who makes the best COMBO METER

• Thread starter Venom818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

Im looking to buy a new combo meter so far people are liking the blue lab,hanna,Milwaukee which one do u guys recommend or are currently using.I want one that i dont need to calibrate everyday and is accurate.
THANK YOU

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

The Bluelab's the best one IMO,probably the most expensive too,about $250,no need to calibrate everytime,just keep it clean

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I use the Hanna Combo... Kinda pricy but a cinch to use. Not too hard to calibrate, either, if you have a way of keeping your cal solution at 77 degrees (25 C). My buddy uses the same one and actually broke the glass bulb used for pH. He got the replacement part quickly and easily installed it. His has worked perfect ever since.

R

REGISTRD

I use the Hanna 98129 handheld for years. Its a bit pricey for a handheld but it does everything and you can replace the PH bulb for like 35$ if it breaks.
Also I havent calibrated it for a good couple months until just last night and it was .04 off.. :happy
Ive had it lockout after a year or so and I took it back to my LHS and Hanna replaced it within a week!
For a Fixed meter you should look at the BLuelab Combo that thing is SICK!!

B

bdawgburner

Bluelab for sure. I went through 3 hanna combos before I bought this bluelab and i like this one MUCH MUCH better. Its a lot easier to throw the probe in the water and not have to crouch down around the rez with the hanna.

M

Mr.

How about the Nutradip? I used to use it and it worked fine. I only used it through one grow though. Anybody else have an opinion on it, cause I am about to buy another one? The bluelab instruction manual says it reads ppm500. Does that mean it only reads 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, or does it give accurate ppm readings like 1250, and what not?

L

lil miss lone

My man has the bluelab one and he loves it, and its so simple even I can use it. It was abit expensive but he says it is way worth it.

I

IGKali

Hate to beat a dead horse... but i'm another bluelab advocate. pH is easy to calibrate, and TDS/EC/PPM probe is factory calibrated, no need to mess with that. The new Guardian's are pretty nice, if you have need for a constant read.

M

Malachi

I have a nutradip continous meter, i use it in my ebb and flow res., but I also have a blue lab combo meter. The thing kicks ass, I used it when I was doing DWC I bought it because it uses batteries and is way more portable

C

crippled1

You can't beat the Milwaukee sm802.
It's so nice to be able to drop the probe in the reservoir, set the meter down and do something else until the reading settles down.
I would hate to have a meter that I had to physically submerge and crouch down by my res until getting an accurate reading.
And it stays calibrated for a long time.

S

Swerve

Blue lab tech I have the gaurdian and a few combo meter handhelds. They r the shit. I had the trimeter and the bluelab is hands down the best. Hanna isn't bad nor is oakton as I have used those as well but the bluelab is the best

J

Jalisco Kid

Get the one your store swears by and will replace to questions asked. I use the hanna handheld and get it replaced within the year. JK
Waiting on one that gives you a warranty but you have to send in is useless. Kinda like digital ballasts.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
i have nutradip and they work fine. i have the ec model(3yrs old) and the ppm model(2 yrs old) and they both work great with minimal calibration but have been thinking about the blue guardian for when i need a replacement.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Bluelab. Seriously. I have used a truncheon for quite some time now. When My ph meter (oakton) took a shit I got the Bluelab Combo meter. Hands down the winner.

Top Bottom