who makes the best COMBO METER

• Thread starter Venom818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushMaster707

i have a hannah combo meter and it works well although i must say the new blue lab meter i picked up is the easiest thing to calibrate by far.

Z

Zeldar

Good ol' Hanna 9813-6, making life easy one watering at a time.

:character0025: <------ :rofl
Ā”OlĆ©!

C

CAPO

Hey venom!
Which one is the 9813-6?
Is it more like the monitor or is it a pen?
I got the Hanna Combo Meter, which I like, but what a pain in the arse it would be for anyone trying to monitor a res.

Venom818

Venom818

hanna 9813-6
Hanna pH/EC/TDS/Temp Meter w/pH Electrode Diagnostic HI 9813-6 is a very advanced meter. pH electrodes are commonly designed to produce and output signal equal to 0 mV when immersed in a solution with pH 7. But a constant output value at pH 7 occurs as a result of certain adverse events, such as: A broken bulb in the pH electrode, A short circuit in the cable or connector, or Magnetic force leakage in the cable or connector (for example, in case of excessive humidity).

In these situations, the instrument displays a false reading at pH 7 and the user may not be aware that corrective measures are necessary; particularly if the user is anticipating a pH neutral reading. To avoid this problem, Hanna developed F.S.T. technology for HI 9813-6. With this special security system, a system failure will force a fixed value close to pH 4, rather than pH 7, and render the problem clearer to the user.

For added confidence in your measurements, the meter is equipped with two LEDs and a "CHECK" button. While pressing this button, upon immersing the electrode in the Cal-Check solution HI 50021P, one of the LEDs will light up to indicate the status of the meter. The green LED ("OK") indicates the probe is working correctly, while the red LED ("C&C" Clean & Cal) indicates the electrode needs attention.

C

CAPO

Ahhh- that sh*t is tight, the new- new.

Can you believe I was using only 7 solution to calibrate my pen. After talking to a few techs I now use 7 and 4.01 solution everytime I use it now.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Ahhh- that sh*t is tight, the new- new.

Can you believe I was using only 7 solution to calibrate my pen. After talking to a few techs I now use 7 and 4.01 solution everytime I use it now.

If you clean it regularly, you should only need to calibrate once a month or so...if you want to save time and money. But definitely the dual calibration is the only way to fly. I use the 7.01 to store the electrode in, and the 4.01 for a quick check on whether I need to calibrate. Not sure how perfect that system is, but I seem to be doing things right according to my patients... :anim_19: LOL Peace

K

KushMaster707

HI 981504 the model a friend and i have both been using with success.

N

noone88

You can store the probe in RO water.

Dual calibration (4.01 and 7.01) is a must.

V

valiant

i use the bluelabs combo meter.easy to use.pay a little more but its worth it in my opinion.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

i use blue labs now ......But Nutridrip is the standard which all where built on !!!:ninja

J

Jalisco Kid

Get the one your store swears by and is willing to replace no questions asked. They all suck or we are the hardest group to please. I go thru 2 pens a year. JK

P

PureSugar

I have to agree with JK. I bought a Blue Labs meter on the advice of my local hydro shop. The salesman said get a Blue Labs they give the quickest reading and never break it's worth the extra money. Sure enough 3 months later my meter won't calibrate. I took it back and after an hour of everyone in the shop trying to calibrate it (which is a simple process) they finally agreed it was broken. Then they tell me it needs to be sent back to the factory to be repaired.

I said I bought this meter because YOU told me it was reliable and worth the extra cost. Now you're telling me I won't have a meter for a month. I said if this is the type of product you're gonna recommend to me and not stand behind it, it's the last thing I purchase from your store. The manager came out from the back of the shop and replaced it with a new one. The shop waited for it to be replaced...NOT ME!

Get the one your store swears by and is willing to replace no questions asked. They all suck or we are the hardest group to please. I go thru 2 pens a year. JK

C

Cordell

Gotta agree whatever they will replace.I been running a hanna gro check two years kept clean and calibrated works fine. Have a nutradip tri-meter for about two months noticed the auto temp adjust maybe off a bit.

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

i use hanna, they got super cheap1s no name meters on ebay tho 10-20 a piece if your tring 2 save money

M

mhol

just picked up the hanna combo pen last night and after reading some reviews id say second best for portable combo right behind blulan. might return but i agree ^ thats what the guys at shop sware by

Top Bottom