who is using CMH in a larger room or....

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toquer

@Billyboat has got a dozen of them. I only have 4 in veg right now. Need to get another 6 but then there's a new one coming and now they've got them with double bulbs, so I'm waiting for a moment before I dump a few grand again.

muir

muir

the reason I ask is I am seeing claims of performance that are difficult to not shout BULLSHIT. I am about to build out more space and would like to know the truth from the real world.

T

toquer

On the last page of my thread I've got the pictures 6 plants. Half grew under the 315w cmh in the sunlight fixture the other half under 1000w mh/hps combo bulb. The ones under the cmh are shorter, have better structure, thicker stems, more branching, and consumed the nutrients faster than the others.
My concern, 315w fixtures require me to have at least double the fixtures to cover the same space I could with a 600w gavita. And they're the same price.

homebrew420

homebrew420

we are replacing the entire garden out to Philip's 315w master elite agros. THey are the shit. warm for sure. Its a different style of growing to some degree. 1000w will give a great deal of penetration through the canopy where these you get a max of 18" or less for solid flower production. We love them, quality and yield can be the same and better. Good luck.
@muir hit me up if your in boulder, I may be able to walk you around to see them in action.

Peace

B

basement bob

Please don't call BULLSHIT, I'm an average grower at best and just pulled 8+ units off 12 x 315W.
Bob

Pics to come, but @homebrew420 might have seen a sample.

muir

muir

we are replacing the entire garden out to Philip's 315w master elite agros. THey are the shit. warm for sure. Its a different style of growing to some degree. 1000w will give a great deal of penetration through the canopy where these you get a max of 18" or less for solid flower production. We love them, quality and yield can be the same and better. Good luck.
@muir hit me up if your in boulder, I may be able to walk you around to see them in action.

Peace

I'd love to check it out. I am about to build out more space. Let me know when it would be cool.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I used to run t5s and 600 mhs, since my switch to 315s I cut my wattage in half and I am covering the same area. 12 covers my 12x20 area perfect.

I too thought bullshit, I bought one, and ordered 11 more two weeks later...
Cheers

sixstring

sixstring

I used to run t5s and 600 mhs, since my switch to 315s I cut my wattage in half and I am covering the same area. 12 covers my 12x20 area perfect.

I too thought bullshit, I bought one, and ordered 11 more two weeks later...
Cheers

are you talking veg room or flower billy ? And what type of hoods and ballasts are you running the cmh with?

sixstring

sixstring

In my veg room. I've got the sun system lecs and the dpaps. All in one fixture/ballasts.

wait now im even more confused lmao.so in veg, I get that.so dpap makes a cmh all in one fixture? Do you have a link?
I ran a 360w cmh in flower and was not impressed but it was in with all my 600 s .it ran off a standard hps ballast.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

315s are the only light I'd consider if I was buying more lights...twice as much money up front pays for itself quick in electricity alone, I've been running in veg for almost a year and I've had two ballasts fail and one bulb fail out of 100. Not flowering under them yet but I know people in town who are and no one is complaining.

Billyboat

Billyboat

wait now im even more confused lmao.so in veg, I get that.so dpap makes a cmh all in one fixture? Do you have a link?
I ran a 360w cmh in flower and was not impressed but it was in with all my 600 s .it ran off a standard hps ballast.

Yea Phillips makes an all in one 315 but I prefer the sunsytem better, the penetration of the light is better then the dpap, the dpap throws a very wide pattern.

Top Bottom