phoenixfire

Th 3
Th 2
Th 1
Th
3505 m salvador dali

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

First, number one, all time favorite is Jans Vermeer, the master of light.

After that, after spending time in El Paso last year and going to their art museum, seeing El Buen Pastor... man, I get choked up just thinking about it again. Luis Jimenez is my 2nd dead guy favorite. He was too young.

Post Jan Davidsz de Heem 006
El Buen Pastor
Images 21

Is the horse a sculptor from jiminez? If so I wonder if the art inside DIA is him aswell
2015 02 11 08 02 05  495247702

Is ^^^^^this jimenez? If so, wow. Well wow if not anyhow but I think it's jiminez based off Google pics?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
In no particular order
Banksy
Rodin
Vermeer
Magritte
Alex Grey
Mear1
Shok-1
Ron English
Mark Travis
LaVerne Siebuhr
Van Gogh

Favorite Dali quote: "To be a great artist you have to be two things. You have to be Spanish, and you have to be Salvadore Dali

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Images 15
Dead favorite is Salvador Dali

Alive would be tie from Sam Flores and Just BUA
salvador dali calls himself a bad painter:

Sam Flores FIFTY24SF Gallery Show 12/12/12:

Last but not Least poll my most fave
Justin BUA: Legends of Hip Hop Exhibition @ House…:
My new favorite dead artist is the mara'akame

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
View attachment 484426 View attachment 484427 View attachment 484429
Is the horse a sculptor from jiminez? If so I wonder if the art inside DIA is him aswell
View attachment 484432
Is ^^^^^this jimenez? If so, wow. Well wow if not anyhow but I think it's jiminez based off Google pics?
Yes! The horse is Luis Jiminez. The first two paintings I don't recognize, they don't resemble the Vermeers I'm familiar with (his given name was Johannes, not Jan as I first posted). The last painting I can't quite see well enough, but upon initial perusal it does not look like a Jiminez to me, but I am hardly an expert. Did you find El Buen Pastor?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Also love Henri Matisse and Alphons Mucha. Been digging Fintan Magee and Paul Jackson and Bruce Gomez too

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Where is @DAT at?we need some Dat art in this thread!My mom was a great portrait artist and ive done some landscapes but im definitely not very good,lol.It takes so much patience and its hard to not be critical of yourself.I love art of all kinds,it hangs everywhere in my house but definitely no favorites or rhyme or reason to it.Like natural therapy ive been digging banksy alot lately,my wife got me into him.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have TWO rules for what makes art, art.

First, does it make you feel? Anything at all. If so, even if that feeling is revulsion, then it is art.

Second, if you like it, that's all you need for *your* preference.

rollon

rollon

one of my favorites was my uncle. he was a very talented artist that painted out of los angeles for many years. he passed away a couple of years ago. I thought I would throw up some pics of the ones I liked best. the first is a nod to Salvador Dali one of my uncles favorites. he did a lot of portraits but it was the evolution of his koi paintings that I liked best. as he got sick and used marijuana for pain the koi paintings went from traditional dull colored to extremely vibrant and trippy. he also threw his dog in a lot of paintings. going to try to do these in two posts because there are quite a few. I am a little medicated and might mess up. hope u enjoy and nice thread phoenixfire. peace`

1 14
1 19
1 28
1 42
70020646 SLD 001 0001
70020646 SLD 001 0008
70020646 SLD 001 0009
X

str8smokn

str8smokn

Here's a BIC pen drawing,completely.bought it while outside of Pittsburgh,it was drawn by a inmate at the prison( while they were allowed art class ). They then were allowed to sell at teachers art store and keep money for more supplies,I thought it was pretty cool...

Top Bottom