who made this lite?

• Thread starter mikecrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mikecrows

i just scored a hood for free from a "fellow traveller",THANKS AGAIN TIM,the plug has 3 round prongs on it that presumably go to the ballast its hooked up to a socket that says only use 1000 w bulbs, has no logo on it besides a hand with a three leave symbol on top of it, does anyone know who makes this thing? and i want to convert the hood to use a 400w bulb which i will wire but odes anyone know why it says use only 1000w? thanks M

budboy299

budboy299

all the lights from 400 to 1000 watts that I have seen, all take the same base (mogul base). It probably means no larger than 1000 watts.

also the "plug" sounds like a sunlight supply plug. I will try and get a pic of one.

budboy299

budboy299

I take that back...sunlight supplies ballast to light plug looks like this....

SSFemaleReceptacle250
budboy299

budboy299

could be a htg (high tech garden supply) plug. These look like 3 round prongs.
see plug on the right

Htg adaptor
L

LBZ Farmer

COuld be Hamilton... That is what I have on my Aquariums.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Its a hydrofarm ballast. They are the only one in the industry with 3 round prongs. They patented this plug design to try and get consumers to buy their reflectors as well. Every other ballast manufacturer has the standard 2 round 1 slot plug feature which is interchangeable with all brands except hydrofarm/ xtrasun.

Your 2 choices are either to buy a hydrofarm reflector or get an adapter cord like shown above, or i guess you could strip the wires and hardwire it if you wanted.

Top Bottom