employees from using or disclosing the employer’s confidential information, or from soliciting
other employees who possess confidential knowledge to work at competing businesses. Courts
have not looked favorably upon covenants not to compete because those provisions may severely
restrict an individual’s choices for alternate employment and ability to earn a living. In fact,
Colorado law renders covenants not to compete void unless those provisions fit into one of the
narrowly construed statutory exceptions."
and
"Therefore, covenants not to compete in contracts controlling employment relationships are unenforceable except for:
(a) Any contract for the purchase and sale of a business or the assets of a business;
(b) Any contract for the protection of trade secrets;
(c) Any contract provision providing for recovery of the expense of educating
and training an employee who has served an employer for a period of less
than two years;
(d) Executive and management personnel and officers and employees who
constitute professional staff to executive and management personnel."

Sources:
(1 The authors acknowledge the assistance of Taylor T. Pollock, /Esq. and Carrie Lynn H. Okizaki, the firm’s law
clerk, in preparing these materials.
2 Colo. Rev. Stat. § 8-2-113(2) (1999)
3 Neil Caesar, J.D., “A Too-Tough Noncompete Clause Could Defeat Its Own Purpose” Managed Care Magazine
(Nov. 1996).
4 Colo. Rev. Stat. § 8-2-113(2).)

robomont

robomont

i agree w guy above ,but what duress,in this economy,we are all under duress.desperate for any job.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

i agree w guy above ,but what duress,in this economy,we are all under duress.desperate for any job.
I don't think that word means what you think it means. We're talking duress, not dress. For the record, I wish I was up under mah girls' dress.

du·ress
d(y)o͝oˈres/
noun
noun: duress
  1. threats, violence, constraints, or other action brought to bear on someone to do something against their will or better judgment.
    "confessions extracted under duress"
    synonyms: coercion, compulsion, force, pressure, intimidation, constraint; More
    threats;
    informalarm-twisting
    "their confessions were extracted under duress"
    • Law
      constraint illegally exercised to force someone to perform an act.
    • archaic
      forcible restraint or imprisonment.
Further:
In evaluating the status of a contract, of course, one cannot simply render it null and void by claiming that it was signed under duress. It has to be proven that the contract was signed under duress. How is this done? As is the case across U.S. law, there are a number of ways to prove that something occurred. One is eyewitness testimony, which would go a long way in showing that you were indeed under duress when signing a contract. Another is to consider a body of evidence, such as examining the relationship of the two parties and the previous contracts they’ve signed. All of this evidence can pile up in order to make a convincing case that the contract should indeed be void.
-https://www.lawguru.com/articles/law/business-law/signing-under-duress-when-does-it-render-a-contract-void

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton will be the next president and we still have a sizeable portion of our population that believes in a massive conspiracy that our government is poisoning us at 30,000 feet.

We. Are. So. Fucked.

robomont

robomont

like was said before,he should not worry about contract,i know i wouldnt.not that contract.too hard to enforce.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't think that word means what you think it means. We're talking duress, not dress. For the record, I wish I was up under mah girls' dress.

du·ress
d(y)o͝oˈres/
noun
noun: duress
  1. threats, violence, constraints, or other action brought to bear on someone to do something against their will or better judgment.
    "confessions extracted under duress"
    synonyms: coercion, compulsion, force, pressure, intimidation, constraint; More
    threats;
    informalarm-twisting
    "their confessions were extracted under duress"
    • Law
      constraint illegally exercised to force someone to perform an act.
    • archaic
      forcible restraint or imprisonment.
Further:
In evaluating the status of a contract, of course, one cannot simply render it null and void by claiming that it was signed under duress. It has to be proven that the contract was signed under duress. How is this done? As is the case across U.S. law, there are a number of ways to prove that something occurred. One is eyewitness testimony, which would go a long way in showing that you were indeed under duress when signing a contract. Another is to consider a body of evidence, such as examining the relationship of the two parties and the previous contracts they’ve signed. All of this evidence can pile up in order to make a convincing case that the contract should indeed be void.
-https://www.lawguru.com/articles/law/business-law/signing-under-duress-when-does-it-render-a-contract-void

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton will be the next president and we still have a sizeable portion of our population that believes in a massive conspiracy that our government is poisoning us at 30,000 feet.

We. Are. So. Fucked.
LOL oh no not the chem trail fiasco. Gotta love the tinfoil hat crowd. :cool: Alex Jones anyone?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

LOL oh no not the chem trail fiasco. Gotta love the tinfoil hat crowd. :cool: Alex Jones anyone?
At least this thread the people who post actually stick around to discuss it, instead of posting ridiculously idiotic links and ignoring the thread otherwise.

I only see one chem trail right now, blue skies. Maybe they'll do some cloud seeding this afternoon. Why can't they use their death ray to warm up our state for our outdoor plants? Didn't HAARP use a similar EMP weapon to start shock and awe in iraq preventing husslepuss and the rest of the city from any type of defense?

This is fun.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
At least this thread the people who post actually stick around to discuss it, instead of posting ridiculously idiotic links and ignoring the thread otherwise.

I only see one chem trail right now, blue skies. Maybe they'll do some cloud seeding this afternoon. Why can't they use their death ray to warm up our state for our outdoor plants? Didn't HAARP use a similar EMP weapon to start shock and awe in iraq preventing husslepuss and the rest of the city from any type of defense?

This is fun.

I would have responded sooner but I was tied up with the Bilderbergs and the Rothchilds, I was getting indoctrinated to the Illuminati coven. :p

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ooo! Let's go pee on some redwoods!
NOW I can finally do this. :p

Tinfoil hats

Top Bottom