Who's Running Cmh 315's In Flower?

• Thread starter lostnNorcal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BarbaraMarti

Hello I preferred to Go with CMH 315 with 3K because it gives very good light in garder. Specially when you are sitting with your wife and watching flowers. It give good presence of romance as well. It saves electricity as well. I tried 4k but it was not of my choice. It also gives good light but consumes more electricity.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Not sure about daisy chain for Nanolux, does not say. But i think i might try the Endomax 315 Luminair series. they can be daisy chained. Second choice might be BLI.
What makes Endomax your preference over BLI? I ask because I'm thinking of redoing my lighting and going full 315s...

Freshone

Freshone

I like the open reflector of the endomax for cross lighting with multiple fixtures,kind of like aaw's.
Also endos use a different 315 bulb than all the other lights,it is designed for use with closed reflectors only(which endo is not).It has a single jacket not a double like the standard bulb used in cmh open reflectors.
The single jacket 315 bulb definitely has an advantage light and uv wise but it also carries risk if it fails,this is why Philips says you cannot use it in an open reflector.

Frank0

Frank0

What makes Endomax your preference over BLI? I ask because I'm thinking of redoing my lighting and going full 315s...
I ordered 1 Endomax today. What i think i like about it is i seems like fans would keep it a little cooler due to no real hood on it. I might try 1 BLI too to really check it out and compare as i would want 5 or 6 315's in the 5x9 flower tent.

Last edited:
Frank0

Frank0

I like the open reflector of the endomax for cross lighting with multiple fixtures,kind of like aaw's.
Also endos use a different 315 bulb than all the other lights,it is designed for use with closed reflectors only(which endo is not).It has a single jacket not a double like the standard bulb used in cmh open reflectors.
The single jacket 315 bulb definitely has an advantage light and uv wise but it also carries risk if it fails,this is why Philips says you cannot use it in an open reflector.
Does that mean Endo can only use their bulb? Was thinking of using Phillips too.

Freshone

Freshone

No I think a 315 ballast will fire any 315 bulb.
Philips makes 2 types of 315 bulbs,open fixture rated which are double jacketed and have an O in the part number and single jacketed rated for enclosed fixtures only.Endo kind of breaks the rules using the single jacketed in an open fixture which Philips does not condone but it puts out a little stronger light and More UV,you have to weigh the risk vs reward for yourself.When CMH bulbs fail they sometimes blow not just burn up a filament.

FireBeard77

FireBeard77

20160824 145255
20160822 105045

Frank0

Frank0

No I think a 315 ballast will fire any 315 bulb.
Philips makes 2 types of 315 bulbs,open fixture rated which are double jacketed and have an O in the part number and single jacketed rated for enclosed fixtures only.Endo kind of breaks the rules using the single jacketed in an open fixture which Philips does not condone but it puts out a little stronger light and More UV,you have to weigh the risk vs reward for yourself.When CMH bulbs fail they sometimes blow not just burn up a filament.

r
Received an Endo 315 and the bulb is "O" double jacketed. A Sun Pulse, rated Open/Enclosed.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Nice finish. Those nugs are small but the OGs, especially GSC forms golf balls not colas in my experience.

I like the brush used to gather the kief. That's really clever.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Wouldn't it make sense to go with the Phillips bulbs?they invented this lighting,everything else is really a copy.im not knocking anyone's choice of bulb,just saying.the Phillips double ended bulbs used to kill it,better than all the others.thats why they fetch so much money now they stopped making em.makes sense really.

Top Bottom