Who's opening up shop out here in WA?

• Thread starter fatdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fatdub

Curious if anything is happening, or if it's just too unsafe.

K

KayJay

Spokane is raided again.

The Feds under good old Obama yesterday raided all the dispensaries in Spokane, Washington. That is they did it again yesterday to finish off a few they missed a couple weeks ago. My question is: If Spokane, why not Seattle?

A

amsmts1

Also, no one is receiving only distributing. Almost like everyone is on hold. Also, sounds like MT won't allow authorization transfers after July. They seem to be closing the doors on the whole thing! They have been coming to WA in droves for medicine.

amsmts1 - new farmer

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
July 22nd, the day the "law" goes into effect.

Providers can help new patients after a 15 day period between patients. This alone will kill our dispensaries.

G

GrassRootz

July 22nd, the day the "law" goes into effect.

Providers can help new patients after a 15 day period between patients. This alone will kill our dispensaries.

Why? Who said you're providing, anyway? You're a patient. They're a patient. You're both allowed, under existing law, to "fully participate in the medical use of cannabis." You're within your rights to receive compensation for the time & overhead required to produce that excess medicine.

Don't provide. Fully participate, instead.

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
Why? Who said you're providing, anyway? You're a patient. They're a patient. You're both allowed, under existing law, to "fully participate in the medical use of cannabis." You're within your rights to receive compensation for the time & overhead required to produce that excess medicine.

Don't provide. Fully participate, instead.

Thats fine and dandy if its patient to patient. But if you are renting a building and selling meds to patients from a brick and motar commercial building, I doubt you can claim the above. The state recognizes them as a business, thats kind of why the city of Tacoma has already sent out over 40 cease and desist orders to all the dispensaries and not acted on them yet. Tacoma was just waiting for this bill.
And now that is will take effect on July 22, Im sure Tacoma will act on the cease and desist order they sent out over a year ago.
I suggest reading over the bill very carefully. The law, the way it is worded says nothing about compensation.
Let me use this example : If you met a girl on the streets and she offered you a massage and then you had sex with her, that is within the law. But the minute "compensation" takes place, you are now partaking in illegal prostitution.
But feel free to go on thinking as you will. I just hope you have some of that "compensation" stashed away for a good defense attorney.

~Lem

S

steelyeyes

A few places are opening, a lot more are closing. Seattle is making local laws to regulate dispensaries like any other business and that's a good thing. It's a mixed bag legal-wise right now. It will take some time to get this wrangled out. I just wish Obama would make his minions hold to his word that he wouldn't mess with medical mj in the states that allow it.

The Feds should have better things to do with their thugs.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

steelyeyes;661541 The Feds should have better things to do with their thugs.[/QUOTE said:
firing 99% of them would be a good start to reining in the budget

fwiw

S

steelyeyes

Yeah, or putting most, if not all of them on the Mexican border instead of harrassing normal folks.

Top Bottom