Who smokes more than they can grow?

• Thread starter monkeytime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkeytime

If so, how much do you spend a wk/month on average if distributed spending evenly? Do not count costs to grow, just money spent on actual herb.

I've been spending about $300/month

G

Green Supreme

If you grow more than you smoke, you can always make hash with it all. Easier to smoke it all then. Good luck. Peace GS

G

gdbud

How many plants are you growing?
What much is you harvest from from each grow?
If you are have to suplament your grow by $300 a month then you need to look at changing you growing style or increasing your plant count.
I average 4 1/2 oz per plant in my setup.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

if you cant grow enough to keep up with your smoking you must be using like one or two cfl's and if you are in hid's then you need to come here and start reading because you obviously have not done much homework as you are not having much success.

hell a 250w light would give you a qp per rip at .5gpw and if your cycle time was a run harvested every 4 months that would still be at like a gram a day.

M

monkeytime

im using a 250 hps. my yields and potency hurt because of high temps, but i do not want to invest in a/c and humidifier and pay the elec bills for these as in hawaii electricity is very high.

ambient room temps are low 80's, with light mid-high 80's. ventilation is good, extract fan running 220-240 cfm. i'm going to either go led or run a cool tube 250 hps, so i can eliminate the heat coming from my ballast in my tent.

my last harvest i only pulled 2 oz, with 4 plants, 3 gal pots, vegged 4 weeks from seed. very sad. i would like to get up to the 4-5 oz range, putting me at .5g/watt range.

i also run a couple outdoor plants, need to keep it stealth, pull 1.5 oz each usually.

this next run i am trying the sog method.

i smoke about 3 grams/day.

devious d

devious d

A plant nipped and trained for a month of veg,scrog 4oz min, with 250w even without scrog 4 weeks veg should give yer 4-5OZ A plant,shit i dont spend £300 on electric a month,thats running 3 x 600w 1 x 400w 2 x 250 cfls, even on a bad month its .5g a watt, think you should be spending it on power not weed

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

lol what are the chances i would use a 250 as a example and that's what you are using!

well bro i would say get a screen for sure that's a great way to optimize your yield lots of 400w and lower guys use one with great gpw ratios. look for a strain that can handle your temps well without stressing it to hell AND maybe get a bottle of co2 no electricity costs in that and you then will not need to vent AND being in the low to mid 80's is totally acceptable. CO2 is a investment at first especially for someone with a smaller setup but the reoccurring costs are damn near nothing. i run a 10 x 15 room and my costs are about $30 a run (one 50lb tank).

if your room temp is in the 80's i would think getting a co2 setup for about $200 would be worth it compared to the cost of a cool tube even if you diy it, inline fan (at least $70), and the electric for running it especially considering you are in HI and electric is through the roof! long term i think co2 would be a better solution.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

read this thread bro i think it will be of lots of help to ya! you will instantly see the benefits of a scrog reading this thread hell i'm ready to scrog a 30 site ebb and grow that's setup with 3 rows of 10 buckets over a row of 1k's i just got to build the screen!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This White was vegged for 8 weeks under a T5 and flowered under a 250w with a 270w HPS super bulb and yielded 14 ounces. You need to fix your room and scrog like a mad man.

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF THE 250w!!!

Also stick out just a few plants in the summer. They alone can keep you smoking all year.

8week
8week2
8week3
8week4
8week5
winta

winta

thanx for the new avatar and foreshadowing ;) she looks like a dream! "ALL HAIL THE 250" is right!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
good shit Tobor! and I though I had kicked ass back in the day getting 14 zips from a 400

and yes I grow way more then I could smoke - its nce to have extra to barter with and trade for other friends nugs (all medical of course)

M

Mari-Wonka

Tobor, that plant is f'ing beautiful. Really reflects the reward of the constructive time spent during vegetation.
Will you place a bow on it and put it under my Christmas tree??
As for smoking more than I grow....I don't remember the last time I bought smoke.
You can certainly do some amazing things with a 250w.....even better with 3k.

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

$300/month would pay for a lot of electricity, bigger lights and equipment.

vaporedout

vaporedout

during our heat wave, with a 1000w light fans and an a/c, my highest bill was 315, and the a/c is an older one (not energy efficient).

isnt 300 a month a little bit more than 3g a day?? unless you get some back door pricing. when i was buying smoke, my costs were 500 a month roughly, and that wasnt including occasional grams of hash from the club.

so easily saving money, not to mention i only do 2 indoor grows a year
(plus an outdoor).:harvest:

Top Bottom