Why am I loosing density when drying

• Thread starter Franco74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Franco74

Franco74

When my buds are living and it's harvest time they feel dense and hard but after wet trimming by hand and drying they seem like the are about half the density of store bought bud what am I doing wrong?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
When my buds are living and it's harvest time they feel dense and hard but after wet trimming by hand and drying they seem like the are about half the density of store bought bud what am I doing wrong?
The strain you are growing has a lot to do with that and the lights intensity can have an effect. I grew out a crop with an almost burned out 1000w hps lamp and I had light fluffy buds, I bought a new lamp and it was a 100% improvement with the density. I've also grown on a 11 on 13 off schedule that turned out light airy buds.

I use a bud booster...Kool Bloom or Monster Bloom for 3-4 weeks in flower and that helps harden them up but some strains still dry light. Sativa's in particular for me, I've dried them too fast and they turn to powder

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

It’s because your losing the moisture out of the buds when you dry. It comes down to dialing in your grow room and what nutrients your using. They do have products to try and get harder buds but in my experience silica helps a lot

2Bad

2Bad

It’s because your losing the moisture out of the buds when you dry. It comes down to dialing in your grow room and what nutrients your using. They do have products to try and get harder buds but in my experience silica helps a lot
Yeah I did silica to the end in my last grow definetly made them rock hard lol . Not all strains but some.

growsince79

growsince79

Try letting them hang in the dark with the leaves on. Wait at least 2 weeks to trim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom