Who Makes The Best Ready Made Led Grow Lights?

• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro

DoobieBro

My son-in-law is now looking at LED grow lights. Which is exciting to me because they are something I really believe in. We don't want to build them and frankly I wouldn't trust myself to build them on top of that I have permanent nerve damage in my hand and arm and cannot do everything I used to.

I've directed to him to Chilled and to California Light Works what others would you suggest? Please, no super cheap garbage LED's that claim 800 watts but in actuality are 200 or less.

F

FutureGrower

Fluence but I believe you have to assemble them. Their customer support is supposedly on point and they can actually help with your grow. hlg quantum boarsa.... you can get the new gavita led's but dont support the guys who are owned by the same group Monsanto is in

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That’s what I’ve been saying. They need an experienced grower on board. Otherwise things are going to be much more difficult than they have to be and the results will be disappointing. I understand you need to save money, but cutting corners is not the way to start a commercial grow. You’ve got the hardest part taken care of, the permits and a grow space. Now it’s time to fill that space with the right gear and experience.

F

FutureGrower

I couldn't agree more! However, I'm not the person with the money.

Ah man. I could try to help but these guys here know so much more than I do. Good luck to you brother I hope you figure it out. You will if you keep at it but it might be a uphill battle, but definitely within reach

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Michael de Jong is the sales manager at Oreon LED grow lights based out of the Netherlands. Best product I've come across lately. If you're interested in his contact info send me a Pirvate Message and I'd be happy to get it to you

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I couldn't agree more! However, I'm not the person with the money.

Contact Amare Technologies ASAP. Tell him I sent you. He's a grower who actually knows about spectrums. His hybrid designs are often copied His new Bar lights are UL approved, which is essential for a commercial op, oh and they are well built, and work great. I've been using various models for 4+ years

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

ShenZhen (Panda Grow, CF Grow), Chinese made, but we'll built inexpensive units if bought direct using Alibaba. You can buy on Amazon but at a 50% premium or more. They do the HPS wattage comparison but they're legit.

I love my CF Grow COBs, no problems and good looks. I want to upgrade to their digital CXB3590 x2 with thermostat control (Their x2 and larger of this model daisy-chain. I'm running my x1 off the x2). Quality COBs, super clean, aesthetically pleasing, very modern look.
20181015 082017
CF GROW dimmable 200W cxb 3590 led

I'm also really diggin the BlackSun line. This fixture is 10w more than I'm currently running but more dispersed into individual 30w COBs, 270w total. This model is all passive cooling. Seriously considering it as my next buy.
Screenshot 20181011 100423

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Every manufacturer that wants to be taken seriously should do an Independent lab test using a lighting sphere and publish the results just like HLG does.This is the only way consumers can be sure of what their buying.
Its all just hype without proof.

I get what you're saying but.... companies like Amare Technology may not have taken the time to have this expensive sting done, however, his new lights are UL approved which is costly, not for the cheap chinese crap, which are simply cheap knock off copycats who prey on the unknowledgeable

Freshone

Freshone

I understand the UL thing but that has to do with safety not performance and doesnt even matter unless you are doing a permitted build out.Also it is not expensive at all and most of the companies who are not just importers have their own integrated light sphere they do testing and development with but they still dont post numbers?
There is a reason for that as if it was in their favor you can bet a bag of buds they would.
I personally wont buy anymore lights especially expensive ones without sphere tests,it seperates the wheat from the chaff.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I understand the UL thing but that has to do with safety not performance and doesnt even matter unless you are doing a permitted build out.Also it is not expensive at all and most of the companies who are not just importers have their own integrated light sphere they do testing and development with but they still dont post numbers?
There is a reason for that as if it was in their favor you can bet a bag of buds they would.
I personally wont buy anymore lights especially expensive ones without sphere tests,it seperates the wheat from the chaff.

You don't really need testing if they're using well known components, ie, a Cree or Citizen COB with the same drivers is going to give the same performance no matter what case it's installed in. I don't need to see tests proving these lights work. Unfortunately noobs get suckered in by flashy fixtures with sh*t components or get overcharged for obsolete tech. I don't think there's anyway to stop it. It's just how the world turns.

Threads like this were immensely helpful to me when didn't know my a$$ from my chin.

Top Bottom