who is using CMH in a larger room or....

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

basement bob

Here is some Bubba Kush from seed to finish, all 315W Philips Agro.

20141109 205917

Bob

homebrew420

homebrew420

yo @basement bob, where did the seeds come from? Also interested in how far you flower from the lights?

B

basement bob

Seeds were from a friend. Last one in the pack with a white printed label. I have no idea what company. I still have it in veg.

About 36" away on these. I've grown tired of over vegging plants in my basement. These were the first 8 rooted clones of the seed plant. They were flowered at 13/11. With no veg, topped once. Nice experiment, but not my style. I still have some Critical Kush (3 phenos) and Grapefruit (2 phenos). I moved back to 12/12 and will let those go longer. I'll post a couple pics of the other 2. They have nice beer can colas.

Bob

2DogWalker

i still want to convert my flower room to all cmh, gonna give some alien orange gums a test under two of the sun system vertical bulb cmhs and see what I can get yield wise per/315 hoping for at least a gramperwatt.

Anyone got some flower rooms with these in them I can come visit. Trying to get my room building knowledge inline for the commercial build out craze that is bearing down on Michigan and the surrounding states.

2dogwalker

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

The catch is you'll need a lot of them due to the small footprint. I've only used them for veg and supplemental so far, but currently testing a tent with 4 of the flowering lamps against the same strain with HPS.

I think 3x3 is maximum for veg and 2x2 for flowering (square reflector, or proportional for the others). Also the vertical style reflectors seem to project more intensely into a small area, and deeper into the canopy. SOG or short scrogs, not for growing trees :penguin:

true grit

true grit

So no more than a 3x3 in veg? I was hoping they might cover more than a 4ft t5 in veg. How far above canopy in veg can they be? Looking for a little more intensity in veg without going to 600/1kw mh

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

They will cover a 4x4 there is just light loss around the edges, I had to rotate plants in the 4x4 area to keep everything even. I've ran them as far as 5x5 before which works if you have crossover light from other fixtures.

Currently in flower they're spaced 3x3 and they pull 1# consistently, sometimes jumping up to 1.25. I've heard rumors of higher numbers with hydro systems and larger layouts...either way 1 gpw is easily attainable with 315s.

muir

muir

I'm interested in trying some in a pallet rack shelf system. Advice? coverage, distance from canopy?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I'm interested in trying some in a pallet rack shelf system. Advice? coverage, distance from canopy?

you could definitely make it work, with shorter plants there's no doubt you could be flowering with less than 5 ft. vertical height. They can be a foot and a half away in a hood, closer in a wing style reflector. Coverage isn't the best at that height but penetration would be maximum - with a white floor you could definitely recover a lot of light.

I've toyed around with this idea for a while...gavitas are recommended for 9-12 foot ceilings, if you could fit three of these in 12 vertical feet on shelves than it makes gavitas look incredibly obsolete.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Hey bro, hope you're doing well, been awhile.

I'm running CMH in a reasonably sized room now 12x12x12... only problem is I'm using them to supplement the sun, so my comparison info means nothing..... so why did I post? To say hello of course :) @muir

Plants sure like it, and yes that's a sulphur burner, but I hope to only need it for between runs - perfect run to date knock on my head (ie wood)

Tripsick

Tripsick

So what is the word on these lights?

How safe are they? and can they be run by themselves in a tiny spot and get better results than a 600 HPS?

315w in the summer time in Colorado would save a little money.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
So what is the word on these lights?

How safe are they? and can they be run by themselves in a tiny spot and get better results than a 600 HPS?

315w in the summer time in Colorado would save a little money.

Yes, i replaced my air cooled 600 hps with the 315 lec ss for flowering. The 600 is collecting dust now. Shortened my flower time a little also.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Looks awesome. i just figured out you listed the Bulbs.

I Just bought a new 600 ballast as the old one lasted way too long.. Well before Next summer looks like i found my next upgrade.

How Close do you get your plants to the light?

S

Snafu

I'm sold as I've been watching some YouTube video and reading the reviews here have been enough to solidify these will be my choice.

I think I'll pick up a taller cab and rock the vertical mount (sun supply I think) just need to decide if I want to group normally or scrog/sog but I have a bit of time before I need to throw the money down.
Thanks for the input in this thread :D

Dabominable

Dabominable

Yea Phillips makes an all in one 315 but I prefer the sunsytem better, the penetration of the light is better then the dpap, the dpap throws a very wide pattern.
Is that overall, or still for veg? I was debating buying a big umbrella hood, fixing the capacitor on an older toggleable xtrasun ballast, and switch to mh for vegging instead of my t8 leds. I have probably about 4ft x 12ft worth of plant to be covered. If i want to cover that all with 1 would i run the dpap on a mover with 2 rails or the umbrella vert on one rail? Never vegged with anything other then cfl/low wat leds so really no clue, but have ballasts and shit from friends giving me stuff over the years. I want to keep my electric bill as low as possible, its around $500 now (yay for hawaii's monopolized electric company), and am running about 350w worth of leds totall in 10 fixtures. So yea let me know, if you do..thanks mang

Top Bottom