Why Am I Getting Sea Foam Looking Bho In Vac Oven

• Thread starter diggerdan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diggerdan

I start off with everything out of the freezer, blow into a room temp Pyrex, once i had the Pyrex lined with PTFE and the other time I did not and I did a pour off. After all the butane had gassed off I put the slab in the vac oven at 90F and left it for an hour, until the surface area was at an even temp. I slowly started introducing vacuum so that my muffin didn't build too fast. Once I had achieved a full muffin I left the vacuum on and open. The muffin started to get a foam looking crust all over it before it ever fell. When I returned to the oven 12H later the muffin had fallen but looked like dry sea foam, I closed the vac and turned it off so i could release the vacuum to try and flip the slab. Everything was crusty like sand.

Can you please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong? I have searched high and low and cant find much about why it is doing this in the oven. Thank you so much for your time!

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Sounds like your fats and lipids,
The one time I didn't de wax my batch, It did the same exact thing. Is the top crusty part pretty light in color? Yeah sucks when that happens, I made that batch all personal.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Also the fact you waited 12 hrs to flip after full muffin, I would flip every 2-3 hours to get the same look and consistency on both sides.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I would run hotter, flip more often, and run less time. I stick it in the oven and heat it intil it just fully melts, typically around 110/115F, before starting the vacuum.

I also don't let it super inflate in the oven, but hold the vacuum steady when it inflates, until it starts to calm and then continue the vacuum. Flip when it reaches 29.5" Hg without flurries and remove when the solvent bubbles cease at -29.5" Hg.

I start with cotton candy, but can get below 10% of FDA Class III residual solvent standards in about 4 hrs.

D

diggerdan

I would run hotter, flip more often, and run less time. I stick it in the oven and heat it intil it just fully melts, typically around 110/115F, before starting the vacuum.

I also don't let it super inflate in the oven, but hold the vacuum steady when it inflates, until it starts to calm and then continue the vacuum. Flip when it reaches 29.5" Hg without flurries and remove when the solvent bubbles cease at -29.5" Hg.

I start with cotton candy, but can get below 10% of FDA Class III residual solvent standards in about 4 hrs.
Thanks man! The higher heat is what I needed, I was scared off cooking of terps but since raising the heat I have been a lot more successful.

Top Bottom