Alive would be tie from Sam Flores and Just BUA
salvador dali calls himself a bad painter:

Sam Flores FIFTY24SF Gallery Show 12/12/12:

Last but not Least poll my most fave
Justin BUA: Legends of Hip Hop Exhibition @ House…:

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

The Loretto Chapel Staircase Miracle:

This stairway is a sculptor who may have inspired some Escher, the story goes that the nuns prayed for someone to build a stairway but no one could do what they needed and this man showed up with his carpentry materials, he soaked the wood in water and the wood was from middle east and very strange to have that much in northern new mexico so months go by and the stair way is done without a support beam in the middle with no nails only wooden pegs and they could not find the carpenter to ask how it supports so well and they did not pay him

33 stairs 77 wooden pegs unless I'm mistaken and 2 360° turns

Myco

Myco

I think Salvador Dalí is going to be a favorite among many of us stoners :D

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

My favorite indigenous art
Arte huichol (de los indígenas americanos):

@DAT what do you think of huichol arte? I like your art because it reminds me of my ancestors

Last edited:
phoenixfire

phoenixfire

I think Salvador Dalí is going to be a favorite among many of us stoners :D
His parents use to introduce him to their peers as " here's Salvador, you know we named him after his younger brother who we lost"
So basically his dead brother before him lived vicariously through his parents namiMG and introducing him with that constant shadow, weird I think that went on into his adulthood, but I may be off a little it's been a grip since I studied Dali
Fucked up but significant in his madness

Last edited:
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

My grandmother. She taught oil painting for a hobby. I get offered mad cash for her paintings and won't sell them.
All her paintings I can relate to. They are places I have been to.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, number one, all time favorite is Jans Vermeer, the master of light.

After that, after spending time in El Paso last year and going to their art museum, seeing El Buen Pastor... man, I get choked up just thinking about it again. Luis Jimenez is my 2nd dead guy favorite. He was too young.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There's an art shop in... aw fuck.. it's on the coast, the Bay.. they had all kinds of original works by him. Several of them were a bit naughty. :D

Oh good Lord, Sausalito. We bought some netsuke at a shop called Versailles there. Now, if you wanna see some naughty art, go find yourself a shop like Versailles and look for the small Japanese tchotchkes.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

My grandmother. She taught oil painting for a hobby. I get offered mad cash for her paintings and won't sell them.
All her paintings I can relate to. They are places I have been to.
It would be an honor for you to share if you would like and anyone else please do share pics of some
Art that has inspired or touched you.

First, number one, all time favorite is Jans Vermeer, the master of light.

After that, after spending time in El Paso last year and going to their art museum, seeing El Buen Pastor... man, I get choked up just thinking about it again. Luis Jimenez is my 2nd dead guy favorite. He was too young.
Cool master of light..

Reminds me of being shocked how specific light manipulation in art can make me squint even in perfectly lit gallery....
I love expression

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

It would be an honor for you to share if you would like and anyone else please do share pics of some
Art that has inspired or touched you.

I will post the few I have up. Most of mine are at my house my father is staying in. I will take pictures when I go over.

M

mcpuffin

The Loretto Chapel Staircase Miracle:

This stairway is a sculptor who may have inspired some Escher, the story goes that the nuns prayed for someone to build a stairway but no one could do what they needed and this man showed up with his carpentry materials, he soaked the wood in water and the wood was from middle east and very strange to have that much in northern new mexico so months go by and the stair way is done without a support beam in the middle with no nails only wooden pegs and they could not find the carpenter to ask how it supports so well and they did not pay him

33 stairs 77 wooden pegs unless I'm mistaken and 2 360° turns
One of my professors made us read about this while in school!

ccWTF

ccWTF

Dmp 16

Top Bottom