Who knows what causes this?

• Thread starter GrowHobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Anyone familiar with what causes the bulge at the base of all the limbs. I added silica in on this run maybe that’s the cause. I’m using cutting edge three part and bullitproof Si along with supernova and dark energy from am hydro. It’s not a problem I was just curious what the cause may be. Thanks!!

Who knows what causes this
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

This is a Gelonade from Taste Budz in the pic fyi. Maybe a week into flower.

Anthem

Anthem

This is a Gelonade from Taste Budz in the pic fyi. Maybe a week into flower.
You are a week into flower and you have white Pistils already forming. Let me guess, you start flower time once you see the signs of white pistils. Carry On!

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

You are a week into flower and you have white Pistils already forming. Let me guess, you start flower time once you see the signs of white pistils. Carry On!
You are exactly correct my friend. I personally don’t count transition time. I have found it will generally get u closer to the advertised flower time for various strains. That’s just me though and I’m no botanist

Anthem

Anthem

You are exactly correct my friend. I personally don’t count transition time. I have found it will generally get u closer to the advertised flower time for various strains. That’s just me though and I’m no botanist
Ya but people that do that have no problem with posting up pictures at like 4 weeks and the buds look amazing. It just makes it difficult for everyone when you use new math. The standard is first day of 12/12 is the first day of flower. It is kind of like the yield game guys like to play. Some have these really amazing yields but come to find out it is wet weight, or another one on here had another new way of telling yield. You hand the branches for 5 days and then take the weight. It is just all about who has the biggest d__K contest. So carry on!!!

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Ya but people that do that have no problem with posting up pictures at like 4 weeks and the buds look amazing. It just makes it difficult for everyone when you use new math. The standard is first day of 12/12 is the first day of flower. It is kind of like the yield game guys like to play. Some have these really amazing yields but come to find out it is wet weight, or another one on here had another new way of telling yield. You hand the branches for 5 days and then take the weight. It is just all about who has the biggest d__K contest. So carry on!!!
That’s a good point. Two weeks and two days since I turned my lights to 12/12 and I’m coming from 18/6 not 24. To be clear for everyone. Thanks again!!!

Anthem

Anthem

That’s a good point. Two weeks and two days since I turned my lights to 12/12 and I’m coming from 18/6 not 24. To be clear for everyone. Thanks again!!!
Your knots at the bases of the branches is nothing to worry about. Some plants just grow that way based on genetics and environment.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You day or night temls are to cold. Can you take a pic further back I think she is reveggin but I could be wrong

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I just cut off a bunch of lower stuff and these are much bigger than I usually do. But here she is. Are you suggesting it’s too cold because my stems are purple or because the knots?

DF0E793B 07A8 433A B684 CAAFB9CFA08A
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just cut off a bunch of lower stuff and these are much bigger than I usually do. But here she is. Are you suggesting it’s too cold because my stems are purple or because the knots?
Think i was wrong about both... for some reason the last pic looks like a fair amount of purple in the stalks and petiole but that last pic is only petiole so I would say... ignore my post.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Think i was wrong about both... for some reason the last pic looks like a fair amount of purple in the stalks and petiole but that last pic is only petiole so I would say... ignore my post.
You aren’t totally wrong. It got real cold here before I moved them into bigger pots but I addressed that problem already. I’m growing in a partially finished basement. Had to put insulation under my tents to stop the cool floor from creeping in then I put a 20x20 heating pad on top of insulation hooked to a thermostat set at 70f. Seems to do the trick. Thanks!!!!

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

I added silica in on this run maybe that’s the cause.

I think it is related to adding Si. I added it for the first time this grow and have similar bulges. Much stronger bigger stems than past grows.

Top Bottom