Who Is Using Dehumidifier Water??

• Thread starter Rootbound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

I would add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to kill any bacteria growing in the humidifier water and test the ppm and ph the first few times I used it...maybe, or I might just stand at a closet door staring 1000 miles away and then stash the peroxide in the cupboard behind the corn chips while thinking of something else so that I can not for the life of me remember where I put the peroxide until I go to make some nachos, at which time I then put the peroxide on the kitchen table where it stays so I will be able to find it...right next to the deoderant and cordless drill.
Haha thats what i do.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Do you mean the bacteria that causes Legionnaires disease? I dont think it's a plant pathogen - but if you've got that in your cooling system I'd say you probably have a much bigger problem hahaha

That's right. It's not a plant pathogen, but a human one. Personally, I'm more worried about something that will kill me than something that will kill my plants. However, my AC dehuey water has yet to kill me or my plants.

outwest

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I'm not big on hydr-per but use a touch of bleach in res, it seems like a good idea. Gotta kill the legionnairs shit, lol.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I put my dehumidifiers water into my humidifiers. Add water to the air when lights are on then pull it back out when lights go off. It's a vicious cycle but the mini splits pull too much water out during the lights on. The quest 205s I'm running still leave a little oil residue in the water even after using for months and pulling 100s of gallons out of the air. I wouldn't think of using that water they spit out on my plants.

starfish

starfish

Just be careful if your dehumidifier uses copper coils. It can leave trace copper in the water which can build to toxic levels over time. Happened with my Phoenix max 200 a few years ago. Left about 10 ppm copper in the water
How were you able to read the copper levels?

Top Bottom