Why am I getting yellow and brown sugar leaves?

• Thread starter Greenhand2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenhand2

Greenhand2

Its been 44 days since I went 12/12 with my White Widow and I am getting some yellow and brown on the leaves of one plant. Overall the plant is also turning a lighter green that the other plants too.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Or if I should do something about it? Or is it too late?
Why am i getting yellow and brown sugar leaves

Effendi

Effendi

It's fine. I wouldn't mess with it. (try to "fix" it. )

So at day 44, you're within two weeks of the beginning of the window.
The discoloration is natural and normal for a plant winding up it's existence.

When we see this, (weird colors or designs towards the end) our first thought is "fixing it".
There might be a fix, (if there is even a problem) but there is nothing you can add to improve what you see as potential wrongs.

I'm seeing lots of nearly ripe trichomes and heavy crystals. It's a success. Let it be.

:)

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Give cal mag. That’s what window you’re in. Weeks 4-5 of bloom is when the demand starts to show. It’s far from finished. I’m impressed by the one who can see trichome maturity from this picture.

Anthem

Anthem

It's fine. I wouldn't mess with it. (try to "fix" it. )

So at day 44, you're within two weeks of the beginning of the window.
The discoloration is natural and normal for a plant winding up it's existence.

When we see this, (weird colors or designs towards the end) our first thought is "fixing it".
There might be a fix, (if there is even a problem) but there is nothing you can add to improve what you see as potential wrongs.

I'm seeing lots of nearly ripe trichomes and heavy crystals. It's a success. Let it be.

Do not listen to this. You have 2 problems from the looks of things. First off, the tips of the leaves being burned means you are overfeeding the plant, the more you over feed the plant the worse the burn will get and this will lower your yield. Secondly, see the lower sugar leaves and the brown spots, that is a sign of calcium def. I would up the calcium and magnesium feeding and lower the overall PPM/EC of the nutrients.

Greenhand2

Greenhand2

Do not listen to this. You have 2 problems from the looks of things. First off, the tips of the leaves being burned means you are overfeeding the plant, the more you over feed the plant the worse the burn will get and this will lower your yield. Secondly, see the lower sugar leaves and the brown spots, that is a sign of calcium def. I would up the calcium and magnesium feeding and lower the overall PPM/EC of the nutrients.
Ive been using Nectar for the Gods Greek regime, well most of it anyway. These nutrients always read really high PPM before I put them in and the run off both. The other plants are darker green and zero yellow and brown blemishes. I have calmag I can use but wasn't sure if I should or if this was normal like some here have said. With NFTG I am mainly feeding them calcium anyway right?

Effendi

Effendi

seriously greenhand, Listen to Anthem if you want to, but I disagree with him.

If you sprinkle powdered gold and holy water on those nearly finished plant you would NOT see any improvement in the next couple of weeks before your flush.

There is nothing to improve, ride the storm out, they are nearly done. I GUARANTEE you this. If you listen to others and add Cal/ mag or some other unnecessary additive, in your quest to fix, you will NOT see any improvement before you harvest. there is no such thing as recoloring your leaves and eliminating unsightly modeling.

It's the unique nature and look of your process, don't fuck it up on the 5 yard line.

Do LESS, not more.

Carry on.

Anthem

Anthem

Ive been using Nectar for the Gods Greek regime, well most of it anyway. These nutrients always read really high PPM before I put them in and the run off both. The other plants are darker green and zero yellow and brown blemishes. I have calmag I can use but wasn't sure if I should or if this was normal like some here have said. With NFTG I am mainly feeding them calcium anyway right?
I have never used that nutrient line, kind of looks like AN with all the add ons. I do know that plant needs more Calcium and the tip burn is from too high of PPM/EC. If you continue with your current feeding PPM/EC the problem will get worse. Can you post up pictures of your other plants?

Anthem

Anthem

seriously greenhand, Listen to Anthem if you want to, but I disagree with him.

If you sprinkle powdered gold and holy water on those nearly finished plant you would NOT see any improvement in the next couple of weeks before your flush.

There is nothing to improve, ride the storm out, they are nearly done. I GUARANTEE you this. If you listen to others and add Cal/ mag or some other unnecessary additive, in your quest to fix, you will NOT see any improvement before you harvest. there is no such thing as recoloring your leaves and eliminating unsightly modeling.

It's the unique nature and look of your process, don't fuck it up on the 5 yard line.

Do LESS, not more.

Carry on.
While you will not correct leaves with damage, you are only at week 6 and 2 days. This is the time when the plant will put on the most bulk. While you cannot change the leaves that are damaged you can stop the problem from getting any worse and the buds will have a chance to continue to mature and grow. Riding out the storm will just lower your yield. Lower the PPM/ec and add about 6 mills per gallon of Cal Mag. I assume you are under LED's?

Effendi

Effendi

I do know that plant needs more Calcium and the tip burn is from too high of PPM/EC.

May I ask, how do you "Know" that? In what world have you "fixed/ cal magged" a plant in it's final weeks and improved it's lot?

If you continue with your current feeding PPM/EC the problem will get worse. Can you post up pictures of your other plants?

That is probably correct. So why on earth would you try to add even more PPM to fix it?
Listen Greenie, you're almost fucking THERE. Do not fix something that's not broken.

From the looks of your flowers I would not add ANYTHING other than Ph'd water till they're done. Just my opinion.

Anthem

Anthem

May I ask, how do you "Know" that? In what world have you "fixed/ cal magged" a plant in it's final weeks and improved it's lot?

That is probably correct. So why on earth would you try to add even more PPM to fix it?
Listen Greenie, you're almost fucking THERE. Do not fix something that's not broken.

From the looks of your flowers I would not add ANYTHING other than Ph'd water till they're done. Just my opinion.

First of all, we are talking week 6 and 2 days so he is not at the 5 yard line but more like the 35 yard line. Secondly, he mentioned other plants without the issue. Trying to save the other plants as well. Again not at the 5 yard line.

Anthem

Anthem

And if you took the time to read posts you would have read that I told him to lower the PPMs/EC

Effendi

Effendi

While you will not correct leaves with damage, you are only at week 6 and 2 days. This is the time when the plant will put on the most bulk. While you cannot change the leaves that are damaged you can stop the problem from getting any worse and the buds will have a chance to continue to mature and grow. Riding out the storm will just lower your yield. Lower the PPM/ec and add about 6 mills per gallon of Cal Mag. I assume you are under LED's?
Wow, OK. Make it so. You can't argue with the "Cal/mag" fixes everything line.

I have a friend who I gave two fully vegged plants to in order to finish.

3 weeks later, I went there, the plants looked weak and were not setting correct in the flower.

He told me, "I just need to add Cal Mag in order to "Fix" them. I asked him, they have never had "cal mag" other than whatever is in Sensei Base. How can they be deficient?

Don't believe the hype, you do NOT need Cal/mag. I mean go ahead and use it if you believe others. But I'm telling you your plants need nothing.

Move forward knowledgeably.

Anthem

Anthem

Wow, OK. Make it so. You can't argue with the "Cal/mag" fixes everything line.

I have a friend who I gave two fully vegged plants to in order to finish.

3 weeks later, I went there, the plants looked weak and were not setting correct in the flower.

He told me, "I just need to add Cal Mag in order to "Fix" them. I asked him, they have never had "cal mag" other than whatever is in Sensei Base. How can they be deficient?

Don't believe the hype, you do NOT need Cal/mag. I mean go ahead and use it if you believe others. But I'm telling you your plants need nothing.

Move forward knowledgeably.

Wow no need to add Cal Mag?
What lights you growing under? HPS, CMH, The Sun?

Effendi

Effendi

First of all, we are talking week 6 and 2 days so he is not at the 5 yard line but more like the 35 yard line. Secondly, he mentioned other plants without the issue. Trying to save the other plants as well. Again not at the 5 yard line.
lol, OK. So WW is by all accounts a 60 day strain https://www.leafly.com/strains/white-widow

By the numbers, day 44 leaves 14 days or 2 weeks, so technically it's the 25 yard line by the numbers. but I digress, you are probably correct on this being the bulge time for the plant, problem is, by the time his "Cal/mag" makes a difference (if it even does) he will have had the plants hanging.

But you are probably not wrong, but your advice to him is.

Effendi

Effendi

Wow no need to add Cal Mag?
What lights you growing under? HPS, CMH, The Sun?
Correct... EVER. I have a dusty bottle downstairs from the 1990's, still some in it. crusted shut.

HPS.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The plants should have been more pre loaded (so to speak) with calmag,
At this point I would cut ppm to 6-800, and accept the deficiency till finish.the damage has been done.
A flush feeding would be beneficial.

Anthem

Anthem

The Blue Circle is what are called white pistils, that means the plant is still growing. See the black circle, that is the calcium def.
Figures you are under HPS and talking no Cal Mag. New Flash, plants under LED's do not uptake nutrients like plants under HPS.
If you feed the plant correctly, not just the one in the picture but also the ones that do not show the damage they will continue to stake on weight until the last few days. No sense in just letting the plants go and not get all the buds you can.

InkedIMG 3554 LI
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
wouldnt you want to flush the last 2 weeks? so, not a lot of time to add stuff

Greenhand2

Greenhand2

I have never used that nutrient line, kind of looks like AN with all the add ons. I do know that plant needs more Calcium and the tip burn is from too high of PPM/EC. If you continue with your current feeding PPM/EC the problem will get worse. Can you post up pictures of your other plants?
Here is a picture of 2 other plants that do not have the yellow and brown spots. I am growing them under a Spider Farmer 4000 LED light.
IMG 3558

Latest posts

Top Bottom