Who's Running Cmh 315's In Flower?

• Thread starter lostnNorcal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

Hey guys, I have a boulder lighting cmh 315 ordered should be here any day. Got it from my hydro shop for $450. What bulbs are you running in flower. 4K or the 3K? I have heard of people using both.
Doesn't one mimic the sun the best? Is it the 4k that mimics the sun he best but the 3k puts off more light?

Also, anyone have experience with the hydrofarm 315 and nanolux 315. I'm going to buy one to compare with the boulder light 315, to see if the bouler is worth the extra $150. I can get the other 2 for $300 each at my hydro shop.

Im slowly going to phase out my 1k hps's if 2 of these cmh 315's can yield the same as the hps.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I have been using these mixed with my HPS for almost a year now, One garden I have 4 315 LEC that all came with the 3100k bulb mixed with 6 1000 hps. The other garden Has 6 LEC all came with that 3100k bulb mixed with 4 1000 hps. Both gardens have been doing the same weight 8 plus p. I hope this helps.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Id p
I have been using these mixed with my HPS for almost a year now, One garden I have 4 315 LEC that all came with the 3100k bulb mixed with 6 1000 hps. The other garden Has 6 LEC all came with that 3100k bulb mixed with 4 1000 hps. Both gardens have been doing the same weight 8 plus p. I hope this helps.
Pull the extra 2 1000s out the 6x 1k room,as there making no difference only to your electric bill.

lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

It's a great light and the plants do respond differently then hps. One odd thing is my purple grape d strain was always a deep purple strain with lots of frost but under the bli 315 the trichomes are purple too, which they aren't under the hps. Anyways I'll get pics up but so far great light.
My phantom 315 the ballast never worked more then 10 minutes then never came on again so it got shipped back just the ballast. Here I am a month later and still waiting on the replacement.

keiksweat

keiksweat

tha
It's a great light and the plants do respond differently then hps. One odd thing is my purple grape d strain was always a deep purple strain with lots of frost but under the bli 315 the trichomes are purple too, which they aren't under the hps. Anyways I'll get pics up but so far great light.
My phantom 315 the ballast never worked more then 10 minutes then never came on again so it got shipped back just the ballast. Here I am a month later and still waiting on the replacement.
That's interesting,I've been checking out them phantoms on ebay.glad I read this.im sure I've read a few people running them though.looking forward to seeing these purple trichs.ive seen this before on an led grow,amazing purple colour coming through

FireBeard77

FireBeard77

20160807 080632 1

FireBeard77

FireBeard77

3 weeks to finish maybe 4.This plant is untrained.It was a last min throw in due to more males than I was figuring.Battled through a slew of issues from light leaks to a transformer going out and being down to 1 light for 5 days.
Then I went on a 4 day camp trip and came back to burnt plants(Due to me running full strength so my fault).
Im running the sgt light out of boulder..

FireBeard77

FireBeard77

Any pics of the sgt light..?how much more expensive I'd the boulder light?thanks.amazing work pal.
The lights are 500 each and then I had to buy step down transformers from 240v down to 120v.Im limited on amps and no way to hook up a 240v line atm so I had no choice.Each light pulls around 3amps.The transformer was an extra 20$.

Frank0

Frank0

Hey guys. Got one of the Gorillas up and one of my T5's finished for veg tent. I am planing on 315's too for flower tent, maybe 4 or 5 for a 5x9 tent. Boulder priced me at about $495 ea, theirs have a vertical bulb. Looking at Nanolux for $296 ea. also with a vertical bulb. Any thoughts on vertical vs horizontal mount? Nanolux claims the vertical has a more even light foot print.

Latest posts

Top Bottom