why all the hygrozyme hate in RDWC??

• Thread starter j wizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
j wizzle

j wizzle

i just wanted to get the opinions on others and why they hate hygrozyme in RDWC? i use it and have great success with it, my roots are nice & white considering i use GH micro and that stuff makes your roots turn a redish color anyways.

is it because you cant use it with certain nutes?

ive had the brown sludge in veg before...it was due to me leaving my plants in my aero cloner too long. it seems like the hygrozyme was breaking down all the dead stuff and after about a week, it all went away and the plants went on to do great.

im looking for what kind of nutes you used and why you hate hygrozyme so much.

j wizzle

j wizzle

almost 2 years...never had a bad crop with it..maybe 12-16 crops with it

i use GH nutes and botanicare cal-mag+

i think people get all the sludge because they already have a bigger problem to begin with... but thats just my thinking on the subject.

from all the threads ive seen on here, people already have issues, but the hygrozyme in and they get the brown sludge....which i think is just the hygrozyme working on breaking down all the crap in the root system....and instead of riding it out and letting it do its thing, people dump the res and complain about it. but like i said, thats just my general observation.

i would like for some more intelligent people to chime in here and tell me exactly (scientifically) why they dont like hygrozyme....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
J wizzle vs. Mr. Dizzle

Lol

j wizzle

j wizzle

lol...not like that at all..

im just really curious as to why so many people are having problems, but im not. i think it has to do with the nutes used or maybe people dont want to give the product time to work like its supposed to. just trying to learn something new every day

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
From what I understand, Hydrozyme, cannazyme, or any of the other marketed enzymes are great for eating up dead roots and sludgy stuff in the res.

With that being said, I believe that what hygrozyme is not good for is brown algae, which you may never have had in your grows.

Hygrozyme, and I am speaking from the experience of others and from what I have read, seems to make brown algae bloom harder, instead of eradicate it. That is why they don't recommend it in RDWC.

When I got brown algae, I used physan, almost killed my plants with it, bombed the room with sulfur, and then ran the next few cycles with EWC tea, and I have not had any brown algae come back. I did not try an enzyme, so I cant speak from my own experience on it.

I guess you should just consider yourself fortunate. 12-16 harvest with no res problems is great.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
** brown sludge, may not have been brown slime.

j wizzle

j wizzle

good stuff...what are the main causes of brown algea? light leaks? i know my 5-gal buckets would get green algea on the water level meter i made for each bucket, but i knew about that before hand so it wasnt an issue really.

i just make sure i clean the hell out of each bucket before each round. i just use anti bacterial soap and a good pipe brush on each pipe of my UC

M

mrdizzle

I have a team of scientist who are doing some ground breaking research, god willing, we will have and answer sometime in early 2013, so hang in there jwizzle

j wizzle

j wizzle

not sure if thats sarcasm or what...hard to tell on forums some times.

but all ive really seen on here is the brown algea stuff, and then people tell them to just wait for it to do bad shit to your crop....but im not really buying that, because my experience tells me otherwise.

i dont think you need 20 additives and a bunch of foliar sprays to grow good dank either, but you can find 2000 scientific breakdowns of every nutrient program out there. but i never see anything like that for enzyme products, specifically hygrozyme.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

12-16 crops in under 2 years if that's from 1 system id be more interested in the cut then the nutes lol... I use non recirc dwc with gh,hygrozyme, an aqua shield I had a quick thing of brown alge pop up before adding the hygro an aqua because I was haveing some warm water issues, it has since been erraticated an now my roots are nice an white dreadloks, Az

j wizzle

j wizzle

12-16 crops in under 2 years if that's from 1 system id be more interested in the cut then the nutes lol... I use non recirc dwc with gh,hygrozyme, an aqua shield I had a quick thing of brown alge pop up before adding the hygro an aqua because I was haveing some warm water issues, it has since been erraticated an now my roots are nice an white dreadloks, Az

i have a perp setup, so i get a crop every 1- 1 1/2 months...i run 70-90 day stains, its definitly not the cut...lol

so the hygrozyme worked and your brown crap is gone from your system?

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Yup but I also moved the air stones right in or next to the affected area so that also could of had a hand in smaking that shit around... Az

S

southern

I'm not very scientific or anything, but I've been using Hygrozyme in my UC even after reading that people are advising against it. Works pretty well, but I also use a EWC tea and have a good chiller. I try to prevent slime, sludge, root zone problems. I think if anything, Hygrozyme just exposes a problem(brown slime) you already have.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
EWC tea works. The bennies will out compete the brown slime.

Jwizzle the brown slime looks like mucus, not really root rot.

j wizzle

j wizzle

I think if anything, Hygrozyme just exposes a problem(brown slime) you already have.

i have the same feelings....think there is already a problem. i dont think its they hygrozyme....thats why im asking for a clearly scientific approach, not "ive used it, it gave me brown slime, its bad"....that just doesnt cut it.

i know that the real heavy weight guys dont really like it either, so i was just looking for a reason why.

i would think i would have the brown slime by now, i dont even have a chiller....my temps never go above 75 and generally stay in the 65-70 range. the summer it gets a little hotter, but only for 2 months. im going to pick up a 1/4 hp chiller this week just to see how much an improvement it will make.

Latest posts

Top Bottom