• Thread starter CheechWizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards
When: December 18, 2010 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Where: to be announced
Don't miss out on Oregon NORML's biggest event of the year, the OMCA.
It's OMCA season for Oregon NORML! It's time for our top medical growers to select their latest strains and best buds to be scientifically rated in five separate categories. With some of the finest medicine in the world grown in Oregon, this year's competition for the coveted first place trophy will be fierce.
Judges this year have the enviable task of rating 28 samples, one per day. They will be required to grade the samples in appearance, aroma, taste, smoothness, potency, and medicinal effect and keep a careful log of the each herb's healing properties.
All entrants must be registered cardholders in the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program, and all judges must be registered as OMMP patients.
On December 18, 2010 we will gather for a day devoted to medicinal cannabis, industrial hemp, and marijuana culture. Educators and activists will come from around the nation to inform and enlighten, Artisans and vendors will showcase their wares, making perfect holiday gifts. We share the evening with the legendary John Trudell as we enjoy the award banquet and the winners are announced!

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I'm down. Last year was cool as hell. When are the entry samples due? And what's the fee for just 1 entry?

G

genisis

Not familiar with the first 2. but Jack and POG are good choices. I have been growing them for a couple of years. Good luck in the contest.

Dynamite

Dynamite

MedicineWoman won 1st place year before last and second place last year ,and I heard a strain named Monster won last year

anyone know anything about either of these strains ?

J

jd123

dang that sounds like a blast, ive had my application in for 3 months but still no word, heard it can take up to 5 months to get your card right now :doh

G

genisis

Just read that they extended the dead line due to lack of interest. New deadline is Jan 15.

G

genisis

Here is the release - typos not mine
:)
Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards (OMCA): ****Due to the Annual NORML Cannabis Cup Awards in PDX on 12/18/2010 we are really not getting the response we had hoped for in the Valley for the FIRST Cannabis Cup. The Cup Board has decided to once again extend the deadline and the date of the ev... more****Due to the Annual NORML Cannabis Cup Awards in PDX on 12/18/2010 we are really not getting the response we had hoped for in the Valley for the FIRST Cannabis Cup. The Cup Board has decided to once again extend the deadline and the date of the event. Many of the Vendors and Judges for the PDX event will be participating in the Event here. So the New and FINAL DEADLINE for Entryants, Judges, and Vendors is now January 15th, 2010 at 5pm and The Awards Banquet has been changed to January 22, 2010. Please contact Brenda Thomas at THCF for info & Packets with entry forms at 541-244-4000 or Rick and Kimberlee Maughs at Marijuana Consultants at 541-951-0117.****

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

We were slow to the draw ourselves and didn't submit anything. Congratulations on the three wins.

G

Greencandyman

Wow. I am new here and have never heard of the awards. When will they be held for this year?

J

jOEL rX

I checked ornorml.org and they haven't posted a date for the 10th annual cannabis awards yet. They hosted it at the Cannabis Cafe last year off Stark/SE 82nd., which is a members only club - not too sure how much it costs.

Top Bottom